Guest viewing is limited

One LINE Account, multiple devices

ur19877

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello

So my understanding/research/testing is that you can only log into your Line account on one device (phone/tablet) at a time, except for your computer, where you can be logged in concurrently.

Can you confirm that is true?

In Japan, more so than other places, people seem to have multiple phones. So how do they use Line over the multiple phones and devices?

Do they have a Line account for each phone
Do they continually log out of one phone and log into another?
Any other options/possibility?

I will shortly be using two phones and a Ipad mini that has data, so I am trying to figure out what I am going to do.

Also, I had a bad experience where I logged into another device one day and lost my chat history on my original phone. I think I could prevent that going forward, but it sucked at the time.

Thanks for your help

Yes, one account, one phone. That's how they planned it to work. So if you somehow manage to do something different for a while don't be surprised when it fails spectacularly.

My usage:

1 LINE account, used at the same time on:

1 iPhone
1 iPad
1 PC

If you log into another PC, it kicks the other PC off. My iPhone and iPad can be used concurrently without issue.

You can’t have more than one LINE account per phone.

I didn’t know you could be logged in to your iPad and iPhone at the same time. Very interesting.