Guest viewing is limited

Closed New Tag Site Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark.B

Reaction score
Didn't see that anyone had said anything yet............

While a dramatic change, the function looks good but the 'looks' needs some work. I saw some posts about 'cosmetic' work was ongoing -- keep going, lol.

What I like:
  • Speed - Even for the newer design and extra function, the speed is nice.
  • Mobile Access - Spent some time on my Android (Galaxy) and the browsing is a breeze, a *HUGE* step up from what it was before.
  • Interactive - So, far I like the alerts and 'watching' features for each thread. Very intuitive and I like having the option for email or no email.
  • Editor - Worlds better than what was here before.
  • URL Change - less to type and less to click, really.
  • Continuity of links - This is a huge plus also, all of my old bookmarks still work (but I will update them) and all of the Google links updated already, that is a miracle!
What I don't like:
  • Colors
  • Lack of Activity (maybe temporary?)
  • No twitter feed?
  • Maybe still too many forums visible or at least need to move the popular ones closer to the top of the list. (no reason to have the most popular at the bottom)
  • No guide for new features. :mad:
  • No update feed on the front page; seeing the latest topics is helpful. (IMHO)
Still kicking the tires! :D

Wow. The postbit thingy is very plain, can't regular users have some sort of title or status? I look like a nobody!

Reactions: TAG Manager
Didn't see that anyone had said anything yet............

While a dramatic change, the function looks good but the 'looks' needs some work. I saw some posts about 'cosmetic' work was ongoing -- keep going, lol.

What I like:
  • Speed - Even for the newer design and extra function, the speed is nice.
  • Mobile Access - Spent some time on my Android (Galaxy) and the browsing is a breeze, a *HUGE* step up from what it was before.
  • Interactive - So, far I like the alerts and 'watching' features for each thread. Very intuitive and I like having the option for email or no email.
  • Editor - Worlds better than what was here before.
  • URL Change - less to type and less to click, really.
  • Continuity of links - This is a huge plus also, all of my old bookmarks still work (but I will update them) and all of the Google links updated already, that is a miracle!
What I don't like:
  • Colors
  • Lack of Activity (maybe temporary?)
  • No twitter feed?
  • Maybe still too many forums visible or at least need to move the popular ones closer to the top of the list. (no reason to have the most popular at the bottom)
  • No guide for new features. :mad:
  • No update feed on the front page; seeing the latest topics is helpful. (IMHO)
Still kicking the tires! :D

Thanks for your feedback, we are still a volunteer team and improvements are in process. Please keep your suggestions coming, it is appreciated.

Please bite us, we don't bite back. :eek:

Reactions: TAG Administrator
@Mark.B Just curious here, what exactly to you want to see in a twitter feed? (we have a twitter channel, but no idea what the plans are.)

Hmm. Maybe a tracking list of suggestions might do us some good.

I think it's good.
One thing I don't like though, the date of the post is at the bottom. I think it should be at the top of the post. The date format itself is good ie month as alpha (Jul) and full year.

I think it's good.
One thing I don't like though, the date of the post is at the bottom. I think it should be at the top of the post. The date format itself is good ie month as alpha (Jul) and full year.

Thanks for your comment. This was discussed before, however we didn't come to a conclusion as to what we were going to change or if to change it at all. Every comment helps, so thank you! (y)

@psd - Sorry for the double-reply, but I quickly checked the template and it's very easy to move the date/time. We may create a custom template/style for people that want certain settings or even possibly give people a choice in their control panel as to how they want the display.

(That display area is also tied to the moderation controls along with edit, delete, report etc.)

This is what I love about this platform, much more programmer & designer friendly. It just works, lol!

I don't like the Twitter feature here, I don't use nor have an account but it might invade users privacy if wrongly linked I think.

I find too much white areas here. I think only the text background should be kept white and every other area could use some color to easy eye-catch the reading sections.

I am glad of the platform upgrade, its good to see renewal from time to time, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.