Guest viewing is limited

Mountain Day and Obon Holidays

Shagwell

TAG Member
Reaction score
I am considering visiting Japan for 5 days starting next Wednesday. However, I found out that next Firday is Mountain Day (山の日) and Obon Holidays(お盆休み) start from Sunday the 13th (to 16th), which will be a (very) long weekend.

SInce I have never visited Japan during Obonyasumi, I have no idea whether (and how many) restaurants, stores and P4P shops will be closed.

I know it will be case by case depending on each shop's decision. But do you think the number of available girls will dwindle during the holidays?

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Chain restaurants and stores should mostly be open. Some independent ones may be closed.

P4P - On the contrary, I'd expect soaplands to be busier than usual, which kind of reduces their willingness to deal with foreigners if they have tons of Japanese clients lining up. Japanese people don't get a lot of days off so weekends and holidays are always busy at the P4P joints. Might not be the best timing to try to score a walk-in.

P4P scene definitely gets busier than usual during big holiday season.
A lot of shop actually give girls extra bonus when they agree to work during holidays.
If you would like to see a certain girl, it is probably better to book her in advance.

There's an uptick in the number of Japanese salarymen frequenting P4P establishments during major holidays. That's the main issue, not so much shop closures or lack of girls working. As others have suggested, best you plan ahead and have some backup options in mind for if your plans fall through.

As for regular businesses, you may experience some closures. Not sure if it's enough to cause a serious impact to your trip. If there are particular sights or venues you want to see, I'd recommend checking to make sure they are open on those days and make reservations if possible.

From talking to a few providers, holiday periods can be a mixed bag.
For the establishments, some girls choose to take holidays during that time, so reduced number of choices.
For customers, holiday periods are usually 家族サービス time (spending time with the family) for Japanese salarymen with families. Of course, there are still the single salarymen whom it can be argued to have more in number than married salarymen but are more cheap/stingy in spending for P4P.

Of course, there are still the single salarymen whom it can be argued to have more in number than married salarymen but are more cheap/stingy in spending for P4P.

You think so? I would guess the other way around, at least the single ones get to decide what to do with their whole salary instead what to do with their daily allowance from the wife.

You think so? I would guess the other way around, at least the single ones get to decide what to do with their whole salary instead what to do with their daily allowance from the wife.
Yeah, as I said, it is arguable whether single salarymen are more cheap/stingy or vice-versa. I just guessed they were because most single salarymen are young with relatively lower salary. Also, wife controlling the finances is not as common as in the past.

Reactions: MikeH
I am still 'considering'. But it is likely to be postponed to avoid the holidays and notorious hot and humid weather of August.
September-October is a nice period to visit most part of Japan, except in the case of a typhoon. Hokkoaido is already a bit cold.

Reactions: Shagwell

I don't know man, when I was single most of my paycheck would be spoken for the moment I got it. Wasn't until I was older, in a stable relationship (eventual married) and had a better job that I had money to P4P for real. I imagine these young salarymen can't be that much different.

Funny thing is, I'm actually still about as cheap as I used to be :D

Reactions: iamyuu and MikeH
Some girls go back to their families during obon, especially country girls. And the amound of clients increases on holidays like everyone said.
So not the best time to make a cheap deal, but dont worry about all p4p options being closed.

Reactions: Lukes