New member and new life in Japan.

Nostalgia2018

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Just wanted to introduce myself to the community
Moved to Tokyo a couple of months ago to start things new. I have a history in Japan, used to study here in the 90s, dated local ladies back then and had a wonderful time. Then I went back home to Canada and got married.
Things changed, got divorced 3 years ago, in and out of tough times, and decided to start over this year. I’m in my early 40s now, and wanted to see how things go these days in Japan.
I’m looking forward to learning from all of you and hope to enjoy my time here.
Thanks for reading!
Nostalgia

Hello everyone!
Moved to Tokyo a couple of months ago to start things new. I have a history in Japan, used to study here in the 90s, dated local ladies back then and had a wonderful time. Then I went back home to Canada and got married.
Things changed, got divorced 3 years ago, in and out of tough times, and decided to start over this year. I’m in my early 40s now, and wanted to see how things go these days in Japan.
Thanks for reading!
Nostalgia

Your post is certainly making me feel nostalgic. Mind if I ask what line of work you're in?

At my first McJob gig, a bunch of guys there had similar stories to yours. Did Japan in the mid-90s, got a taste for the women but ended up back home married, eventually divorced and then followed their dicks back to Japan and started all over at the same gig, ten years later and now in their late 30s or early 40s.

If you've been in-country for a couple of months now you've no doubt noticed that things are very, very different, and just being white doesn't make you a rock star any longer. Nope, the expat is no longer a celebrity as, thanks to the expansion of companies like NOVA, ECC, GEOS and the like, gaijin are dime-a-dozen and the eikaiwa salaries are reflecting that. One poor fuck I ran into last time I was in town was working for one of those outfits and his salary was actually lower than what I was making at the same company over 15 years ago.

A friend of the family (with graduate degree in education) quit her job as a public school teacher here, moved to Japan in the late 80s and got a job teaching at a private university making about 800k/month doing practically nothing. Those days are long, long gone.

Reactions: SoapFTW and MikeH
Thank you for the reply :)
I was in the film and tv industry back home, and I just got a gig here directing online content.
I’ve been here since August and have been doing ok so far, dating wise. Had one p4p experience which was alright, had sex with 2 other ladies I met online, dated 3 other ladies from various apps, and currently have many LINE contacts waiting for the first dates. It’s not looking too bad to be honest.
I have to say the reason I came back wasn’t just the ladies, although they played a big part. I always found Japan to be more colourful and exciting than Canada, plus I’m a martial artist and I feel a connection that way as well. But I do feel the change of course, and that’s ok. A boring day in Tokyo is still more eventful for me than in Canada. But maybe that’s the fresh off the boat me talking.
Anyways good to meet you all!

I was in the film and tv industry back home, and I just got a gig here directing online content.
I’ve been here since August and have been doing ok so far, dating wise. Had one p4p experience which was alright, had sex with 2 other ladies I met online, dated 3 other ladies from various apps, and currently have many LINE contacts waiting for the first dates. It’s not looking too bad to be honest.
I have to say the reason I came back wasn’t just the ladies, although they played a big part. I always found Japan to be more colourful and exciting than Canada, plus I’m a martial artist and I feel a connection that way as well. But I do feel the change of course, and that’s ok. A boring day in Tokyo is still more eventful for me than in Canada. But maybe that’s the fresh off the boat me talking.

That's awesome, congrats on not having to work in the usual expat rat-race and it sounds like you're falling back into the groove quite well! I'm not far behind you in years though I must say, I'm not sure if I could live in Japan again full-time. But then again, during my years living in the Pacific NW I used to venture up to B.C. quite a bit and I must agree, it was pretty boring. That said, girls are much prettier than the corpse-white heifers in Portland and Seattle, and the blondes and Asians up in Vancouver are definitely a breath of fresh air when you've been stuck with the garbage in downtown Beaverton for six months. If I had to move back, Tokyo would be the only place I'd live. I almost took a gig with the U.S. State Department a few years back that would've stuck me in Tokyo for a few years, but decided it wasn't a good idea. Thanks to websites like TAG and my increasingly hedonistic lifestyle leanings, I'd probably have engaged in more than enough debauchery to get my security clearance revoked and sent home.

That's awesome, congrats on not having to work in the usual expat rat-race and it sounds like you're falling back into the groove quite well! I'm not far behind you in years though I must say, I'm not sure if I could live in Japan again full-time. But then again, during my years living in the Pacific NW I used to venture up to B.C. quite a bit and I must agree, it was pretty boring. That said, girls are much prettier than the corpse-white heifers in Portland and Seattle, and the blondes and Asians up in Vancouver are definitely a breath of fresh air when you've been stuck with the garbage in downtown Beaverton for six months. If I had to move back, Tokyo would be the only place I'd live. I almost took a gig with the U.S. State Department a few years back that would've stuck me in Tokyo for a few years, but decided it wasn't a good idea. Thanks to websites like TAG and my increasingly hedonistic lifestyle leanings, I'd probably have engaged in more than enough debauchery to get my security clearance revoked and sent home.

Lol thank you! Yeah Vancouver does have a lot pretty girls :)

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
Hello everyone!
Thanks for reading!
Nostalgia
Your story sounds a little like mine (history with Japan when I was younger, married an Aussie, divorced at a young age, plan to relocate to Japan before I hit 40). I’ve never dated any local ladies though. ;-D

This is definitely the best forum that I’ve ever encountered- welcome!

Wow, looks like you're off to a good start! I'm fairly new to the forum myself, but welcome anyway!

Reactions: Nostalgia2018