Guest viewing is limited

New to tokyo! suggestions please!

BankerguyCanada

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm going to Tokyo for a few weeks. It's my first time.. but i have tons of Japanese friends in my home city and can speak a tiny little bit of Japanese..like 50 - 100 words kind of thing.

I'll be staying 5 minutes from shinjuku station.

I want some recommendations for bars/lounges/clubs to mingle with people.

To give you an idea about me
I'm white, 29 yrs old, good looking ...kind of a dressy guy... pretty out going.

Can you recommend some bars or lounges where you can like mingle with people..nigghtclub is okay but not TOOO crazy ..i'm not 19 anymore hahaha
I don't need to go "cheap", money isn't an issue..
if you guys could give me like 5 or so recommendations that would be great! maybe give me a few casual joints , a few nicer ones... some place with good music (hiphop/R&B), chill girls etc.

Thanks!!

@TAG Manager Ah.. hahaha. Thank you for considering me! :)

I actually found it quite hard to find good hip-hop/R&B nightlife spots in Tokyo. I've tried going to a lot of places, and either got scammed a few times during the search, or they just weren't fun for me. However, there's only two clubs that I can recommend.

IBEX in Roppongi. On Fridays and Saturdays, they usually play old-school rap, 90's R&B, and early 2000's R&B before 1AM. After 1AM, they get the party going by playing a mixture of modern hip-hop, some trap hip-hop, and also add a bit of dancehall remixes of hip-hop songs. Warm, friendly staff.. they treat you like family. The girls are usually Japanese or American. Most of them are average/curvy, few are slim. English shouldn't really be an issue, and the girls are usually very outgoing, but be prepared for a lot of slang and informal talk. Entrance fee should be 1,500yen (+ 1 free drink) per person. Can't recommend this club enough!

There's also this club in Shibuya called Harlem. I somehow never got the chance to go there, but I have a few friends who have, and they all say it's dope. I think they also have 4 or 5 floors playing different genres like hip-hip, R&B, and Top 40's. A guy that I used to date was also a security guard there, and he used to tell me that big artists like Ne-Yo and Missy Elliott had visited the club before.

Unfortunately, those are the only two clubs that I know are legit and fun.. but I hope that my fellow night-owls can recommend other places to you! I hope you enjoy your stay in Tokyo, @BankerguyCanada ! Party hard!! :D

As for bars around Shinjuku (non hiphop), you probably wanna check out the golden gai as well, its very popular for tourists. Hub is also good for mingleing in a pub environment where Japanese people who are eager to meet foreigners go.

Wow. Thank you guys. @MissInsomnia ill check out one of those two for sure... hub sounds cool too. Pre drink place maybe ^.^

Also, every place i look at is either a club or bar.. any lounges with bumpin music? NY loft style place...
Also whats the style at most of these places?
Tshirt? Dressshirt &jeans? I live in one of the most pretentious cities in north america.. im used to dresscodes lol

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Does anyone have a link to that Hub thingy, please?! :)
Normaly I'm not the nighlive guy but on this trip I would give it a try. ;)

@BankerguyCanada thanks for the thread

Reactions: van Hellsing