Matsushima Shinchi - Some updated info

Ojaysee

TAG Member
Reaction score
Well, it's been a while since I've been there. During the pandemic I've been checking TAG to see if anyone had visited any of the infamous Shinchi areas in Osaka to see what changes (if any) were in place.

Reading anything on the "bakusai" site should be taken with a grain of salt and I read everything from masks being required to play and even driver's license and phone number needed to gain entry so they could call you if they needed to. I guess in the event of a customer or SW testing positive to COVID.

So with new case numbers dipping to the lowest numbers this year, me and a couple of buddies headed off to Matsushima a couple of weeks ago. Well timed it would seem given the recent uptick in numbers.

The first thing that stood out was how few customers were wandering the streets at what would usually be a busy time on the weekend. The next was the lack of calls we were getting. Pre-COVID we (3 Caucasian gaijin) would get calls and enthusiastic waves and smiles from 90% of the mama-sans and girls. We got positive attention from about 60% and in fact saw a couple of large "Japanese people only" signs for the first time and I've been going there for a long time, trust me. Still not bad but it was certainly a different atmosphere to what we're used to.

Anyway, I can happily say masks aren't required if you're willing to roll the dice. The three of us all went to different shops and all got temperature checks upon entry. Probably standard I would say. No other changes in service I would say. Even kissing was still on the menu should that be something you're looking for. Oh, and no ID required. Something I wouldn't have agreed to anyway.

The lovely young girl I got acquainted with said that night was no different from any other during the pandemic. Apparently business is pretty poor as you might expect. Mentioned foreigners seemed less welcome than usual and she said she had no problem with foreigners given that they must live here at the moment. A fact that might be lost on some of the other shops.

Anyway, a good time was had by all and nice to know that option is still there largely unchanged. Might not go back for a while with the current situation but I thought I'd at least give up an update to those who might be waiting to hear about these areas in Osaka as I was.

Thanks for your time!

I just visited both Matsushima and Tobita some days ago. There was one shop in Matsushima with the sign "Japanese Only" but other than that I got called over from pretty much every shop. Though did not find anything I fancied so went to Tobita where, in my not so humble opinion, every girl looks better than the best Matsushima girl.

Just very few customers in Matsushima but Tobita was buzzing. Almost all shops were open but nine out of ten were always empty as the girl(s) were upstairs serving tea. Got called by every mama-san and every other aspect was also as before; no masks, no IDs. Point to notice is that the restaurants still need to close at nine so that's when all these restaurants stop serving too.

Well, it's been a while since I've been there. During the pandemic I've been checking TAG to see if anyone had visited any of the infamous Shinchi areas in Osaka to see what changes (if any) were in place.

Reading anything on the "bakusai" site should be taken with a grain of salt and I read everything from masks being required to play and even driver's license and phone number needed to gain entry so they could call you if they needed to. I guess in the event of a customer or SW testing positive to COVID.

So with new case numbers dipping to the lowest numbers this year, me and a couple of buddies headed off to Matsushima a couple of weeks ago. Well timed it would seem given the recent uptick in numbers.

The first thing that stood out was how few customers were wandering the streets at what would usually be a busy time on the weekend. The next was the lack of calls we were getting. Pre-COVID we (3 Caucasian gaijin) would get calls and enthusiastic waves and smiles from 90% of the mama-sans and girls. We got positive attention from about 60% and in fact saw a couple of large "Japanese people only" signs for the first time and I've been going there for a long time, trust me. Still not bad but it was certainly a different atmosphere to what we're used to.

Anyway, I can happily say masks aren't required if you're willing to roll the dice. The three of us all went to different shops and all got temperature checks upon entry. Probably standard I would say. No other changes in service I would say. Even kissing was still on the menu should that be something you're looking for. Oh, and no ID required. Something I wouldn't have agreed to anyway.

The lovely young girl I got acquainted with said that night was no different from any other during the pandemic. Apparently business is pretty poor as you might expect. Mentioned foreigners seemed less welcome than usual and she said she had no problem with foreigners given that they must live here at the moment. A fact that might be lost on some of the other shops.

Anyway, a good time was had by all and nice to know that option is still there largely unchanged. Might not go back for a while with the current situation but I thought I'd at least give up an update to those who might be waiting to hear about these areas in Osaka as I was.

Thanks for your time!
Thanks for the update. The last time I went to Matsushima was around maybe September or October of last year. I also checked out Kannami Shinchi around August of last year and it was pretty crowded that time.

I just visited both Matsushima and Tobita some days ago. There was one shop in Matsushima with the sign "Japanese Only" but other than that I got called over from pretty much every shop. Though did not find anything I fancied so went to Tobita where, in my not so humble opinion, every girl looks better than the best Matsushima girl.

Just very few customers in Matsushima but Tobita was buzzing. Almost all shops were open but nine out of ten were always empty as the girl(s) were upstairs serving tea. Got called by every mama-san and every other aspect was also as before; no masks, no IDs. Point to notice is that the restaurants still need to close at nine so that's when all these restaurants stop serving too.
Were you able to try the service at Tobita, Mikey? A regular did mention that there are a lot of customers recently due to Spring Break.

Damn @MikeH ! You must be better looking than me.
Thanks for the closing time info. That's probably something I should've mentioned because after all, they're officially "restaurants" and at the moment all restaurants in Osaka are supposed to close at 9pm.

Yeah Tobita wins hands down in the looks department but because of that I always feel the girls in Matsushima provide better service as a rule. Like they try a lot more for the repeat business. That said, I have met some very friendly girls in Tobita but also quite a few that were just going through the motions.

@Airnest What was the attitude towards foreigners in Kannami? It hasn't always been the most gaijin-friendly place.

Reactions: MikeH
@Ojaysee
I’m Asian American btw, so I’ve always been able to get service in Kannami Shinchi. I’m not sure if it’s a big factor. It’s also not as popular to foreigners compared to Tobita or Matsushima so maybe that’s why they might not be so open. Have you ever been to Imazato Shinchi or Takii Shinchi? One place that’s famous for being gaijin unfriendly is Shinodayama Shinchi. I’ve been turned down by all the shops I’ve approached there except for one. One mama-san straight up told me that I should just go to Tobita if I wanted to play. I don’t even like their system of not seeing the girls beforehand.

Reactions: scrying
Thanks for the reply @Airnest. Oh wow, that was a bit direct of her but not surprising given what I've heard.

I haven't been to the others sorry. Again, always heard they weren't gaijin friendly so just went where I was welcome. I'll definitely give them a try one day though. Just to say that I've tried at least.

Thanks for the reply @Airnest. Oh wow, that was a bit direct of her but not surprising given what I've heard.

I haven't been to the others sorry. Again, always heard they weren't gaijin friendly so just went where I was welcome. I'll definitely give them a try one day though. Just to say that I've tried at least.
Yeah, I highly recommend Kannami Shinchi, The service is quite similar to Matsushima. I have just never gotten to visit Takii and Imazato, plus with the covid situation I’m not sure if they are even able to stay open. Let me know if you are able to visit them in the future. Cheers and stay safe buddy.

Yeah, I highly recommend Kannami Shinchi, The service is quite similar to Matsushima. I have just never gotten to visit Takii and Imazato, plus with the covid situation I’m not sure if they are even able to stay open. Let me know if you are able to visit them in the future. Cheers and stay safe buddy.

Will do @Airnest. If you're in the area, would be good to catch up!

Yeah, you too man. Stay well!

Will do @Airnest. If you're in the area, would be good to catch up!

Yeah, you too man. Stay well!
Sure thing man. Let me know when it’s good for you. It would be nice to meet someone who shares the same hobby.

Reactions: Ojaysee
I have just never gotten to visit Takii and Imazato, plus with the covid situation I’m not sure if they are even able to stay open.

I know I've probably mentioned it before, but nearby Takii station and the general surrounding area was my original stomping grounds in Japan and I'm pretty intimately familiar with the neighborhood. That said, in all my years there I never knew there was a Shinchi nearby. That said, if you're compelled to go visit the area, I do have some advice.

Takii is one of many smaller local stations on the Keihan Line (see my name?), which are seriously like a two minute walk apart. The next, and larger, station to Takii is Sembayashi Station, which is famous in that (shithole of an) area of Osaka for its long shotengai. The stretch between Takii and Sembayashi stations along the track is a long, municipal bicycle parking row along a quiet street. Back in my time (and this is almost twenty years ago), if you exited Sembayashi station and turned right, you'd find yourself at the exit that leads to that long stretch. And if you came out there late at night, you'd often find a decrepit mamasan or two haunting the block just outside that exit at the beginning of the bicycle parking, usually squatting on the curb and calling out to men and with a couple of her "girls" hanging out nearby. If you struck up a conversation, they'd allude to having a shop nearby and one of those "girls" could accompany you there. I'm guessing the Shinchi is nearby.

It's very dark on that street at night as the Asahi Ward never seemed interested in investing in proper street lamps, but even in the dark I could easily see how hideous some of those girls were. I'm not known around here for being particularly choosey, but even when I was 22, drunk and horny I never once actually considered taking them up on that 1-man offer.

My point: DON'T GO. Do yourself a favor and stick to Tobita. And if you just want to fuck an ugly and/or neurotic middle-aged office lady in her cheap heels, there's a HUB in Kyobashi just a few stops away that's always got a particularly desperate cast of regulars.

Appreciate the feedback @Keihan!

To be honest, what you described sounds like something that should be experienced just once. I mean just seeing that kind of dodgy operation. From what you described I definitely won't be using their services but it makes for a good story right?

Again, thanks for the detailed reply. I always enjoy your posts!

Reactions: Keihan
To be honest, what you described sounds like something that should be experienced just once. I mean just seeing that kind of dodgy operation. From what you described I definitely won't be using their services but it makes for a good story right?

You've been warned!

But seriously, that neighborhood is just downright depressing. I'd avoid it. Not sure which area of Osaka you're in or how familiar with you are with that region, but if you're just looking for a completely random potential adventure, get off the Keihan Line at opposite ends of Osaka, that being either Kyobashi or up in Hirakatashi.

Kyobashi is like a mini Umeda with less money and class. Back in my day, there were a number of small Chinese massage shops outside the station near KFC and before you hit Comms Garden, and also in the back streets on the JR Station side, although I got the distinct sense those shops had a larger presence of yakuza/chinpira types and a couple of white eikaiwa teachers got roughed up at a nearby tachinomi (although in all fairness they probably deserved it). Kyobashi is in all honesty a fucking dump but I have many fond memories there--getting jerked off by a scared Chinese girl who was probably underage, getting a blowjob under a bridge while some teenagers watched, sleeping in the bushes outside the JR station, sleeping on the floor at Daiei, getting hauled into the koban for sleeping on the floor of Daiei, etc.

Hirakata can be an adventure, as well, particularly if you're young and caucasian, because that city is home to the illustrious Kansai Gaikoku-go Daigaku, or Kansai Gaidai as it's known to everyone in Osaka, and all of the thousands of brainless skanks who walk its hallowed hallways and in particular the real standout academics who attend its junior college. Seriously, just walk around town on a Friday night and you'll find it crawling with borderline retarded bimbos who actually think they get class credit for squatting on white dicks. I'm not kidding--just hang out at the station looking white, English-speaking and lost and you will get laid that night.

If you'd rather have a sly adventure, head on over to Neyagawa station and hit up the small bars, particularly near the public housing complexes near the river. I never knew this until some racist old ladies at the eikaiwa clued me in but that area is home to a very large Buraku community and the girls there would probably sell their souls for a chance to get the fuck out of Japan and to a civilized country that won't shit on them for who their great-great-great-great-great-grandparents were. They'll generally be less affluent, less educated (although "educated Osakan" is an oxymoron) and probably have jacked-up teeth and untamed pubic hair but I'd take a loud, violent working-class lay over some pretentious twat from Kyoto any day of the week.

If it sounds like I miss Osaka, I don't. But those memories will last a lifetime.

... And if you came out there late at night, you'd often find a decrepit mamasan or two haunting the block just outside that exit at the beginning of the bicycle parking, usually squatting on the curb and calling out to men and with a couple of her "girls" hanging out nearby.

Reminds me of China. But I never saw the working girls or Mama Sans squatting outside as solicitors. They definitely squat randomly inside the premises. Possible a customary practice. Good story with similarities to my experiences in Chinese bathhouses. I remember one girl squatting directly over the trash can & irrigating herself after the done deed. I wanted to say "Girl, you be acting like I just gave you crabs!" Good times. Some of those girls you get into fights with. Real wild cats.

But what you say about those women from Osaka lines up with the h..ker I dated who lived there and eventually married an Italian guy to live out her life of "away from Japan" forever. Although I don't think she was to that level you speak of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keihan

Again, thanks for the detailed reply. I always enjoy your posts!

Those can often be the most memorable experiences. Especially when you're a repeat customer. It's not like it's Thailand where they'll call the cops on you and they arrive in 9 minutes leaving you running the hell out. Don't knock it till you try it - especially if you're young enough and got good running shoes.

Last edited:
Damn @MikeH ! You must be better looking than me.

I have obviously never met you but I can pretty confidently say that is not the reason for receiving more calls. :p

It might be just one white guy looks less threatening than three. Or then it was just a slow day at the farm and they needed more customers to milk.

Were you able to try the service at Tobita, Mikey? A regular did mention that there are a lot of customers recently due to Spring Break.

There are always more girls than customers though. :D

Reactions: Airnest
Reminds me of China. But I never saw the working girls or Mama Sans squatting outside as solicitors. They definitely squat randomly inside the premises. Possible a customary practice. Good story with similarities to my experiences in Chinese bathhouses. I remember one girl squatting directly over the trash can & irrigating herself after the done deed. I wanted to say "Girl, you be acting like I just gave you crabs!" Good times. Some of those girls you get into fights with. Real wild cats.

But what you say about those women from Osaka lines up with the h..ker I dated who lived there and eventually married an Italian guy to live out her life of "away from Japan" forever. Although I don't think she was to that level you speak of.

That's one of the reasons I suppose I feel so comfortable in Chinese establishments. The matter-of-face and absolutely classless manner in which they conduct most every aspect of their lives can be very disarming, if not somewhat endearing at a late hour. I remember sitting on a massage table in Umeda while the mamasan staggered into the WC, dropped her jeans and took a piss in the squat toilet right in front of me, and so I naturally felt absolutely comfortable watching her hissing away as I dug some shit out of my nose and picked the lint out of my dickhole before paying her 1-man for an utterly traumatizing experience.

I think that's why Chinese tend to gravitate toward Osaka. As far as I can tell, the classless Osakans are only a couple rungs above the average middle-kingdom curb-squatter in terms of basic decency. They must feel right at home. If I weren't worried about having a little too much to drink one night and ending up in a forced labor camp I actually might've enjoyed spending a couple of years in Beijing. I prefer Chinese food to Japanese food. I prefer Chinese bodies to Japanese bodies (longer, leaner, less hairy). I enjoy behaving like a classless piece of shit. I shamelessly greedy and absolutely love arguing about money. After a couple of co-workers at the eikaiwa went over for a week and came back claiming that in China you could drink, piss and shit just about anywhere you wanted to, I figured it was right up my alley.

You've been warned!

But seriously, that neighborhood is just downright depressing. I'd avoid it. Not sure which area of Osaka you're in or how familiar with you are with that region, but if you're just looking for a completely random potential adventure, get off the Keihan Line at opposite ends of Osaka, that being either Kyobashi or up in Hirakatashi.

Kyobashi is like a mini Umeda with less money and class. Back in my day, there were a number of small Chinese massage shops outside the station near KFC and before you hit Comms Garden, and also in the back streets on the JR Station side, although I got the distinct sense those shops had a larger presence of yakuza/chinpira types and a couple of white eikaiwa teachers got roughed up at a nearby tachinomi (although in all fairness they probably deserved it). Kyobashi is in all honesty a fucking dump but I have many fond memories there--getting jerked off by a scared Chinese girl who was probably underage, getting a blowjob under a bridge while some teenagers watched, sleeping in the bushes outside the JR station, sleeping on the floor at Daiei, getting hauled into the koban for sleeping on the floor of Daiei, etc.

Hirakata can be an adventure, as well, particularly if you're young and caucasian, because that city is home to the illustrious Kansai Gaikoku-go Daigaku, or Kansai Gaidai as it's known to everyone in Osaka, and all of the thousands of brainless skanks who walk its hallowed hallways and in particular the real standout academics who attend its junior college. Seriously, just walk around town on a Friday night and you'll find it crawling with borderline retarded bimbos who actually think they get class credit for squatting on white dicks. I'm not kidding--just hang out at the station looking white, English-speaking and lost and you will get laid that night.

