Onsen recommendations

@buddy
Bit further from Tokyo but well worth it.
Sukayu near Hakkoda in Aomori
If you like hiking this is a great spot to soak after a loop from the Hakkoda Ropeway acrossthe mountains (about 5-6 hours hike).
Don't get any in your eyes as it is quite acidic.

Mid Oct and the fall colors will be amazing.

Dude, did buddy fuck your sister, or something??? Why would you send him to his demise in such a manner???

OP, I have been to that Hell on Earth known as Aomori, and have made the pilgrimage to that abomination known as Sukayu. Do not be fooled into following in such footsteps. Heed this warning.

During a chilly November some years back, shortly after the general elections in America had wrapped up, I gifted myself the usual post-election Japan trip as a reward for being a loyal GOP campaign stooge and flew into Tokyo. The Hakodate Line had just recently opened, so after having a friendly Korean lady scrub the stink of politics off me and letting me blow a load on the back of her thighs, I shot up to Hakodate for a couple of very pleasant nights stuffing my face with Sapporo Only beer and king crab. I had also resumed years-old research into the elusive "konyoku," a fabled fantasy land I'd never experienced during my years living in Japan so I decided to check it off my list once and for all.

Sukayu is one of the most famous konyoku in Japan, and its website even features an enticing picture of a huge mixed bath filled with young and old, all naked, including a few fat, homely white women in the front row (probably JET teachers) smiling and naively unaware that the men behind them are probably masturbating. Well, that was all the bait I needed. I hopped back on the JR with my JR Rail Pass and headed south again with a ticket punched for Aomori Station. The second I stepped off the train I should've known better and kept moving back toward Tokyo, but ever the optimist I pushed forth. Keep in mind a few things:

1) Aomori is the most boring, blandest shithole I've ever encountered in all of Japan, and I was DOWNTOWN, too.

2) Aomori is bitterly, painfully cold. I'm a person who loves winter, loves to sit bareass naked in any Hokkaido rotenburo, but the piercing, shrill cold of Aomori just destroyed me. More on that later.

3) The women in Aomori are the most unattractive, homely women I've ever encountered in Japan.

But still, I wanted my nude bath with some naked fat ginger bitches and a few chubby Japanese housewives, so I pushed forth. There's a bus at Aomori Station that takes you directly to Sukayu. I boarded that bus, taking notice that I was the only dumb fuck on the entire bus. Still, I found a seat. Second warning ignored. An hour or so wait and the bus departed.

From what I recall, the ride was about an hour and a half, so that's about 90 minutes of staring out the window at a winter scene so fucking depressing I wanted to kick my own ass for not buying a bag full of Asahi tallboys at the station. My reasoning had been that I wanted to stay at least somewhat sober, of course, in case any of those fat ginger bitches in the bath want to fuck after seeing all three of my glorious inches violently parting the onsen water.

Finally, after a boring ass ride up the mountain in the middle of nowhere, the bus stops and the driver kicks me off, pointing to this ancient brown wooden building. I hop off the bus and begin the trek across the parking lot, a couple of inches of snow on the ground, being extra careful as I hadn't walked through snow in many years. I notice the parking lot is nearly deserted but for a couple of cars, and a half-dozen senior citizens--and ONLY a half dozen senior citizens--hobbling toward the main entrance. Third warning ignored, as I followed them in.

I store my boots, pay, then rush into the locker room, eager to hop into the bath with those fat gingers and horny housewives. The locker room is some ancient, decrepit mess but I don't care. Get naked, grab my small towel and eagerly exit the male entrance to the bath (there are separate entrances), through the door and out into a dark abyss.

Instantly, the foul stench of sulfur infiltrates my nostrils. But I've smelled worse things and was far too excited to find those naked fat gingers and horny housewives, so I ventured forth down the ramp and into the darkness. And it is DARK in there. And because there is also zero ventilation in the bath, the entire room is also powerfully humid with a dense fog making it nearly impossible to see more than 10 or 15 yards in front of you. What that meant is that even when I was finally able to hop in the pathetically lukewarm main bath in search of those JET teachers, I couldn't even see the other side of the bath, where supposedly the women exited into.

