My friend noticed the exact microaggressions I have posted about on here

AFAIK all Tokyo Hooters are still running.
Think Fukuoka closed after they filed, but I've been to all four in Tokyo in the last month or so, thanks to the Rugby WC

Speaking of micro aggression, I notice the girls working at hooters always arch their backs to make their boobies look bigger. It's obviously an effort to dominate the space.
My friends notice the same thing.

I wish you and your friend the strength and courage to go through these hard and difficult times.

I wish you and your friend the strength and courage to go through these hard and difficult times.
We'll struggle on...
And don't get me started on the loud screams from everyone working there as you walk in the door. "Welcome to Hooters", I know they really mean "another dried up shell of a man trying to recover his youth".

Guys, ‘microaggressions’??? Seriously? I come on here to get away from that bullshit.

Just because some permanently offended SJWs use that term, it doesnt mean it needs to be used by balanced people that have live outside academia or government.

Im sure there are some racist old guys out there TJB, please either ignore them or confront them. Dont bitch about it with your freinds or whine on message boards.

Now please go drink a beer, eat some meat and get laid. Any order is acceptable.
@Durg50 - I just stumbled across this post as I was catching up on my reading. I am in total agreement. At first, I thought that this was a joke.

@TokyoJoeblow - arm wrestle some Marines, drink several beers, eat some Red Meat, pick up a 下町ギャル and bang her brains out.

@TokyoJoeblow Dude, just get out of Japan. You are definitely just trying to pick out things to hate about the Japanese. I’m a Japanese American and blend right in, but notice the same things as you. It’s a different culture with different customs. There are many quirks about the Japanese that I might find strange and even rude sometimes, but to Japanese it is normal everyday life. Get used to it or just get out.

I love how you at least agree that the behaviors I'm noticing are a real thing and it isn't just paranoia. One of my best friends is a Japanese American like you and he also notices a lot of the strange behaviors towards me every time he visits me here in Japan and we are hanging out lol.

What? Ok. I agree with everything you say including the alcoholic part. Except the part about white guilt. But I still think you and your friend are big pussies!

We were laughing at the microaggressions not whining like everyone seems to think. You are projecting about the pussy thing.

The balance on my pasmo card dropped to 100 yen recently. As a result I was stopped by the ticket barrier, and held up the young guy immediately behind me by a moment. (It really was only a moment because I anticipated that the barrier might shut me out and I was quick to step aside). The guy muttered angrily and made a big show of slamming his card on the reader and stomping through the wicket. I took this as a form of aggression directed at me. It struck me as highly unusual for japan, where the level of tension between people is much lower than where I come from. Would the guy have acted the same way if I had been an elderly Japanese lady or a salaryman in a smart suit? My guess is that he would have treated such people with more respect than he gave me.
So ... I guess asshole aggressive behavior does sometimes happen and you’re more likely to encounter a certain type of asshole as a gaijin than as a Japanese person.
But coughing as an act of micro aggression? I’m with the Buta. It’s just a fact of life in the crowded urban environments where people walk rather than driving - Some people are going to cough near you. It’s also true that the US has put a lot of effort into teaching people to cough into their sleeves, whereas Japan is still kind of behind the times in that respect. (On the other hand, Japan is far ahead of the US in regards to providing washlets in restrooms). That’s just different countries developing at different paces.

I have experienced that type of situation at the ticket barriers many times. I just intentionally go really slow to fuck with them. Sometimes I turn around and tell them to shut the fuck up.

Happens all the fucking time, people flip out all the time at whoever it is at the gate with IC card issues... especially during the rush in the mornings.
People just go ape shit when someone's card errors out - and half the problem is that the person with the error just stands there not realizing they have to back out of the gate to let it reset to try the card again or get the hell out of the line and fix the damn card or whatever. I get a little irritated when they just stand there slamming their card against a red senor which is telling you that you need to backup and try again or charge your damn card. NOT SLAM IT ON THE MACHINE repeatedly, thinking that will help or make it work somehow.

I'm sure i've coughed and smirked at TJB when he was in front of me at the gate at some point. That dirty gaijin.

:yawn:

No, if you were looking at what seems like a dirty gaijin...I assure you that was Warubuta.

I love how you at least agree that the behaviors I'm noticing are a real thing and it isn't just paranoia. One of my best friends is a Japanese American like you and he also notices a lot of the strange behaviors towards me every time he visits me here in Japan and we are hanging out lol

I’m not agreeing with you. The same behaviors happen when foreign looking people are not around. It’s part of the culture and not any micro aggression.

I’m not agreeing with you. The same behaviors happen when foreign looking people are not around. It’s part of the culture and not any micro aggression.

So you are saying Japanese people do this weird fake coughing, spitting on the ground near peoples' feet, suck at their teeth, etc at other Japanese people too?

If so, why? Why is this dumb shit part of the culture?

Happens all the fucking time, people flip out all the time at whoever it is at the gate with IC card issues... especially during the rush in the mornings.
People just go ape shit when someone's card errors out - and half the problem is that the person with the error just stands there not realizing they have to back out of the gate to let it reset to try the card again or get the hell out of the line and fix the damn card or whatever. I get a little irritated when they just stand there slamming their card against a red senor which is telling you that you need to backup and try again or charge your damn card. NOT SLAM IT ON THE MACHINE repeatedly, thinking that will help or make it work somehow.

I'm sure i've coughed and smirked at TJB when he was in front of me at the gate at some point. That dirty gaijin.

:yawn:
On the other hand, it irritates me when I'm that person which can't go through or reverse because the person behind me doesn't move fast enough but would rather make a sighing sound or something other prior to actually thinking about reversing their ass. I'm getting to the point where I need to say in English "Move!"

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow