My friend noticed the exact microaggressions I have posted about on here

Nope, my friend noticed the microaggressions too, so it isn't just in my head. It isn't just in our heads, etc. There are at least a half a dozen foreigners I know that 100% agree with me on this subject being a legit thing and have personally experienced these things countless times living here in Japan.

I actually noticed that a lot of people here sneeze or cough without covering their mouth . Is that due to the fact that they usually wear masks and not used to having to cover? I was taught to cover my mouth with the inside of my arm growing up.
I had to politely ask someone to cover up the other day.

It's not in your head op, just some people notice things differently.

Can someone please get Arudou Debito to start blogging again? I think there's someone missing the comments section.

OK, I admit there was a point 20 odd years ago when I noticed persons of the oji-san persuasion hawking and spitting in my presence, but some careful observation led me to the conclusion that persons of the oji-san persuasion hawk and spit regardless of who is in their presence.

Some simple-minded gaijin from small town USA (like TJB and his friend) tend to think they are seeing more bad behavior in Japan than they see at home. What these simpletons fail to account for is that they are seeing much more behavior of all kinds. This is because, living here, they encounter many, many more people on a daily basis than they did at home. This is due to the high population density in urban areas, particularly in public spaces and on public transportation. News Flash: There are just as many openly racist or othewise offensive people at home in Peoria, Illinois as there are here. They are just spread more thinly so you dont encounter them as often. They are mostly riding around in 1972 Chevrolet Vegas. Gaijin from NYC dont complain about spitters or coughers.

TJB, if there is anything else you would like me to explain to you, please ask. I will do my best to simplify it down to a level that your tortured mind might be able to understand.

If it didn't occur to me AT ALL, then I probably wouldn't have referred to it as a potential microaggression
I guess you didn't really read well or you were just assuming the worst from me.

I read your words just fine (even at my advanced age and poor vision):oldman:. You also wrote:

It could easily be a coincidence that of all the parts of the wall to have a tear going on...it is right in the face of the Caucasian gentleman in the nice suit. Looking closely at his eyes, there is a good chance that he could be a Japanese man wearing western style clothes, but if someone did rip part of his face off, that would mean he is anti-foreign culture in general. It looks like the man with the mustache and the other man with the boots and cane are Japanese. The Japanese people wearing the Japanese style clothing and the Chinese man wearing the Chinese style clothing look totally fine.

When I first looked at the picture, all of them appeared to be Japanese to me. If anyone looked even remotely Caucasian to me it would probably be the guy walking in from frame right whose face was not scratched. You were the one to make the assumption the scratched out face was Caucasian. And how is it "anti-foreign culture" when the other people in western outfits (like the people in on the left and in the background) are unaffected? :rolleyes:

How is pointing out about the wall bitching? I clearly mentioned in my post that my friend and I were laughing about the wall because it is hilarious.

The weird sexual stuff you are trying to tie into this is just something projecting from within you.

My apologies - in retrospect, "bitching" was a poor choice of a word. My bad.(hard to type when laughing) ;). I also should not have used the word "bloody" as well as I did not realize it was British slang (also just learned today what "Trump" means in British slang :LOL:). No disrespect intended.:D

Regarding the sexual stuff, I wasn't trying to tie in anything. I didn't have to. :)
You were the one who actually to the time to take the picture. You were the one to post it and you were the one to enlighten all of us with your detailed analysis of it.
Since you posted it on a forum which primarily deals with sexual matters, I naturally assumed you were sharing your sexual fetishes with all of us. That's cool. :)
There's nothing to be ashamed of TJB, we're all adults here (well most of us anyway :D) and I never said it was weird at all (you did ;)).
Some people like MILFs, some like spinners, others like pegging or shaved pussy.
Yours appears to be pointing out "potential microaggressions" towards foreigners in Japan. No need to hide it, if it gets you off then hey, more power to ya! (y)
It obviously gave you and your friend pleasure, didn't it? :)

The Shizuoka people would feel the same as you when they visit Tokyo and see how Tokyoites behave...I think you are already quite a Japanese. :)

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
I actually noticed that a lot of people here sneeze or cough without covering their mouth . Is that due to the fact that they usually wear masks and not used to having to cover? I was taught to cover my mouth with the inside of my arm growing up.
I had to politely ask someone to cover up the other day.

It's not in your head op, just some people notice things differently.

Yes, the Japanese people aren't raised to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze and they are usually wearing masks so they usually don't need to cover their mouths.

Maybe the younger Japanese people will pick up this cultural habit as more and more westerners start to live here.

I read your words just fine (even at my advanced age and poor vision):oldman:. You also wrote:

When I first looked at the picture, all of them appeared to be Japanese to me. If anyone looked even remotely Caucasian to me it would probably be the guy walking in from frame right whose face was not scratched. You were the one to make the assumption the scratched out face was Caucasian. And how is it "anti-foreign culture" when the other people in western outfits (like the people in on the left and in the background) are unaffected? :rolleyes:

My apologies - in retrospect, "bitching" was a poor choice of a word. My bad.(hard to type when laughing) ;). I also should not have used the word "bloody" as well as I did not realize it was British slang (also just learned today what "Trump" means in British slang :LOL:). No disrespect intended.:D

Regarding the sexual stuff, I wasn't trying to tie in anything. I didn't have to. :)
You were the one who actually to the time to take the picture. You were the one to post it and you were the one to enlighten all of us with your detailed analysis of it.
Since you posted it on a forum which primarily deals with sexual matters, I naturally assumed you were sharing your sexual fetishes with all of us. That's cool. :)
There's nothing to be ashamed of TJB, we're all adults here (well most of us anyway :D) and I never said it was weird at all (you did ;)).
Some people like MILFs, some like spinners, others like pegging or shaved pussy.
Yours appears to be pointing out "potential microaggressions" towards foreigners in Japan. No need to hide it, if it gets you off then hey, more power to ya! (y)
It obviously gave you and your friend pleasure, didn't it? :)

I bang all types of women. Just like you, women are what get me off.

Some simple-minded gaijin from small town USA (like TJB and his friend) tend to think they are seeing more bad behavior in Japan than they see at home. What these simpletons fail to account for is that they are seeing much more behavior of all kinds. This is because, living here, they encounter many, many more people on a daily basis than they did at home. This is due to the high population density in urban areas, particularly in public spaces and on public transportation. News Flash: There are just as many openly racist or othewise offensive people at home in Peoria, Illinois as there are here. They are just spread more thinly so you dont encounter them as often. They are mostly riding around in 1972 Chevrolet Vegas. Gaijin from NYC dont complain about spitters or coughers.

TJB, if there is anything else you would like me to explain to you, please ask. I will do my best to simplify it down to a level that your tortured mind might be able to understand.

Ok, so from your post it is crystal clear you have the mind of a brainwashed 13 year old Antifa member with issues of white guilt.

Actually, of all the races in the world, Caucasians are the least involved in identity politics and care the least about the importance of their race in relation to their lives. So, non-Caucasian races are way more racist on average than Caucasians, but your Antifa brain just thinks all Caucasian males are literally Hitler if they aren't liberal yes?

You ascribed the whole of racism with small town white America. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being from a small town where most people are good, moral and self-reliant people.

Everyone hates on the farmers and without them, all the cityfolk wouldn't have anything to eat lol.

I don't need your miserable, alcoholic ass explaining anything to me. It is shocking that you consider yourself a wise man.

Reactions: warubuta
@TokyoJoeblow Dude, just get out of Japan. You are definitely just trying to pick out things to hate about the Japanese. I’m a Japanese American and blend right in, but notice the same things as you. It’s a different culture with different customs. There are many quirks about the Japanese that I might find strange and even rude sometimes, but to Japanese it is normal everyday life. Get used to it or just get out.

Reactions: outtatime
Ok, so from your post it is crystal clear you have the mind of a brainwashed 13 year old Antifa member with issues of white guilt.

Actually, of all the races in the world, Caucasians are the least involved in identity politics and care the least about the importance of their race in relation to their lives. So, non-Caucasian races are way more racist on average than Caucasians, but your Antifa brain just thinks all Caucasian males are literally Hitler if they aren't liberal yes?

You ascribed the whole of racism with small town white America. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being from a small town where most people are good, moral and self-reliant people.

Everyone hates on the farmers and without them, all the cityfolk wouldn't have anything to eat lol.

I don't need your miserable, alcoholic ass explaining anything to me. It is shocking that you consider yourself a wise man.
What? Ok. I agree with everything you say including the alcoholic part. Except the part about white guilt. But I still think you and your friend are big pussies!

This quote has really served me well in life:

985ACE46-D3CF-4501-8060-F7D3E1AE2688.jpeg

What? Ok. I agree with everything you say including the alcoholic part. Except the part about white guilt. But I still think you and your friend are big pussies!
Da Buta is back ! Where were you all this time? :)

The balance on my pasmo card dropped to 100 yen recently. As a result I was stopped by the ticket barrier, and held up the young guy immediately behind me by a moment. (It really was only a moment because I anticipated that the barrier might shut me out and I was quick to step aside). The guy muttered angrily and made a big show of slamming his card on the reader and stomping through the wicket. I took this as a form of aggression directed at me. It struck me as highly unusual for japan, where the level of tension between people is much lower than where I come from. Would the guy have acted the same way if I had been an elderly Japanese lady or a salaryman in a smart suit? My guess is that he would have treated such people with more respect than he gave me.
So ... I guess asshole aggressive behavior does sometimes happen and you’re more likely to encounter a certain type of asshole as a gaijin than as a Japanese person.
But coughing as an act of micro aggression? I’m with the Buta. It’s just a fact of life in the crowded urban environments where people walk rather than driving - Some people are going to cough near you. It’s also true that the US has put a lot of effort into teaching people to cough into their sleeves, whereas Japan is still kind of behind the times in that respect. (On the other hand, Japan is far ahead of the US in regards to providing washlets in restrooms). That’s just different countries developing at different paces.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
Speculation will almost certainly be more interesting than the truth.
Where was the Buta? This can be like a Jorge Luis Borges novel with many different plots and endings all happening at once.

A. The Buta was in the mountains of Nagano where he did a one month fast and detox retreat that consisted of yoga three times a day, grapefruit juice colon cleansing, chanting verses of the Upanishads and watching videos of Russel Brand talking about cosmic spirituality. No cell connection, he couldnt post.
B. The Buta was in Bangkok where he stayed at the Nana Hotel and never went anywhere except at around 8:30 every evening when he went across the street to the Nana Plaza to procure little brown fucking machines, sometimes two at a time. During the day he gorged himself on burgers and Pad Thai at the hotel pool bar and he was drinking Kloster beer except when he was sleeping. He was too busy fucking or too drunk to post.
C. The Buta was in Tokyo, but he did not read or post on Tagged because he....fill in the blank.

Where was the Buta? This can be like a Jorge Luis Borges novel with many different plots and endings all happening at once.

A. The Buta was in the mountains of Nagano where he did a one month fast and detox retreat that consisted of yoga three times a day, grapefruit juice colon cleansing, chanting verses of the Upanishads and watching videos of Russel Brand talking about cosmic spirituality. No cell connection, he couldnt post.
B. The Buta was in Bangkok where he stayed at the Nana Hotel and never went anywhere except at around 8:30 every evening when he went across the street to the Nana Plaza to procure little brown fucking machines, sometimes two at a time. During the day he gorged himself on burgers and Pad Thai at the hotel pool bar and he was drinking Kloster beer except when he was sleeping. He was too busy fucking or too drunk to post.
C. The Buta was in Tokyo, but he did not read or post on Tagged because he....fill in the blank.
... fell on hard times, couldn’t pay the phone bills, not even go to an internet café
Then he finally enrolled in free IT courses for seniors where he can finally access TAG while pretending to learn how to code in python . Or more likely Cobol
(Hey what did you expect ? :D)

Yes, the Japanese people aren't raised to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze and they are usually wearing masks so they usually don't need to cover their mouths.

Maybe the younger Japanese people will pick up this cultural habit as more and more westerners start to live here.
Yea they will pick up that habit at the same time your relatives in Pioria stop picking their noses and eating the proceeds at stop lights when they are sitting in their 1972 Chevy Vega and they are too stupid to understand that even though they are alone in their pathetic car, the whole fucking world can see them! Hope springs fucking Eternal.

Last edited: