Guest viewing is limited

Morioka: Sundance & Cheers Bar

cytusfubu

TAG Member
Reaction score
I was looking for some action in morioka even since my company moved me there months ago, and now that I'm in Tokyo, I want to share about the the fun times I had there. I intended this to be a guide for people who wants to go there during the hot summer break, but it's too late as of the time of writing.

Sundance is an Irish Pub which is basically a Nexus for gaijins in the small backwater city. Good vibes, spacious enough with 2 floors of seating space, and great mini hamburger. Since mongering is an unpopular sport in Morioka (due to the lack of gaijin-friendly shops and no-finish endings), it was there that I had a lot of fun experiences and got to meet several people: gaijin or nihonjin, men and women alike. It's a bit expensive if you're just going for a drink, but the vibe and people there are worth it. Getting recognized by the bartenders and waiters there is one of the greatest feelings you can have. The person I think that is the owner, one who I call Mama-san, even introduced me to English-speakers when she sees me coming in alone, so it's hard to be lonely there. The wide vareity of drinks you can also order is nice, and the food is above average in general.

Last edited: