Online English lesson with a lot of possible double entendres?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
So I started teaching English part time at a local eikaiwa after my agriculture work for some extra pocket money.

Last week, I went to the school to teach 3 lessons and as I was going home my boss mentioned that there is a new female student that will take my lesson next week and that this woman can give me a ride back to my apartment and is excited to drive me there?

I thought that was pretty interesting. Due to all the Coronavirus panic, my boss mentioned to just teach all my lessons via Skype until everything calms down (doesn't seem like anytime soon).

So fast forward to last Saturday night. I start up a lesson with her on Skype. I ask her if she just wants to free talk and she mentioned that she has some questions she prepared for me.

She starts out by asking me what I like about Japan and Japanese culture and I mentioned that I love Japanese onsen and onsen culture. She asked me if I am shy about getting nude?

Of course she meant if I am shy getting nude at the onsen in front of other people, but I was surprised that a Japanese woman would ask just a direct and sexual question during an English lesson. I told her that I don't feel nervous getting nude all the time and took my jacket off on the webcam. She giggled and thought that was funny.

The next question she asked was what type of Japanese food I like. I mentioned that I like meals that are balanced with meat and vegetables, that I also love sashimi, ramen, etc.

Then she goes off on a tangent about how Japanese meat is so small and how big American meat is. I know that she could be literally talking about meat...but once again, she was sounding sexually suggestive. She also repeated herself saying it a couple times like a mantra. Japanese meat is just, so...so small and American meat is really big, right?

I wanted to test her reaction, so I looked directly into the webcam and said: Oh yes, American meat is really BIG and smiled. She replied with そうか while smiling.

We got on the topic of karaoke because she enjoys that and talked about drinking alcohol and she suddenly said with enthusiasm that we should both go to karaoke and drink sometime!

I said sure, that sounds great. Here is the thing...she is married and has 2 kids. I know that hasn't stopped me before...like ever. But I even saw him on the webcam before the Skype lesson started. Of course he left the room during the lesson, but it just seems dangerous. I will just keep her as a student but I will accept her invite to drink at a karaoke place if she mentions it again in the future. I know karaoke rooms are used for sex all the time in Japan. I have had sex with a number of women at karaoke places here in Japan.

Has anyone ever had an English lesson where the woman starts speaking with sexually suggestive language?  

Last edited:
Reactions: ThaWeeknd
Has anyone ever had an English lesson where the woman starts speaking with sexually suggestive language?  
Pretty much every English teacher ever at some point.

Pretty much every English teacher ever at some point.

But I mean, does it seem like I am reading too much into this and she is just a really innocent, naive Japanese woman (there are many of these types) or do you think she is trying to intentionally send hints of sexual interest to me?

I guess you could just pull it out and see how she reacts. At least I think you will learn the answer to your current ponderings I’d imagine.

haha oh boy. Hell no, not going to do that. If she invites me to karaoke and we are getting drunk and she seems to be sending some hints, then maybe. That most likely isn't going to happen though.

Reactions: Frenchy
I thought I was in a similar situation with a former coworker from our Japan office last year. She also was married, 2 kids, even briefly saw the husband in the background on a Skype meeting when she did the meeting at her home.

While I'll have to agree that your exchange seems more likely, mine was a bit vague. It started with mostly innocent skype chat. I've known her for a number of years and she seemed like a serious business minded ice maiden, no smiling etc. When I was assisting her on a number of projects, she would start using cute emojis and stuff and I would play along but never cross the line.

One time when I completed a task for her, her skype chat response was, "I Love You!!" Which was totally out of character so I didn't follow up and assumed it was more a language misunderstanding. Later on, when we had more phone skype meetings on projects, (no video) I would prepare stupid japanese phrases when we would start that would get her out of her ice maiden persona and have her giggling like a school girl. We would also talk about non work related stuff from time to time.

One time, after finalizing stuff I would help her with, she responded with the animated kissing emoji.... I decided to take a careful response by replying, "If I would have known I would have gotten that, I would have included more stuff!"
Her response became more business like and definitely neutral. I reeled it in after that.

Long story short, she eventual left the company last May and she gave me her personal email and cell number / WhatsApp info to keep in touch. (Her contact info had her last name changed from when she worked with our company so I wasn't sure if she got divorced or never changed her name when with our company)

Flash forward to this past November, I send her a note saying I will be visiting Tokyo and she said she definitely wants to meet up, even wants to plan "something special" for us to do, a surprise so to speak..... the mind wanders. When the date of the travel came near, she revealed what she wanted to do but we had to cancel that plan. She wanted us to do clay sculpting together (like demi moore in Ghost) in a public studio, but realized I would not have able to bring the finished piece home for 2 months so we just had lunch.

The lunch was fine, very platonic and all the "flirting" was more in my head all along. She was going through alot with our company at the time with our buyout and backstabbing corporate ladies who were jealous of her new position. She just needed someone on her side at the time.

But I mean, does it seem like I am reading too much into this and she is just a really innocent, naive Japanese woman (there are many of these types) or do you think she is trying to intentionally send hints of sexual interest to me?

I'm pretty sure you are reading too much into what you assume to be sexual stuff, but she could still very well be interested. Just remember to never give her your birthday!

Just don’t get fired if you need the job or money. I heard from a friend that their students seems to be canceling left & right, right now.

Next time her husband pops up on the skype call, you can just point at him and say "small Japanese meat" then point at yourself "big American meat ;););););)"
See her reaction and plan your next move based on that.
I see no way that plan could possibly backfire. You're welcome.

Next time her husband pops up on the skype call, you can just point at him and say "small Japanese meat" then point at yourself "big American meat ;););););)"

joker.jpg
foot.jpg

Reactions: Lukes
LMAO! The reaction to that would be priceless I'm sure.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow