My friend noticed the exact microaggressions I have posted about on here

The balance on my pasmo card dropped to 100 yen recently. As a result I was stopped by the ticket barrier, and held up the young guy immediately behind me by a moment. (It really was only a moment because I anticipated that the barrier might shut me out and I was quick to step aside). The guy muttered angrily and made a big show of slamming his card on the reader and stomping through the wicket. I took this as a form of aggression directed at me. It struck me as highly unusual for japan, where the level of tension between people is much lower than where I come from. Would the guy have acted the same way if I had been an elderly Japanese lady or a salaryman in a smart suit? My guess is that he would have treated such people with more respect than he gave me.
So ... I guess asshole aggressive behavior does sometimes happen and you’re more likely to encounter a certain type of asshole as a gaijin than as a Japanese person.

A while back I was going through the ticket barrier at my local station when the young lady (best characterised as "dipsy gyaru") two people in front had a "BING BONG NOT ENOUGH MOOLAH ON UR CARD" moment, happens to everyone, unfortunately this was enough for the pint-size ojisan behind her to flip out and attempt what I can only describe as a chuhai-powered pint-sized karate kick followed by a pint-sized ojisan flipout rant. (I don't think any actual damage occurred but dipsy gyaru's boyfriend took pint-sized ojisan to task and they were still going at it outside the local koban when I passed by a little later, so as a good non-citizen I chimed in and gave my version of events which led to pint-sized ojisan being forced to apologize and everyone went on their way).

unfortunately this was enough for the pint-size ojisan behind her to flip out and attempt what I can only describe as a chuhai-powered pint-sized karate kick followed by a pint-sized ojisan flipout rant. (I don't think any actual damage occurred but dipsy gyaru's boyfriend took pint-sized ojisan to task and they were still going at it outside the local koban when I passed by a little later, so as a good non-citizen I chimed in and gave my version of events which led to pint-sized ojisan being forced to apologize and everyone went on their way).
Happens all the fucking time, people flip out all the time at whoever it is at the gate with IC card issues... especially during the rush in the mornings.
People just go ape shit when someone's card errors out - and half the problem is that the person with the error just stands there not realizing they have to back out of the gate to let it reset to try the card again or get the hell out of the line and fix the damn card or whatever. I get a little irritated when they just stand there slamming their card against a red senor which is telling you that you need to backup and try again or charge your damn card. NOT SLAM IT ON THE MACHINE repeatedly, thinking that will help or make it work somehow.

I'm sure i've coughed and smirked at TJB when he was in front of me at the gate at some point. That dirty gaijin.

:yawn:

Now you mention it, I had to travel on the trains twice in the past two weeks (for the first time since like forever, the horror) at morning commute time and was pleasantly surprised to see that no-one actually ran amok with a sharp pointy object.

Now you mention it, I had to travel on the trains twice in the past two weeks (for the first time since like forever, the horror) at morning commute time and was pleasantly surprised to see that no-one actually ran amok with a sharp pointy object.

That is only because I was in a different train.

I had to travel once in the morning commute time last week and it was enough to make me swear I will move to mountains if that ever happens again.

Reactions: DireWolf98
half the problem is that the person with the error just stands there not realizing they have to back out of the gate to let it reset to try the card

And to be fair, the other half of the problem is when the person behind you is so far up your ass that you can't back out without getting into a deep and meaningful relationship....

Then he finally enrolled in free IT courses for seniors where he can finally access TAG while pretending to learn how to code in python . Or more likely Cobol

Ugh, COBOL. I wouldn't wish a COBOL course on my worst enemy.

It was the lab portion of the compulsory Intro to Business course at university. The professor agreed with all of us that making us learn COBOL in the winter (i.e. Jan.-Apr.) 2000 term was pointless, so he made the lab worth 5% of our final grade. I don't think most of us even showed up for the labs (I wouldn't know, because I wasn't there either), or turned in our final projects.

Now you mention it, I had to travel on the trains twice in the past two weeks (for the first time since like forever, the horror) at morning commute time

I had to travel once in the morning commute time last week and it was enough to make me swear I will move to mountains if that ever happens again.

ooooh poor darlings... shall we all commiserate by hugging together and petitioning the government for a safe zone in the morning trains just for you... :D

ooooh poor darlings... shall we all commiserate by hugging together and petitioning the government for a safe zone in the morning trains just for you... :D

You nailed it Frenchy! But its not snowflakes who are complaining, its boomers: 40-50 something white male losers who failed in NYC, London, or wherever and have have now been here for over 20 years. They have been unjustly exploiting the system for Gaijin Privelege in most aspects, but they still have to endure the public transport system Just Like Everybody Else. And when some poor soul even slightly disrupts their zombie trudge from their 85sq m apartment on the Odakyu line to their 7m cubicle in Akasaka-mitsuke, they get their girdles all twisted. What a bunch of fucking losers.

You nailed it Frenchy! But its not snowflakes who are complaining, its boomers: 40-50 something white male losers who failed in NYC, London, or wherever and have have now been here for over 20 years. They have been unjustly exploiting the system for Gaijin Privelege in most aspects, but they still have to endure the public transport system Just Like Everybody Else. And when some poor soul even slightly disrupts their zombie trudge from their 85sq m apartment on the Odakyu line to their 7m cubicle in Akasaka-mitsuke, they get their girdles all twisted. What a bunch of fucking losers.

wow! Hey I have the feeling you need to get your rocks off buta-san! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: warubuta

I feel that was a very unjust message. As I have always exploited my God given Gaijin Privileges very justly. And I would never live in an apartment, especially not in Odakyu-line.

Not using morning trains is my gift to the local community. One less smelly gaijin for them to tolerate and to get angry about. I consider I am one of the good foreigners; many people complain foreigners come here to steal their jobs and women. I would never steal their jobs, I happily let them do all the work. And with women it's not stealing either as I am always happy to return them after the hotel visit.

boomers: 40-50 something

That would be Gen Xers... the youngest boomers are 54-55 now.

Generally accepted:
1946-1964 = Boomer
1965-1980 = Gen X
1981-1996 = Millennials/Gen Y
1997-now = Gen Z/iGen/Centennials

Generally accepted:
1946-1964 = Boomer
1965-1980 = Gen X

do you think that after GenZ it will go back to the beginning of alphabet ?
Or we will all be dead by then due to climate change or Kim Jung Il or a new plague, whatever, so they’re the last gen anyway...

Reactions: DireWolf98

Generally accepted:
1946-1964 = Boomer
1965-1980 = Gen X

That is the global standard. In Japan, many Gen X white gaijins behave like Boomers. Because they are slow retards. They are generally 5 to 10 years behind on just about everything. They have come to Japan and turned their brains down to sho-ene mode.

Again. Why the personal attacks? Let me browse TAG and waste away my days in various boxes / cubicles in peace.

That is the global standard. In Japan, many Gen X white gaijins behave like Boomers. Because they are slow retards. They are generally 5 to 10 years behind on just about everything. They have come to Japan and turned their brains down to sho-ene mode.
Well mainly because they still enjoyed high growth when Europe and the US started to have difficulties. But they had a tough wake-up in the 90s.

Last edited:

Err yeah, like the good Mikey, I belong to that group of self-sacrificing people more than happy to contribute to reducing morning crowding levels, to the extent I only put on trousers to open the door to the takkyubin person most days. The odd trip out at commuter hell times helps remind me of the validity of my lifestyle choice.

Though as you mention it, there was an unfortunate but brief period before adapting current trousers-off lifestyle where I commuted to within walking distance of the Akasaka-Mitsuke branch of Hooters. No cubicles involved though, sounds like a foreign luxury.

I belong to that group of self-sacrificing people more than happy to contribute to reducing morning crowding levels

The world needs more unselfish people like you. Me, I am more lazy and last week didn't even put my pants on when opening the door for the delivery. So while I signed the parcel everyone around got to admire my naked upper body with all my muscles shining in the midday sunlight and just a small towel saving my modesty.

Unfortunately the "everyone around" consisted of exactly one fat sweaty smelly guy so for me it was like staring in the mirror; except for the fact he had all his clothes on.

Err yeah, like the good Mikey, I belong to that group of self-sacrificing people more than happy to contribute to reducing morning crowding levels, to the extent I only put on trousers to open the door to the takkyubin person most days. The odd trip out at commuter hell times helps remind me of the validity of my lifestyle choice.

Though as you mention it, there was an unfortunate but brief period before adapting current trousers-off lifestyle where I commuted to within walking distance of the Akasaka-Mitsuke branch of Hooters. No cubicles involved though, sounds like a foreign luxury.
I think that Hooters is closed now. Strike another match go start anew....

The company that runs the business in Japan filed for bankruptcy this spring, but the shops are still open.
I read about that awhile back... but I still saw some locations keeping busy.