One Government

RightOn6975

A Dark Knight
Reaction score
From books, games, and movies, do you think that the planet will have one unified government? Do you think that it will be successful? etc...

Just a random thought I had after watching Star Trek and playing Halo.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
From books, games, and movies, do you think that the planet will have one unified government? Do you think that it will be successful? etc...

We already have one !
The Illuminati/Jews/ET/IMF/FreeMasons/UK Royals conspiracy of course! :)

We can't even set race and religious issues aside within a country, and I'm not merely referring to the US but a good portion of the rest of the world.

How are we supposed to even have a unified world govt? Don't forget that it will also spell the ending of borders and allows open migration everywhere, and I can just visualize millions of Japanese voices screaming in horror at the very idea.

Probably under a dictator or something... dont think it would be very nice to live in. I like the idea of no borders, open migration and trade and stuff but i feel like if this would ever succeed it would be some kind of big brother overlord thing.

I have to admit that as a child i often fantasized about being the "world leader". Haha. Nothing mean though, everyone just liked me and respected my decisions and i took good care of the people, although i also had some personal privileges like getting massaged all day.

All of those futuristic games and movies where Earth has at least some kind of unified government that defends or represents the race are giving humanity too much credit. We are just a bunch of wankers that can't even agree on simple shit.

I like the idea of a world where we work together and actually give a damn about the species as a whole but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Probably it would only come about as the result of a huge war where one side totally destroys the others and dominates the entire world thereafter.

The EU countries have already given up; control of their economic policies, currencies, control of their immigration, and their justice and constitutional rights are continually being eroded.

The only thing the once proud Europeans have left is their independent militaries. But the EU bureaucrats have already announced their intention of creating a 'Pan European military force'.

The EU is controlled by unelected bureaucrats. I'm sure these parasites would love to have a world government.

Reactions: just4fun and Sudsy
The EU countries have already given up; control of their economic policies, currencies, control of their immigration, and their justice and constitutional rights are continually being eroded.

The only thing the once proud Europeans have left is their independent militaries. But the EU bureaucrats have already announced their intention of creating a 'Pan European military force'.

The EU is controlled by unelected bureaucrats. I'm sure these parasites would love to have a world government.

I dont agree for so many reasons , but let's just see how the "United" Kingdom evolves when out of it. Maybe you will be proven right , but for the time being they seem to want to retain all the good stuff (apparently there is some, huh) and escape all the obligations they can, and it doesnt seem to work so well...

Reactions: MikeH
There will be one world government. Mark Zuckeberg will be the Supreme Leader and he will outsource operations to Amazon, Rakuten and Uniqulo.

Reactions: Frenchy
but for the time being they seem to want to retain all the good stuff (apparently there is some, huh) and escape all the obligations they can, and it doesnt seem to work so well...

Not really. Actually most British people would prefer the country to walk out of negotiations with the Eurocrats and operate under the WTO agreements.

The Eurocrats have no intention of making a deal with the U.K. Remember how they treated Greece? What they did was to humiliate them and ensure poverty and suffering for years to come just to make a point.

The Europeans would rather cut their nose off to spite their face than come to a reasonable agreement with the U.K.

Not really. Actually most British people would prefer the country to walk out of negotiations with the Eurocrats and operate under the WTO agreements.

The Eurocrats have no intention of making a deal with the U.K. Remember how they treated Greece? What they did was to humiliate them and ensure poverty and suffering for years to come just to make a point.

The Europeans would rather cut their nose off to spite their face than come to a reasonable agreement with the U.K.
For those Americans out there who need this contextualized in local terms: Greeks = Mexicans, Brits = Canadians

I have to admit that as a child i often fantasized about being the "world leader". Haha. Nothing mean though, everyone just liked me and respected my decisions and i took good care of the people, although i also had some personal privileges like getting massaged all day.

Queen Alice of Wonderland - That does have a nice ring to it.;)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
No. Besides, it's often depicted in a dystopia where sex wouldn't be fun anymore (Zamyatin's pink tickets, Woody Allen's orgasmatron etc.).

Ah ah, good point !

Oh don't worry most Europeans would also prefer a clean break instead of this parody of negotiations, where "reasonable" for the Brits means "leave us complete access to your market and no visa needed for our citizens and free-passporting of U.K. Financial services etc etc and in exchange go fuck yourself cause we hate Europe". :mad:

Aaaah I love a good old Franco-English tussle from time to time ! Thanks MossBoss!

Got too mellow recently because of my sweet SB (half Irish so she gets a pass anyway :kiss:)

(By the way the above discussion shows that a One World government would not be possible anyway: even if all other nations in the world united you would still have the two pesky cousins across the Channel with their 1000 years of history ... and I kinda like that actually!) :)

Good fucking luck with that. These idiots can't even agree on a common power plug or voltage.....

That's not in North America funny man , follow the argument ! :D

Sorry. I forgot France isn't part of west anymore and has become a Muslim Caliphate under the enlightened EU policy of dumping suspected terrorists in the heart of Europe.

Good fucking luck with that. These idiots can't even agree on a common power plug or voltage.....
... true. Which makes laughable the argument that the EU is some kind of dictatorship enslaving nations . It's a club of countries who freely chose to pool some policies and even that , it's never one size fits all (not all EU countries adhere to the Euro, or to Schengen area etc)