Netflix 2018

Reactions: Manny and meiji
Interesting!
Also, I remember Alley Mcbeal show was around the similar period, or little later? It's one of my favourite US dramas!

Ally McBeal was late 90s to early 2000s, so a little later. It was popular when it started out but went down hill after all the cast changes they started to make. Even Robert Downey Jr. was on the show briefly but then fired for drug use.

Reactions: Yuriko
I prefer Seinfeld without the laugh track.

Anyway, am now watching black mirror instead of doing my take-home work.

Reactions: Yuriko
I also enjoyed Longmire.

Yes, sir.
LONGMIRE was a superb, but highly underrated, neo-western crime drama series from the A&E channel that was based on novels from US author Craig Johnson. This show’s last season, which ended in November, was picked up by Netflix.
It came out about 2012, two seasons after the absolutely excellent FX channel crime drama series JUSTIFIED, which was based on a short story by the late great Elmore Leonard.
Regular eye candy in LONGMIRE was actress Katee Sackhoff. In JUSTIFIED, that was actress Joelle Carter.
I will probably binge-watch one of these shows next weekend.

Reactions: DireWolf98
USS callister episode of black mirror was awesome. Would be cool keeping concious captives inside my little own digital playground. like playing SIMS on steroids.
Yeah, maybe I'm a little fucked in the head.

Reactions: MissInsomnia
Who has a contender to the Holy Trinity of Sopranos, House of Cards and Breaking Bad? There have been a lot of great ones but these three are in a different class IMO.

Yes, sir.
LONGMIRE was a superb, but highly underrated, neo-western crime drama series from the A&E channel that was based on novels from US author Craig Johnson. This show’s last season, which ended in November, was picked up by Netflix.
It came out about 2012, two seasons after the absolutely excellent FX channel crime drama series JUSTIFIED, which was based on a short story by the late great Elmore Leonard.
Regular eye candy in LONGMIRE was actress Katee Sackhoff. In JUSTIFIED, that was actress Joelle Carter.
I will probably binge-watch one of these shows next weekend.
Will jave to check out Justified.

Reactions: Majestyk
I also consider The Wire in the same class as them. Unfortunately these HBO greats arent likely to appear on Netflix any time soon.

If you are looking for top three I would definitely include Wire and drop House of Cards out. I think it went downhill fast after the first season.

There have plenty of outstanding shows over the past 20 years.
The Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad are right there on the pantheon. Top of the heap. A-number-one.
At present, Game of Thrones may be poised to reach that same lofty level.

I agree with MikeH that the US version of House of Cards had that one excellent season.
A lot of other shows are like that. I watch the first, second or third season, and then lose interest for various reasons.
Examples include Dexter, True Blood, Six Feet Under, Mad Men, True Detective,The Shield, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Ray Donovan, The Affair, Oz, Alias, Lost, Strike Back, The Walking Dead and House, M.D.

Some shows IMO got cancelled too soon, like Banshee and Deadwood.

Who has a contender to the Holy Trinity of Sopranos, House of Cards and Breaking Bad? There have been a lot of great ones but these three are in a different class IMO.

Game of Thrones. HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES!

was watching the returned and I wonder how many time they needed to shoot the scene of Helen opening a padlock for them to keep the one where it was already open before she touches it :D
returned9fel.jpg

Reactions: MikeH
I’m currently watching “An Idiot Abroad” and loves it. I can empathize with the title . Also it’s British and I love watching Brits in silly situations of their own making :)

Reactions: Lars Lust
La Casa de Papel

They've just changed the English title in netflix to "Money Heist"

Just saw my first episode of Black Mirror - USS Callister :vulcan:
Thanks to this thread, I now have yet another show I'll have to catch up on. :LOL:

Constantine

That was a heartbreaker - I think it would have done better on cable, but it was sadly a bit too much for network television in the USA. They really did a great job of sticking with canon, unlike the movie, and they would have had material for years and years of production.

@Sudsy The story gets worse they added Constitine to the show Legends of Tomorrow. A show about Time Travel.