Netflix 2018

That was a heartbreaker - I think it would have done better on cable, but it was sadly a bit too much for network television in the USA. They really did a great job of sticking with canon, unlike the movie, and they would have had material for years and years of production.

What is this cable/network distinction in the US? Is it that cable can do more risqué
programming and if so why? Kids cannot watch cable?

What is this cable/network distinction in the US? Is it that cable can do more risqué
programming and if so why? Kids cannot watch cable?

Public broadcast is fairly tightly regulated because everyone can receive it.

Cable is less regulated because only people who choose to subscribe can receive the programming, and are personally responsible for what makes it through to their kids.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Public broadcast is fairly tightly regulated because everyone can receive it.

Cable is less regulated because only people who choose to subscribe can receive the programming, and are personally responsible for what makes it through to their kids.

Make sense, thanks!

I think the new season of Homeland is also out on Netflix.
Has anyone else ever thought the main actress in this bears some resemblance to @User#8628 ?

This is a very American sounding comment...but I hate that some shows like this are available in different countries but not the US.. For Homeland, I can understand why....Showtime needs their money..
but from what I have heard.. the latest season of Better Call Saul was available in other countries before the US... I don't know why that would be the case...

I really wish I could see other countries libraries like Japan..Netflix did a good job in preventing you from us a VPN to disguise your location too!

Saw some of that on You Tube. Also just enjoyed Festival Train on Netflix. It has some rare footage of the player who owned the guitar that is your avatar.
Festival Train has some awesome footage of The Grateful Dead, especially of Pig Pen. Of course I like the footage of Uncle Jerry too.

Reactions: warubuta
Great info here, don't have much to add.

I did enjoy Altered Carbon, a slow starter though.
Just started Legion and currently watching a lot of what's already been listed.

Nobody is using other streaming services?

Reactions: monalisaoverdrive
Altered Carbon was fantastic. I binge watched that earlier this week. Dirk Gently which just wrapped up season 2 is fun to watch as well.
Altered Carbon is good, nothing great besides inventive visuals and some daring narrative solution: it’s just the upteenth homage to Blade Runner.

Dirk Gently has been one of my favorite series recently, too bad it has been axed. Was it Netflix?

Altered Carbon is good, nothing great besides inventive visuals and some daring narrative solution: it’s just the upteenth homage to Blade Runner.

Dirk Gently has been one of my favorite series recently, too bad it has been axed. Was it Netflix?

It is on netflix. So they axed it after season 2?

I just got a new lgv30 phone from docomo and they gave me a free googles vr goggles. Decided to mess around with some of the apps and found Netflix vr. It's crazy because it's like you're in a huge living and the screen is like 120 inches! !

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I thought it was a netflix exclusive. Guess not. At least the finished up the story, and the last episode could be an ok ending.
Agreed, second season’s finale had a sense of closure. Series was produced by BBC America by the way.

Reactions: impish
Speaking of BBC shows on Netflix,
I recommend Happy Valley if you're into the crime/detective genre. Very Fargo-like.

Reactions: impish
Not sure if it’s on Netflix in Japan, but just watched the first episode of HUM∀NS on Amazon Prime and found it pretty intriguing. :)

Not sure if it’s on Netflix in Japan, but just watched the first episode of HUM∀NS on Amazon Prime and found it pretty intriguing. :)

That's been on Syfy in the US iirc. I've been watching it via iTunes for the last 2-3 years as seasons come out.