On this scorching Sunday...

Cleaning home project on going, doing chores, online shopping, thinking of shrine visit later today, but the hot sun overwhelms me.. Got an appo. late at night.A lil dilly dally long 3-day weekend!!!

I'm getting in the mood for a nice ride on my Trek .
trek.png

This morning I drank a bit of beetroot juice to increase my stamina.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/277432.php

I also filled up up two water bottles fortified with cherry juice and left them in the freezer. They will make the heat more bearable.

One Love,

One with the Humidity!:joyful:

Reactions: scorpioni6ths
I finally decided it was time to do something to my garden aka the breeding ground for all kinds of insects. I ended up cutting and bagging the total of 10 big garbage bags worth of weed and whatnot and there was still some more left.

Gulped down three cans of beer while doing it and still had the scale to show one kg less than at the start. Now getting four more cans of beer to make up the deficit.

Totally not a smart's man move at these temperatures. But then I've always known I am not a very smart man.

Always seems to me that temps above 33 degrees bring the JPN male out of his apartment for a lunchtime jog. Typically wearing the full head to toe kit. Nuts!

Reactions: MikeH
I finally decided it was time to do something to my garden aka the breeding ground for all kinds of insects. I ended up cutting and bagging the total of 10 big garbage bags worth of weed and whatnot and there was still some more left.

Gulped down three cans of beer while doing it and still had the scale to show one kg less than at the start. Now getting four more cans of beer to make up the deficit.

Totally not a smart's man move at these temperatures. But then I've always known I am not a very smart man.

Impressive! Yeah dumb, but still impressive !
:)
Whereas in Shimoda...

IMG_1678.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1678.JPG
    IMG_1678.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
Much warmer than the Med then.

A decent little restaurant/bar in front of the TBS apartments ...

Well I don't know about that but three times I climbed the hill to the Yamatokan hotel , first because there was an ad near the beach saying they had available rooms (but in fact they didn't ) second because I wanted to use their onsen which was supposed to be open to non-guests (but it wasn't).
Third time was after I took a pic of their fucking ad and went to complain at their reception Frenchy-style and the guy looked scared but sorry I HATE false advertising . Oh well at least it made for some extra physical exercise ! :grumpy:

IMG_1679.JPG

Last edited:
Zero

Well I don't know about that but three times I climbed the hill to the Yamatokan hotel , first because there was an ad near the beach saying they had available rooms (but in fact they didn't ) second because I wanted to use their onsen which was supposed to be open to non-guests (but it wasn't).
Third time was after I took a pic of their fucking ad and went to complain at their reception Frenchy-style and the guy looked scared but sorry I HATE false advertising . Oh well at least it made for some extra physical exercise ! :grumpy:

View attachment 4816

I stayed there about nine years ago with my family. I don't remember much, except it's an old place on the beach, pleasant, decent food and good onsen. Here's a photo from the balcony of our room.

shimoda beach.jpg

Reactions: Legarto and Frenchy
Today was only 32. Not bad. Later in the summer it gets hotter.

You didn't have to remind us, did you? It's hard as it is right now already.

Well, most love hotels have a very good air conditioning so that'll help.