New next door neighbor and it isn't Mr. Rogers...

It would suck if they somehow knew you could speak Japanese and they were like "My coworker said you know Japanese...don't bullshit me ma'am!" :eek: lol

That would be hilarious hahaha I know Japanese but with cases like that I'm rather dump instead of being bothered. If they happen to speak English I can still try German :D
But it seems like they do get more persistent these days...

That would be hilarious hahaha I know Japanese but with cases like that I'm rather dump instead of being bothered. If they happen to speak English I can still try German :D
But it seems like they do get more persistent these days...

You might be safer with a more obscure language like Hungarian or Romanian haha. You don't even need to know the language, just memorize random phrases and say them to the next NHK guy you see hahaha! :ROFLMAO:

So you would need to find a place that cannot receive even satellite signals. A cave maybe? But of course you could have a TV capable cell phone so they could come to check that anyway :p

Moving to somewhere very distant would probably work. Or buying big plot of land and building a Trump-wall around it. Or never being at home at daytime.

But if they have never bothered you this far I wouldn't probably worry too much about it.

Bat Cave Walking Tour.jpg

Yeah...I'll take it!

In my previous apartment I haven't had an intercom monitor and once the NHK guy showed up, blabbing something in weird Japanese holding a pamphlet. I pulled the 'I don't understand japanese' stupid gaijin and he quickly apologized and was never seen again :ROFLMAO: not sure if that works with all of them.
I had the same thing once. I opened the door thinking it was maintenance. Then the guy started talking and i caught onto why he was there. My eyes widened in horror, i mumbled something understandable and then hit him with the "telebi ha tabemasen" (while there was a reasonably big tv behind me), "nihongo wakarimasen" and slammed the door in his face.

"telebi ha tabemasen"? You don't eat television? That's awesome!

Well, at least she was not lying! There ain't no way in hell for them to take Alice to the court with that.

"Your honour, I just told the nice man that I am not eating televisions" and then an innocent smile to the judge. You are free to go young lady. :LOL:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Try to learn a few phrases in another language and pretend you don't understand English either? :LOL:

I had the same thing once. I opened the door thinking it was maintenance. Then the guy started talking and i caught onto why he was there. My eyes widened in horror, i mumbled something understandable and then hit him with the "telebi ha tabemasen" (while there was a reasonably big tv behind me), "nihongo wakarimasen" and slammed the door in his face.

I was about to ask what is wrong with slamming the door in their face...
Not that you need an excuse, but you are a girl and some stranger is trying to get a foot into your door.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
In other words, if you don’t want to pay, they can’t make you.

To be clear - if you don't contract with them, they can't make you.

If you contract with them, until they let you out of the contract, you're on the hook and they can sue you for non-payment.

Never sign anything given to you at your door.

I have cooled my head a lot since this morning. I realize that obnoxious morons are all over the world, but this was just my first time noticing it right in my face.

Since my latest sojourn from TAG, I see TokyoJoeblow has managed to avoid being deported. That's a relief!

Just a wee bit of advice, TJB, avoid your neighbor as well.

I am reminded of the recent thread of the guy who threw a defensive, preemptive punch at a guy who got in his face. The poster hasn't been heard from since.

Oh, congrats on discovering that shiny object above your bathroom sink.

mirror.jpg

Reactions: MikeH
Since my latest sojourn from TAG, I see TokyoJoeblow has managed to avoid being deported. That's a relief!

Just a wee bit of advice, TJB, avoid your neighbor as well.

I am reminded of the recent thread of the guy who threw a defensive, preemptive punch at a guy who got in his face. The poster hasn't been heard from since.

Oh, congrats on discovering that shiny object above your bathroom sink.

View attachment 4416

Well, let's hope my new neighbor hasn't discovered a mirror. He might have a mental breakdown and freak out. I saw him recently, he is one ugly mofo lol.