Morning....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Monday morning! I hope everyone is as wide awake as I am!!! I hope this week turns out a lot better than last week, it surely was one of those weeks from hell!

How can you possibly be so chipper on a Monday morning? I'll just assume it's the coffee talking, which I guess by now, you've had a few cups.

Last week was not pleasant for us either, but with the holidays approaching, people are leaving the office starting at the end of this week. Sure, we won't be getting much done, but it'll be nice to get some of these people out of here, especially those who are a thorn in my side. lol. ;)

I'm certainly not chipper as you say. It's lunchtime and I'm dragging, weekend wasn't long enough.

Will stop back by here after lunch, others passing though: have a nice Monday! ;)

-Eliah

How can you possibly be so chipper on a Monday morning? I'll just assume it's the coffee talking, which I guess by now, you've had a few cups.

Chipper? really? Is that the best you can come up with?:mad:

I'm very, very disappointed. :rolleyes:

PS: Lunch time!

Karen - What do you normally eat for lunch? My curiousity has peaked!

-Eliah

PS: With the few exceptions of group lunches, I usually get bentos for around 5-600 Yen.

Chipper? really? Is that the best you can come up with?:mad:

Oh! I can do better! Don't get mad, haha. There's a guy in my building that always answers with something along the lines of "I'm Peachy, how are you?"

Are you PEACHY Karen? :p

Karen - What do you normally eat for lunch? My curiousity has peaked!

Most days, I eat with a usual group of my co-workers that is made up of mostly Japanese ladies. Our lunches usually run about 1,000 yen/day on average. On days when I have no time to take a 1 hour lunch, it's usually a bento or konbini lunch. (~500 yen).

TAG Manager said:
Oh! I can do better! Don't get mad, haha. There's a guy in my building that always answers with something along the lines of "I'm Peachy, how are you?"

Are you PEACHY Karen?

I'm not PEACHY. What's that suppose to mean anyway? :confused::confused: You have some strange people in your building. :rolleyes: You must be their leader. :rolleyes:

Happy Tuesday! What crap morning though!

Made a complete disaster of myself getting out of the door this morning. Ha! :D

Almost 11am already, hope this day flies by!

<3

I'm not PEACHY. What's that suppose to mean anyway? :confused::confused: You have some strange people in your building. :rolleyes: You must be their leader. :rolleyes:

Morning Karen! (actually afternoon now)

I haven't a clue about "PEACHY". I don't make this stuff up, I just hear it from other people, strange as they may be.

Just came back from a nice pasta lunch, really nice weather outside today for a change. It's not even that chilly, just kind of nice. I've got a full plate at work today, so not sure I'll be here much today. At least I've got my personal laptop charged this time.

Don't work too hard! ;)

YEP! Good afternoon now! Today has gone by quickly, to which, I am not complaining at all!

Ooooh! Pasta! I'm jealous now! We really don't have any good pasta places close by to the office. We do however have one too many curry shops!! :eek: Plenty of bento and traditional Japanese style lunches. What kind of pasta did you have?

<3

Late afternoon! Personally, I'm headed home very shortly. It's been a non-stop day, probably because we were so slow yesterday. Oh but there will be punishment on the train... Ugh!

-Eliah

6:28PM. Still at work, the joys of working for a Japanese company.

Today has been, well, to put it lightly - a bitch. :eek: I'm tired, hungry and would like to see my BF tonight.

*Hoping to get out of here soon*

Ooooh! Pasta! I'm jealous now! We really don't have any good pasta places close by to the office. We do however have one too many curry shops!! :eek: Plenty of bento and traditional Japanese style lunches. What kind of pasta did you have?

<3

Today - just tomato meat sauce pasta. Nothing flashy, was only 980 Yen for the large portion. (Omori?) Oddly, there's about 3 pasta places inside a 10 minute walk from the main building. :cool:

*waits for reign of terror to come down on me*

Today - just tomato meat sauce pasta. Nothing flashy, was only 980 Yen for the large portion. (Omori?) Oddly, there's about 3 pasta places inside a 10 minute walk from the main building. :cool:

*waits for reign of terror to come down on me*

Good Wednesday Afternoon to you!

It's not your fault that we don't have any good pasta around here. You have avoided the brimstone and fire today. ;)

Today is a busy day, will try to get back here again later.

<3 <3

Hi... Just dropping by to check in. It's another one of those killer weeks. Looks like I beat you here today Karen, haha.

It's already 2:30 PM and I've still got a load of work to get through. Regardless, I'm stopping at 6:00PM. Tomorrow will be a repeat of today...

When I woke up this morning and looked out the window, I knew that today was going to suck. You know what? It has sucked, every since I rolled out of the shower. (Did not literally 'roll' out of the shower)

Let's see...

- Laundry on balcony was wet. (including my towel for a shower, I'm sure the people across the tracks got a nice view of me this morning in my night clothing :eek: )
- Ran out of face cream
- Strap on my right shoe, broke
- Couldn't find my watch
- Key got stuck in the door when leaving this morning
- Train was delayed
- Forgot my coffee point card
- Lunch place was out of my favorite bento (I was late)
- Can't go to Starbucks for afternoon treat, cold and WET outside.

As evidenced by my spectacular list of fail, the day has been complete crap!!!! :( Just to add insult to injury, BF's dinner plans got canceled due to work. :( :(

What a shit day. </3 for me today.

Monday once again! Sorry about this weekend; we went out Saturday and well, we stayed out late! We came back to my place by taxi late and just passed out.

How did you guys feel about JLPT on Sunday?!? Did you pass? ;)

<3 Back to a busy Monday!

Karen ~ Hi.

JLPT - No comment. For now.

Mondays suck, nothing new there. Will text you later since I'll be away from the PC for awhile.

I know everyone is starting their Holiday breaks -- Friday is my last day of work until next year. I'll pop around here off and on over the break...

Hope everyone has a happy holiday season!

~Karen

Good Wednesday Morning!

Looks like I am finally caught up on the jungle that is my email inbox. Email is such a curse, there were days long ago where email didn't exist!

Hope everyone is having a good day, I'll be much happier at 5:30PM. ;)

Morning!

Almost getting back into a working groove, your inbox sounds like mine. I'm still clearing mine out today, it's taking forever!

Looking forward to yet another 3-day weekend coming up, gotta love the Japanese holiday system! Guess I'll catch up on laundry this weekend, got a pile of it from the holidays that didn't get washed. :eek:

BBL!

Inbox hell, that's what I like to call it. Today is my first real day back at work, yesterday was the usual first department meeting/training of the year. Secretly, I spent most of my time yesterday working some open items for this site. Most everyone was busy doing something else instead of listening to the speaker, so I didn't feel so bad.

In other news, I hope Tokyo gets some snow this year. There was a very light dusting of snow last year and I know Tokyo doesn't usually get a lot of snow but look what happened to Seoul!

Evening from NYC. Just returned from a long night at work. Not exactly what I was aiming for this week.

I guess voice mail in Japan isn't as popular as it is in America. First day back and I was nailed down with voice mail and inbox hell. Leaving messages in my voice mail on 12/24 wasn't a smart idea, did this person really expect a return call quickly? Hope not!

2010 - just sounds funny saying it.

Good Friday morning all! It has been one long, short week! I am ready for a nice 3-day weekend. The bf and I finally have carved out some time tonight for our original dinner plans from the New Year. Then, this weekend we’re going to a spa for a few hours! It is shaping up to be a good weekend, might even get some shopping in! I also got some new furniture in yesterday, which I have bribed the bf to help put together on Saturday. :)

Have a good day everyone, wherever you may be!
<3

I guess voice mail in Japan isn't as popular as it is in America. First day back and I was nailed down with voice mail and inbox hell. Leaving messages in my voice mail on 12/24 wasn't a smart idea, did this person really expect a return call quickly? Hope not!

I don't know of many people that actually voice mail on a regular basis. My company issues everyone a cell phone that has a voice mail service but I don't think I even know my password anymore. It's all email unless my assistant handles a telephone call at the office and then that's very rarely written on paper. Remember the days of having those telephone message pads?

Email and cell phone email are the key communication tools used here. One of my client companies do utilize instant messaging and Microsoft's "Live Meeting". There was a short time where one of our managers wanted to give everyone web cams and use net meeting for people who were out of the office at various locations. That lasted maybe 1 week! lol.

Now, at the end of the day I've learned to turn off my company cell phone or leave it at work. My Japanese coworkers take calls around the clock and on the weekends; the usual over-working, loyalist attitudes I guess account for that. If there's something really important that comes up, they know how to reach me during the off-hours. :p

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.