Guest viewing is limited

Offshore Banking

MossBoss

Hello
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of the big players in the offshore banking world won't allow Japanese residents to use their services.

Anyone got any good Intel on offshore banking scene?

Regards,

MossBoss

It seems like a lot of the big players in the offshore banking world won't allow Japanese residents to use their services.
Um, I think it's more correct to state that Japanese people have a much easier time getting offshore banking than Americans as an example.

I found it next to impossible to arrange something beneficial in the offshore market whereas a Japanese friend was able to set up some stuff in his name with little effort.

Really? A few friends are in the business of arranging offshore investments and holdings, and they have mainly Japanese clients. The only issue really comes with repatriating funds if you need a lot in a hurry.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I found it next to impossible to arrange something beneficial in the offshore market whereas a Japanese friend was able to set up some stuff in his name with little effort.

It seems there was a law change recently that states that in order to offer banking or investing services to people living in Japan you would need to have an actual office in Japan.

Source: my European stock broker (bank) that suddenly froze my online account last year.

Ah, that might explain things - the hazards of being here too long, you start to miss law changes.

...shit thats good to know. I'll have to get creative with how my salary gets paid if my job offer goes through.

It seems like a lot of the big players in the offshore banking world won't allow Japanese residents to use their services
Don't you just hand your cash over to crazy Filipinas? It's definitely offshore now... :eek::ROFLMAO: