Onsen recommendations

namae

TAG Member
Reaction score
Who has mastered the naughty over-nighter?

What is your preferred onsen for a quick one night visit from Tokyo? ( looking for a place that is relatively easy to access by train, more interested in the onsen stay - room, food, baths - rather than local sightseeing).

Last edited:

What is your preferred onsen for a quick one night visit from Tokyo? ( looking for a place that is relatively easy to access by train, more interested in the onsen stay - room, food, baths - rather than local sightseeing).

I suppose that depends on your definition of "easy to access." Unless you're fine travelling two or three hours, Hakone is probably going to be your easiest option. I'm probably the only person I know that has never stayed there as I generally hate onsen towns, but since the other half was forcing me to stay there a night back in 2020 I came across this ryokan and was seriously daydreaming about the awesome infinity rooftop bath...and then the pandemic fucked up all those plans.

But that's me. I'm getting too old and life is too complicated to properly enjoy a nice ryokan these days. If I were young and single again and taking a new girlfriend on an overnighter, sure, I'd love to book a nice room, have a fantastic dinner, get toasted on expensive sake and then fuck like rabbits on the veranda with all the windows and shades open or in the balcony open-air bath so the whole town can watch. But 2006 is a long time ago, and this old fuck prefers the big, cheap theme park onsen now. Let the other half go shopping and kill three or four hours alone in hot baths, drinking ice cold beers and surreptitiously urinating on the warm akasuri table.

On a related note, it has come to my attention that Odaiba Onsen Monogatari closed last month. I know it was a cheap, shithole tourist attraction but I fucking loved that place. I could literally spend the entire day there all by myself, alternating between the HOT hot rotenburo and then the foodcourt bar with the "mega" sized Asahi Super Dry mugs, chugging one after another and the watching the bar staff shoot concerned glances at each other every time I stagger back to the cashier to order another one. Now I'm stuck with just Spa LaQua, and the overpriced bullshit they sell at their upscale bar.

surreptitiously urinating on the warm akasuri table.
Damn , i did some wicked stuff in onsens but this never crossed my mind . Well , now it does, congrats! Next time a rude old Korean akasuri lady gets on my nerves , I may think about it

if you’re ready to splurge I recommend this one in Hakone , room type : Kaze. Enjoy!
http://www.hakoneginyu.co.jp/en/index.html

Damn , i did some wicked stuff in onsens but this never crossed my mind . Well , now it does, congrats! Next time a rude old Korean akasuri lady gets on my nerves , I may think about it

Hey, the good akasuri course is usually an hour minimum, and by the time I get on the table I've probably put away eight, nine, twelve beers. What can I do? And by that point it's all beer I'm pissing out so it's all clear, no smell and I'm usually more worried about farting. Not that I actually worry. But at the same time, these are KOREAN ladies. Something tells me a little shi-shi is nothing compared to other bodily fluids they might have dealt with in other jobs. I just wait for the scrub session to stop when they start hosing all the dead skin off and let her rip. But maybe they do know, and they're actually talking shit about me in Korean to the other ladies? Ignorance is bliss.

Reactions: Frenchy
Let the other half go shopping and kill three or four hours alone in hot baths, drinking ice cold beers and surreptitiously urinating on the warm akasuri table.
And just when I thought you couldn't get any classier, you raise the bar again. Nearly had coffee coming out my nose when I read that.:ROFLMAO:

I took a girl to this place once

Kazennokaori

It's not your traditional place but had a great time there. Had a small rotemburo on the balcony, but also has 2 large 貸し切りお風呂on the top floor. There are lights on each floor which tell if they are occupied or not.
Went for a jog in the morning past Shiofuki Park (thought that was quite funny, even if the kanji if different) 汐吹 vs 潮吹き

I love the pajamas they have there, and bought a couple of sets when I left and I still use them today.

The funniest thing about this trip though was, as we were sitting on the train heading back to Tokyo, I got a PM from another member of TAG asking me about a DH girl he knew I seen. Crazy thing was, it was the girl sitting next to me on the train. Go figure!

I suppose that depends on your definition of "easy to access." Unless you're fine travelling two or three hours, Hakone is probably going to be your easiest option. I'm probably the only person I know that has never stayed there as I generally hate onsen towns, but since the other half was forcing me to stay there a night back in 2020 I came across this ryokan and was seriously daydreaming about the awesome infinity rooftop bath...and then the pandemic fucked up all those plans.

But that's me. I'm getting too old and life is too complicated to properly enjoy a nice ryokan these days. If I were young and single again and taking a new girlfriend on an overnighter, sure, I'd love to book a nice room, have a fantastic dinner, get toasted on expensive sake and then fuck like rabbits on the veranda with all the windows and shades open or in the balcony open-air bath so the whole town can watch. But 2006 is a long time ago, and this old fuck prefers the big, cheap theme park onsen now. Let the other half go shopping and kill three or four hours alone in hot baths, drinking ice cold beers and surreptitiously urinating on the warm akasuri table.

On a related note, it has come to my attention that Odaiba Onsen Monogatari closed last month. I know it was a cheap, shithole tourist attraction but I fucking loved that place. I could literally spend the entire day there all by myself, alternating between the HOT hot rotenburo and then the foodcourt bar with the "mega" sized Asahi Super Dry mugs, chugging one after another and the watching the bar staff shoot concerned glances at each other every time I stagger back to the cashier to order another one. Now I'm stuck with just Spa LaQua, and the overpriced bullshit they sell at their upscale bar.

I think in your own mind you have prematurely aged yourself. You are one of the younger members on TAG .. maybe only half way through your life. Many go-go bar dancers around Asia wouldn't consider you an option until you become fatter, grayer or balder.

And just when I thought you couldn't get any classier, you raise the bar again. Nearly had coffee coming out my nose when I read that.:ROFLMAO:

Come on! I can't really be the only guy who's pissed on the akasuri table? You're not a real man until you can manage a half-chub lying in your own piss with a 50yo Korean lady's gloved hands scrubbing your asshole.

Reactions: Rusty Trombone
Come on! I can't really be the only guy who's pissed on the akasuri table? You're not a real man until you can manage a half-chub lying in your own piss with a 50yo Korean lady's gloved hands scrubbing your asshole.

that must be the rite of passage in the holy church of Keihan , I guess…. Seriously if you found an akasuri lady in a normal onsen scrubbing as deep as you mentioned , please PM me, it’s for a friend

that must be the rite of passage in the holy church of Keihan , I guess…. Seriously if you found an akasuri lady in a normal onsen scrubbing as deep as you mentioned , please PM me, it’s for a friend

Three words: Spa World Osaka. See? Not everything is better in Tokyo.

Hey, the good akasuri course is usually an hour minimum, and by the time I get on the table I've probably put away eight, nine, twelve beers. What can I do? [...]

You can count/drink beer only in units of three. It's a fact.

Reactions: Majestyk
Any recommendations for a mixed onsen to visit together with my wife?

we were thinking of going to Takaragawa onsen on Oct 14-15 but they say now it is mandatory to wear their dresses for mixed bathing...((

we were thinking of going to Takaragawa onsen on Oct 14-15 but they say now it is mandatory to wear their dresses for mixed bathing...((
Really? It must be because of COVID. :ROFLMAO: Too bad this wave of puritanism. :( I had a great time with my ex-girlfriend there, …once with two young couples we met at the river onsen at night.

Really? It must be because of COVID. :ROFLMAO: Too bad this wave of puritanism. :( I had a great time with my ex-girlfriend there, …once with two young couples we met at the river onsen at night.
Website says it's because of an increase in international visitors who are requesting such. Once again, the prudes are ruining things for everyone else.

Reactions: icchau
@buddy
Bit further from Tokyo but well worth it.
Sukayu near Hakkoda in Aomori
If you like hiking this is a great spot to soak after a loop from the Hakkoda Ropeway acrossthe mountains (about 5-6 hours hike).
Don't get any in your eyes as it is quite acidic.

Mid Oct and the fall colors will be amazing.

Noted, I just bought new hiking boots, because the last ones smashed my toes on the descent of the Fuji at the end of August. It looks a good place to try them when I will return to Japan in mid-October and after passing the stupid quarantine.

Any recommendations for a mixed onsen to visit together with my wife?

For all-naked fun, Awa no Yu in Shirahone Onsen
But you need to drive uphill on a very steep and curvy road for the last 5 km or so. Worth it though
Beware: your wife may see bigger cocks than yours :D

F8F60E1B-22CF-4A30-B41C-87C3E42A946F.jpeg

For all-naked fun, Awa no Yu in Shirahone Onsen
But you need to drive uphill on a very steep and curvy road for the last 5 km or so. Worth it though
Beware: your wife may see bigger cocks than yours :D

View attachment 17006

Hopefully, if you and your wife go to that particular onsen she does not decide to wear swimwear.

MY wife? No, hopefully she will !

That would be very cool (and somehow also a very French setting) if you went into the onsen together with your wife and your SB at the same time: your wife with swimwear and your SB completely naked.