Guest viewing is limited

Meeting local Japanese girls for hookups/relationships as a non Japanese Asian

Doublelift

TAG Member
Reaction score
Just my personal option~ Japanese women would rather go for "foreigners" aka whites. It is a lot easier to to get girls if you're foreign. This post isn't made to shit on them but just want your insight on non Japanese Asians in the dating scene/hookups.

Just my personal option~ Japanese women would rather go for "foreigners" aka whites. It is a lot easier to to get girls if you're foreign. This post isn't made to shit on them but just want your insight on non Japanese Asians in the dating scene/hookups.
I think Japanese girls is probably more curios about western foreigner but I really don't think beside initial interest that is such huge different on dating or hookups.

Reactions: MikeH
It's quite hard to get. That being said, i believe that if you ask 100 girls out, you would be success with a few of them.
So be confident, go to some language exchange club/event and approach them.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
It's quite hard to get. That being said, i believe that if you ask 100 girls out, you would be success with a few of them.
So be confident, go to some language exchange club/event and approach them.
Yeah, I agree...

Need to just take the plunge and face rejection for a possible win... it's bound to happen statistically..... unless you're some monster. :censored:

Its alk about your confidence. no doubt a caucasian dude has an edge. but you can easily narrow that gap by being fit, dressing well and having game. Infact there are many girls who don't like japanese guys but prefer non white foreigners. Theres a market for everyone, just need to be a leader in that. Happy friday hunting :)

Its alk about your confidence. no doubt a caucasian dude has an edge. but you can easily narrow that gap by being fit, dressing well and having game. Infact there are many girls who don't like japanese guys but prefer non white foreigners. Theres a market for everyone, just need to be a leader in that. Happy friday hunting :)

Indeed, a market for everyone... but you can't stay under a rock and expect something to land in your lap.

Remember those Indian guys that were around here last year, they were struggling super hard to meet girls... It seems like at least one of them had some success after a few tips!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
It's as hard to get as you can make it, really. I happened upon this Indian guy who slayed it - he was quite popular and adored.

What I notice in many Southeast Asian guys who I see here is not that much issues with their looks. The issues lies in two things: style and communication.

On style, sorry to say, but most that I've seen have a really poor sense of fashion. Not that I'm the best in this regard, but some of their outfits were hideous. And as we know, Japan is quite visually driven.

But more importantly, they fell through in terms of communication. What WORKS here is adjusting yourself to the Japanese style of communication without losing your gaijin edge too much. However, most of the Indian/Vietnamese/etc guys who I've seen here are too direct, too loud, and don't respect the personal space perimeter as much as they should.

These two things are WAY worse than nationality. You can see some Westerners breaking these rules too and these are the guys who also haven't got much luck.

Honestly, even though I'm a Westerner, I'm probably not the type for 95% of the women who are willing to go out with foreigners here (which are not that many so and so.) With a shaved head (thanks, diffuse balding :D), piercings, keeping a beard and having some tattoos, I have that 'menacing look', but am skinny at the same time.

My Japanese ex said that if she didn't know how kind and attentive I am, she would've been scared of me when seeing me on the street. But because I do my best to adjust to the communication, some people feel at ease with me.

Japanese people are very impressionable. They can easily be prejudiced against you...and that prejudice can be easily turned around if you surprise them positively. Use that to your advantage.

The biggest advantage for any foreigner, bar none, is Japanese language skills. And if you're a non-Japanese Asian who can add a kawaii burikko personality to the mix you will never go home alone!

Anyone in Tokyo want to hang out for some Japanese girl hunting? I am brown asian in fsshion industry so i know how to dress, and can adapt but lack some approach confidence. Just need someone to show me the way or help me with falling on rejections. Willing to push my comfort zone in Tokyo. But just be more fun with another keen asian girl enthusiast. Let me know i am staying in Tokyo until March 7th.

Hit me up