But I could hear them. Probably four or five of them. And they sounded not a day younger than 85. Cackling, nattering on about who knows what. Unwilling to accept defeat, a waded over toward the women's side squinting through the fog, and soon enough I was able to ascertain exactly what my ears had promised me: a group of women who probably had full bushes of pubic hair while they cheered on the invasion of Manchuria. And not a single other soul in the bath. And then reality came rushing in to remind me that 1) the locker rooms were empty, 2) the lobby was nearly empty) and 3) the parking lot was empty and it was already afternoon--there were no fat ginger JET teachers and horny housewives disrobing in the locker room and soon to arrive to oogle my magnificent manhood and follow me back to the hotel.

Defeated and disgusted, I climbed out of the bath and went to rinse off. What I then discovered is that all of the water piped into the room, whether in the main bath, smaller baths or fountain, is all from same sulfur-rich spring, and that means no matter what you do, you're covered with a very thin, oily layer of shit that smells like a mixture of rotten eggs and farts. For the rest of the day. I put on my clothes, went back out into the lobby and angrily perused the bus schedule, wanting to get the fuck out of there ASAP. That's when I made the equally pleasant discovery that the bus only comes every few hours or so, and since my bath adventure had taken no more than 15 minutes, I was now stuck there for a couple of hours. The only saving grace was that the was a vending machine with beer in the lobby, so pumped in some coins and began drinking angrily. And right about that time, the hotties I'd just bathed with came out of the locker room and joined me near the tv, where we all sat and watched some shithole variety program for the next hour as I got drunker and angrier and drunker and sadder. I don't remember getting back on the bus to go back to Aomori Station but I obviously made it back somehow as I was on the first Shinkansen out of there in the morning.

Footnote: There was this dumb bitch sitting near me on the Hayabusa headed to Hakodate who was wet-coughing up a storm and obviously had some sort of viral upper-respiratory infection. Even though she had been wearing the usual cheap conbini mask she obviously shared that infection with those around her, so combined with the bitter cold of Aomori fucking with my immune system, by the time I'd headed back south and arrived in Osaka a few days later I began hacking up all sorts of interesting materials, including blood. Thankfully, it never developed into a full-blown plague and I was able to comfortably make it to KIX and fly home, vowing to never again return to Aomori. And I never have.

DO NOT GO TO SUKAYU.

Last edited:
Dude, did buddy fuck your sister, or something??? Why would you send him to his demise in such a manner???

OP, I have been to that Hell on Earth known as Aomori, and have made the pilgrimage to that abomination known as Sukayu. Do not be fooled into following in such footsteps. Heed this warning.

During a chilly November some years back, shortly after the general elections in America had wrapped up, I gifted myself the usual post-election Japan trip as a reward for being a loyal GOP campaign stooge and flew into Tokyo. The Hakodate Line had just recently opened, so after having a friendly Korean lady scrub the stink of politics off me and letting me blow a load on the back of her thighs, I shot up to Hakodate for a couple of very pleasant nights stuffing my face with Sapporo Only beer and king crab. I had also resumed years-old research into the elusive "konyoku," a fabled fantasy land I'd never experienced during my years living in Japan so I decided to check it off my list once and for all.

Sukayu is one of the most famous konyoku in Japan, and its website even features an enticing picture of a huge mixed bath filled with young and old, all naked, including a few fat, homely white women in the front row (probably JET teachers) smiling and naively unaware that the men behind them are probably masturbating. Well, that was all the bait I needed. I hopped back on the JR with my JR Rail Pass and headed south again with a ticket punched for Aomori Station. The second I stepped off the train I should've known better and kept moving back toward Tokyo, but ever the optimist I pushed forth. Keep in mind a few things:

1) Aomori is the most boring, blandest shithole I've ever encountered in all of Japan, and I was DOWNTOWN, too.

2) Aomori is bitterly, painfully cold. I'm a person who loves winter, loves to sit bareass naked in any Hokkaido rotenburo, but the piercing, shrill cold of Aomori just destroyed me. More on that later.

3) The women in Aomori are the most unattractive, homely women I've ever encountered in Japan.

But still, I wanted my nude bath with some naked fat ginger bitches and a few chubby Japanese housewives, so I pushed forth. There's a bus at Aomori Station that takes you directly to Sukayu. I boarded that bus, taking notice that I was the only dumb fuck on the entire bus. Still, I found a seat. Second warning ignored. An hour or so wait and the bus departed.

From what I recall, the ride was about an hour and a half, so that's about 90 minutes of staring out the window at a winter scene so fucking depressing I wanted to kick my own ass for not buying a bag full of Asahi tallboys at the station. My reasoning had been that I wanted to stay at least somewhat sober, of course, in case any of those fat ginger bitches in the bath want to fuck after seeing all three of my glorious inches violently parting the onsen water.

Finally, after a boring ass ride up the mountain in the middle of nowhere, the bus stops and the driver kicks me off, pointing to this ancient brown wooden building. I hop off the bus and begin the trek across the parking lot, a couple of inches of snow on the ground, being extra careful as I hadn't walked through snow in many years. I notice the parking lot is nearly deserted but for a couple of cars, and a half-dozen senior citizens--and ONLY a half dozen senior citizens--hobbling toward the main entrance. Third warning ignored, as I followed them in.

I store my boots, pay, then rush into the locker room, eager to hop into the bath with those fat gingers and horny housewives. The locker room is some ancient, decrepit mess but I don't care. Get naked, grab my small towel and eagerly exit the male entrance to the bath (there are separate entrances), through the door and out into a dark abyss.

Instantly, the foul stench of sulfur infiltrates my nostrils. But I've smelled worse things and was far too excited to find those naked fat gingers and horny housewives, so I ventured forth down the ramp and into the darkness. And it is DARK in there. And because there is also zero ventilation in the bath, the entire room is also powerfully humid with a dense fog making it nearly impossible to see more than 10 or 15 yards in front of you. What that meant is that even when I was finally able to hop in the pathetically lukewarm main bath in search of those JET teachers, I couldn't even see the other side of the bath, where supposedly the women exited into.

But I could hear them. Probably four or five of them. And they sounded not a day younger than 85. Cackling, nattering on about who knows what. Unwilling to accept defeat, a waded over toward the women's side squinting through the fog, and soon enough I was able to ascertain exactly what my ears had promised me: a group of women who probably had full bushes of pubic hair while they cheered on the invasion of Manchuria. And not a single other soul in the bath. And then reality came rushing in to remind me that 1) the locker rooms were empty, 2) the lobby was nearly empty) and 3) the parking lot was empty and it was already afternoon--there were no fat ginger JET teachers and horny housewives disrobing in the locker room and soon to arrive to oogle my magnificent manhood and follow me back to the hotel.

Defeated and disgusted, I climbed out of the bath and went to rinse off. What I the discovered is that all of the water piped into the room, whether in the main bath, smaller baths or fountain, is all from same sulfur-rich spring, and that means no matter what you do, you're covered with a very thin, oily layer of shit that smells like a mixture of rotten eggs and farts. For the rest of the day. I put on my clothes, went back out into the lobby and angrily perused the bus schedule, wanting to get the fuck out of there ASAP. That's when I made the equally pleasant discovery that the bus only comes every few hours or so, and since my bath adventure had taken no more than 15 minutes, I was now stuck there for a couple of hours. The only saving grace was that the was a vending machine with beer in the lobby, so pumped in some coins and began drinking angrily. And right about that time, the hotties I'd just bathed with came out of the locker room and joined me near the tv, where we all sat and watched some shithole variety program for the next hour as I got drunker and angrier and drunker and sadder. I don't remember getting back on the bus to go back to Aomori Station but I obviously made it back somehow as I was on the first Shinkansen out of there in the morning.

Footnote: There was this dumb bitch sitting near me on the Hayabusa headed to Hakodate who was wet-coughing up a storm and obviously had some sort of viral upper-respiratory infection. Even though she had been wearing the usual cheap conbini mask she obviously shared that infection with those around her, so combined with the bitter cold of Aomori fucking with my immune system, by the time I'd headed back south and arrived in Osaka a few days later I began hacking up all sorts of interesting materials, including blood. Thankfully, it never developed into a full-blown plague and I was able to comfortably make it to KIX and fly home, vowing to never again return to Aomori. And I never have.

DO NOT GO TO SUKAYU.

Wow! you’re much better with high-quality travel documentary than politics! that must be the funniest review I’ve read in TAG for months if not years (y)

Defeated and disgusted, I climbed out of the bath and went to rinse off. What I then discovered is that all of the water piped into the room, whether in the main bath, smaller baths or fountain, is all from same sulfur-rich spring, and that means no matter what you do, you're covered with a very thin, oily layer of shit that smells like a mixture of rotten eggs and farts. For the rest of the day. I put on my clothes, went back out into the lobby and angrily perused the bus schedule, wanting to get the fuck out of there ASAP. That's when I made the equally pleasant discovery that the bus only comes every few hours or so, and since my bath adventure had taken no more than 15 minutes, I was now stuck there for a couple of hours. The only saving grace was that the was a vending machine with beer in the lobby, so pumped in some coins and began drinking angrily. And right about that time, the hotties I'd just bathed with came out of the locker room and joined me near the tv, where we all sat and watched some shithole variety program for the next hour as I got drunker and angrier and drunker and sadder. I don't remember getting back on the bus to go back to Aomori Station but I obviously made it back somehow as I was on the first Shinkansen out of there in the morning.

DO NOT GO TO SUKAYU.
Brilliant Report! But why the fark did you go in November? It’s like visiting Siberia at that time of year.
Too cheap to pay 5000yen a day for a rental car?
The climb up the peaks of Hakkoda is awesome. Esp. In Autumn.
Hachimantai (not really a climb), Hakkoda, and iwaki san were 3 great mountains in 3 days.

OP don’t listen to @Keihan
His trip report was probably written half way thru a bottle of Kirkland Vodka.
Tohoku is one of my favorite places in Japan. Been by train, car and hopefully next time bu motorbike.

Brilliant Report! But why the fark did you go in November? It’s like visiting Siberia at that time of year.
Too cheap to pay 5000yen a day for a rental car?
The climb up the peaks of Hakkoda is awesome. Esp. In Autumn.
Hachimantai (not really a climb), Hakkoda, and iwaki san were 3 great mountains in 3 days.

OP don’t listen to @Keihan
His trip report was probably written half way thru a bottle of Kirkland Vodka.
Tohoku is one of my favorite places in Japan. Been by train, car and hopefully next time bu motorbike.

I told you, I love the cold and Hokkaido in Fall or Spring is my favorite. Sun's out, snow on the ground, a few degrees below freezing and a nice beer buzz going and a hot rotenburo waiting for me...that's just about perfect. So naturally, I didn't give a second though to stopping at Aomori Station on the way back down. But Aomori is a different animal. The closest thing I can compare it to is that bitter, biting Midwest cold in Chicago, with a wind that cuts through your jacket and it's actually painful to stand outdoors.

But @MikeH is right. If I'm on vacation, I'm generally too drunk to drive. And more than that, in all my years in Japan I never got behind the wheel. I refuse to drive on the wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the road (yeah, I said it). In fact, that's the only thing I think the French do right.

In fact, that's the only thing I think the French do right.
Then be a true rebel like me
Rent an original Peugeot and drive on the right side even in Japan.
Or even better get the BladeRunner 2049 model .

I told you, I love the cold and Hokkaido in Fall or Spring is my favorite. Sun's out, snow on the ground, a few degrees below freezing and a nice beer buzz going and a hot rotenburo waiting for me...that's just about perfect. So naturally, I didn't give a second though to stopping at Aomori Station on the way back down. But Aomori is a different animal. The closest thing I can compare it to is that bitter, biting Midwest cold in Chicago, with a wind that cuts through your jacket and it's actually painful to stand outdoors.

But @MikeH is right. If I'm on vacation, I'm generally too drunk to drive. And more than that, in all my years in Japan I never got behind the wheel. I refuse to drive on the wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the road (yeah, I said it). In fact, that's the only thing I think the French do right.

Yeah, it's the only thing. Trains in France still run on the left side just like in England. Quelle honte!

Then be a true rebel like me
Rent an original Peugeot and drive on the right side even in Japan.
Or even better get the BladeRunner 2049 model .

The prospect of trying to drive on the opposite side always terrified me, to be honest. And since I knew I wasn't going to stay in Japan forever, I was paranoid that getting used to driving in Japan would result in guaranteed accident once I rotated back stateside. But it might just be that I lack the sort of intellectual capacity that renders a brain easily adaptable to polar opposites. When my other half moved here permanently, the first thing she did was grab my truck keys, toss her board in the back and head out surfing. Fine by me, as I have a permanent designated drive now.

Tohoku is one of my favorite places in Japan.

Same for me. I lived in Misawa for four years. Loved the whole area. For a redneck from down south I enjoyed the winters in Aomori, which by the way gets more snow than Hokkaido.

Reactions: Keihan
Same for me. I lived in Misawa for four years. Loved the whole area. For a redneck from down south I enjoyed the winters in Aomori, which by the way gets more snow than Hokkaido.

The irony there kills me. Back in late 2002, I was hell bent on scoring a gig that took me overseas, hopefully to Japan but anywhere with beer and marginally attractive women was fine by me and the military was looking like the surest route. But pretty much the sole reason I resisted family pressure to apply for Air Force OTS was that I started asking around about where I might be stationed if I got to Japan, and Misawa kept coming up. When I asked what Misawa was, all I heard was: "UP NORTH, MIDDLE OF FUCKING NOWHERE BUT BETTER THAN BEING STUCK IN GUAM." And right around that time, a company called "NOVA Corporation" promised to base me in downtown Osaka. So I'm like, GOLLY GEE, SIGN ME UP FOR THAT AWESOME GIG!!

And that's why I'm not currently an O-5, two years away from retirement, fat pension, guaranteed financial security and healthcare for life. Live and learn.

And that's why I'm not currently an O-5, two years away from retirement, fat pension, guaranteed financial security and healthcare for life. Live and learn.

yeah but on the plus side you were faithful to your Republican values (not living on the backs of hardworking taxpayers)

And the seafood is some of the best I’ve tasted

Thank you guys for your reccomendation... I really liked such a marvelous review by @Keihan. unfortunately I had such experience already, hope it will be better next time)

This time of the year again so I am looking for Onsen suggestion. Found this thread and I thought it's better to contribute here rather than starting a new one.
Went to this place with SB purely because I have seen this picture on an ad board somewhere. I am a sucker for advertisement.
1670219617308.png

Nice room, with quiet/romantic atmosphere. This seat is at the reception , good for Instragram. THe private bathtub at the balcony in the room is a bit small for two ppl but you might have already seen it from some of the JAV movies.

1670219966567.png

https://hanaori.jp/ashinoko/

This time of the year again so I am looking for Onsen suggestion. Found this thread and I thought it's better to contribute here rather than starting a new one.
Went to this place with SB purely because I have seen this picture on an ad board somewhere. I am a sucker for advertisement. View attachment 19638
Nice room, with quiet/romantic atmosphere. This seat is at the reception , good for Instragram. THe private bathtub at the balcony in the room is a bit small for two ppl but you might have already seen it from some of the JAV movies.

View attachment 19639

I think everybody is a sucker for this kind of advertisement .........this looks incredible 😮😮😮

Reactions: Ken4fb
Went to this place with SB purely because I have seen this picture on an ad board somewhere. I am a sucker for advertisement. View attachment 19638

View attachment 19639

A couple years back when I naively thought the pandemic would be over by 2021, this exact place was on my top three list of places to stay when I finally made it back, hoping to go at it with my other half on that very balcony. However, the top spot on my list was Kowakien Tenyu...I probably posted on it somewhere on TAG. The infinite onsen looked fucking amazing.

895166086ad27dc270b5b56ed7020119.jpg
154884879.jpg

I do prefer that glass balcony, though, in case anyone in the forest wants to watch. But I once booked us a top-floor suite with a private outdoor bath overlooking the whole city and all we did was bathe. Guess I'm the only one with exhibitionist tendencies. No problem, I'm not above jerking off alone with this wonderful 7-11 9% Chu Hai.

I'm about to go for a sunrise jog in the snow up here in the chilly north, and then the hotel breakfast buffet serves champagne. I love the stares I get, guzzling sparkling wine at 8am.

https://www.sayanoyudokoro.co.jp/

This is in Tokyo. No accomodations but very nice onsen with Rotemburo. The night sky was so clear when I went there and I could even see stars while taking a bath with lots of cute young university guys

1670542960748.png

1670542930996.png

No private bath for you and the lady, but if you prefer your date to be the same gender then you can use there private room.

1670543162783.png

They have got a nice garden to look at too.
1670495672572.png

Attachments

• 1670542977979.png
    1670542977979.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
Reactions: Cinnabums