Guest viewing is limited

Marrying a gaijin with PR

hitman99

TAG Member
Reaction score
just wondering what the visa situation would be if anyone knows of someone who married a foreign citizen with Japanese residency ? Asking on behalf of a friend who met someone on hello talk app of all places -

He does not want to ask her directly as says comes across too strong just to pre empt - thks

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
If you marry a foreigner with work visa you can work up to 28 hours a week. (It’s expected for them to have the finances to fully support you) If you marry a foreigner with permanent residence, or your spouse becomes eligible for PR the benefits are similar to being married to a Japanese national. You get the spouse visa and can work full time without being sponsored by a company. For details check Mike’s link.

I’m not sure about this but I think the person with the PR must be paying their taxes in order to sponsor a wife or husband for a visa.

Last edited:
Mikan? Is that MikeH's kyabajo name? Did you get a point card from him too?

Soon we will have a duo with Mikan-Chan. He made his fuzoku debut last week.

Soon we will have a duo with Mikan-Chan. He made his fuzoku debut last week.

That must be the new nick name for the BO. I am sure it is because he tastes as sweet too.

But as I said, I don't take money for my services. I see it as my way of giving back to the community.

I love it when I read stuff I dont u dersrabd abd dont guve a shit
Yes im drukn