Guest viewing is limited

Nicer HB in Tokyo

User#42695

TAG Member
Reaction score
hello all,

My wife and I recently went to Bliss Out and had a fun night there. Thanks for everyone here for all the reviews etc that made the experience better.

However, we were a bit disappointed by Bliss Out - it is a bit run down and not exactly very salubrious. We would like to find a bit of a ‘higher class’ HB for our next visit. Does anyone here have any recommendations?

We have experience of places like Fun4Two in Holland and we’re hoping that something similar might exist in Tokyo? Or something that is a bit better kept than Bliss Out?

We understand that there might be language barrier issues, but we will work out how to deal with those if we can find a nice location.

Thanks for your help

K and P

I think we should clarify a bit what we wrote above.

We are just looking for somewhere that has nicer decor than BO.

We aren’t looking for somewhere as big as Fun4Two in Holland, but somewhere that is quite stylish...not looking for chandeliers etc, just a pleasant environment.

The other HB’s will have different access requirements and I believe Sleeping Beauty is probably of a higher caliber. Someone would have to reconfirm the current access conditions for SB - other than 9259, the others really need more Japanese language and in some cases proof of residency, etc.

Bliss Out is the most accommodating for visitors.

Just reupped my SB membership last night w/ non Japanese speaker; can confirm you need a Japanese speaker as one half of the pair, they also changed policy where they won't issue a member card to tourists anymore. Not sure if that means Japanese speaking tourists are out of luck, though I'd guess they'd accommodate and you just wouldn't get the card is all. They needed both my residence card and my health insurance card, and her passport.

Just reupped my SB membership last night w/ non Japanese speaker; can confirm you need a Japanese speaker as one half of the pair, they also changed policy where they won't issue a member card to tourists anymore. Not sure if that means Japanese speaking tourists are out of luck, though I'd guess they'd accommodate and you just wouldn't get the card is all. They needed both my residence card and my health insurance card, and her passport.
Thank you very much for the update for SB, much appreciated.

I heard they had some issues with the MInistry of Health (some guy vomited and apparently it was not due to just alcohol) and as a result they had to close for a few weeks. Since then they became much stricter about ID and having insurance card.

Reactions: TAG Manager
The other HB’s will have different access requirements and I believe Sleeping Beauty is probably of a higher caliber. Someone would have to reconfirm the current access conditions for SB - other than 9259, the others really need more Japanese language and in some cases proof of residency, etc.

Bliss Out is the most accommodating for visitors.
Hi TAG Manager,

Thanks for the feedback...the next time we are in Tokyo we’ll give Sleeping Beauty a try based upon your input.

K & P

Just to add; Sleeping Beauty and 9259 had functionally identical requirements, and the forms actually looked extremely similar as well. Only difference was that my non-resident visit buddy didn't get a membership card for Sleeping Beauty, and she did for 9259, but they told her she couldn't use the membership card in the future without me since she doesn't speak Japanese and registered as part of a couple (there seem to be a number of measures designed to frown on adultery, or at least the social costs of infidelity *within* these communities)

Reactions: TAG Manager
(there seem to be a number of measures designed to frown on adultery, or at least the social costs of infidelity *within* these communities)

I doubt that! :D
(Or rather, I think those measures have nothing to do with avoiding adultery)

Just to add; Sleeping Beauty and 9259 had functionally identical requirements, and the forms actually looked extremely similar as well. Only difference was that my non-resident visit buddy didn't get a membership card for Sleeping Beauty, and she did for 9259, but they told her she couldn't use the membership card in the future without me since she doesn't speak Japanese and registered as part of a couple (there seem to be a number of measures designed to frown on adultery, or at least the social costs of infidelity *within* these communities)
Yes, those two HB have the same owner.