If you'd rather have a sly adventure, head on over to Neyagawa station and hit up the small bars, particularly near the public housing complexes near the river. I never knew this until some racist old ladies at the eikaiwa clued me in but that area is home to a very large Buraku community and the girls there would probably sell their souls for a chance to get the fuck out of Japan and to a civilized country that won't shit on them for who their great-great-great-great-great-grandparents were. They'll generally be less affluent, less educated (although "educated Osakan" is an oxymoron) and probably have jacked-up teeth and untamed pubic hair but I'd take a loud, violent working-class lay over some pretentious twat from Kyoto any day of the week.

If it sounds like I miss Osaka, I don't. But those memories will last a lifetime.

Priceless info, thanks man! I love seeing how the other half live. I'll check out these places once all this shit dies down.

Priceless info, thanks man! I love seeing how the other half live. I'll check out these places once all this shit dies down.
Let me know by PM when you decide to go. I’d like to check it out as well, been to lazy to check out the not so popular Shinchis. Been to Tobita, Matsushima, Kannami and Shinodayama so far. All that’s left is Takii and Imazato Shinchi. Takii and Imazato Shinchi’s system might be similar to Shinodayama where you tell the mama-san your type and they send a girl to the shop as opposed to Tobita, Matsushima and Kannami where you can see the girls sitting out front with Kannami being most similar with Matsushima where you have up to 3 girls sitting out at the same time.

Let me know by PM when you decide to go. I’d like to check it out as well, been to lazy to check out the not so popular Shinchis. Been to Tobita, Matsushima, Kannami and Shinodayama so far. All that’s left is Takii and Imazato Shinchi. Takii and Imazato Shinchi’s system might be similar to Shinodayama where you tell the mama-san your type and they send a girl to the shop as opposed to Tobita, Matsushima and Kannami where you can see the girls sitting out front with Kannami being most similar with Matsushima where you have up to 3 girls sitting out at the same time.

Hey man, quick question about Shinodayama.

I'd like to go sometime, because I saw on a Japanese message board that there are lots of girls with tattoos working there (who knows if that's true or not), but I saw on multiple websites that it's officially "日本人のみ". Is that true, in your experience?

I'm a Caucasian guy, for reference, and have been to Tobita with no issues.

Just FYI, in case you didn't know, but Imazato is an extension of Osaka's most famous Zainichi neighborhood (Tsuruhashi), meaning there's a very good chance that the girls working there are Korean. No big deal for me as Kimchee Queens are my preference and so much more enjoyable than Japanese, but just something to keep in mind. Where there be Koreans there be wonderful P4P, and great places to eat after you've done the deed, as well. Just don't make the mistake of trying to date them, unless you enjoy property damage, domestic altercations and the police at your home on a regular basis. Trust me, I have history in that neighborhood and it's not something to brag about.

Thanks for the heads up. I have heard of the Korean women’s reputation of being strong-willed. They even keep their family name after marriage. Can get some Korean BBQ after P4P.

Reactions: Ojaysee
Hey man, quick question about Shinodayama.

I'd like to go sometime, because I saw on a Japanese message board that there are lots of girls with tattoos working there (who knows if that's true or not), but I saw on multiple websites that it's officially "日本人のみ". Is that true, in your experience?

I'm a Caucasian guy, for reference, and have been to Tobita with no issues.
Yeah it’s true. They’re notoriously famous for being Japanese only. I’m Asian American, so I don’t stand out compared to Black or White guys and have been mistaken for being Japanese. Almost all the shops in Shinodayama rejected me except for one. I became a regular at this shop and the mama-san welcomed me whenever I visited, but I was still very careful when I came in that the other stores don’t see me going to this shop. Some of the girls I’ve played with over there had tattoos. The service over there is the most anything goes and raw BJ, deep kiss is standard play. I wouldn’t be surprised if raw FS and cream pie is standard for some girls. I haven’t visited in 2 years though. I would recommend Kannami Shinchi or Matsushima if you haven’t been there. They are more open to foreigners compared to Shinodayama.

Does anyone know which Shinchi would have tanned/black japanese gals?