Guest viewing is limited

Need Massage Therapy

Optimist

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm here in Tokyo for the next six months, maybe longer. I'm staying near Nerima station. I was seeing a chiropractor back in the U.S., but don't have a job (yet... ) so I have no insurance (are massage or chiropractic covered under the national plan?) What I do have is loads of neck and shoulder pain to deal with. I need a regular massage that can either speak English or will just feel the knots in my shoulders, nod, and get down to business. Any suggestions?

I have no idea about proper medical and sports type massage places but there is wide variety of massage here. Some are therapeutic, others relaxing, others add on various sexual services.

Thai and Chinese massage shops have sprung up all over the place. Based on the price and how sexy the girls are portrayed you can have a pretty good idea of whether it is therapeutic or more fun orientated. The therapeutic massage places are 2,000 to 3,000 yen for an hour or ninety minutes.

This is completely unregulated so it's hit or miss. I have a problem with shoulders that I get taken care of regularly and have a lady I see. But I've had many misses, even pointing out my problem they don't seem to help.

Asian Feeling in Kabukicho gives a happy ending and is about 10,000 yen or more.

Yeah, I think unfortunately if you require English, you may need to go to one of the foreigner friendly Thai places and hope for the best. They often give pretty decent massages, although I doubt they have a lot of therapeutic training...

I'm here in Tokyo for the next six months, maybe longer. I'm staying near Nerima station. I was seeing a chiropractor back in the U.S., but don't have a job (yet... ) so I have no insurance (are massage or chiropractic covered under the national plan?) What I do have is loads of neck and shoulder pain to deal with. I need a regular massage that can either speak English or will just feel the knots in my shoulders, nod, and get down to business. Any suggestions?
I could recomend in London

I have tried a few massage therapies in Tokyo and I can very well say that Essence Kay is the best, Kay understands what your body needs and provides the right and effective treatment for you. I always come out feeling refreshed and relaxed and my body feels lighter. Communication is likewise no issue as she can converse in English, which is another plus for a foreigner like me. Her treatment place is kept very well and I like the fact that she only takes one customer at a time which makes her service more personalized.

From Shinjuku Station take the Toei Oedo Line for Azabu Juban Station. (11 min, 210 Yen)

From Tokyo Station take the JR Keihin Tohoku Line for Hamamatsucho/Daimon Station and transfer to the Toei Oedo Line for Azabu Juban Station. (16 min, 320 Yen)

if you are looking for a good massage ONLY... you can try Raffine.
http://www.bodywork.co.jp/brand/raffine/

They are expensive but their service is good. I use their leg massage service after I have to walk a lot.

I am not sure about Tokyo. but the shop i used to visit had english docs that is helpful to communicate.