People staying home due to severe hayfever?

Jesus....Japan hayfever sound worst than the western states. Is it that bad? Planning to visit in beginning of May.

Yes, what Hofmeyer said is correct. If you are just a visitor, you have no problems at all (chances are really low). I didn't start experiencing hayfever until my third year living here.

My symptoms finally start to go away mid March at the latest.

Reactions: dorkyluv
@warubuta I forgot to ask. After receiving your injection, are you able to walk around outside without a surgical mask now?

I used to suffer from pollen allergies but several years ago, they stopped affecting me ...except in very rare cases. I had a theory on why but never bothered to put it to the test until last week when I saw co workers suffering badly. I brought in a large bottle of probiotic ( I was looking for that candy-like shin biofermin-S but bought something similar which was actually more expensive ) and a prebiotic in the form of a bottle of brewers yeast tablets from the US ( otherwise I would have bought ‘em Ebios which is more or less the same ) . Seems to help and sure beats having to eat natto and yoghurt ...

It is funny because I have been eating yogurt with local honey every morning for at least 3 months now. I believe it helps but I feel that the heated up tomato juice has the strongest effect when it comes to quick symptom relief.

I sure hope the allergy injection isn't a cocktail of all kinds of terrible shit. I will research more on it before I go into the clinic and roll of my sleeve...

Reactions: NorthTriangle
I was reading these articles about the different injection options I have:

https://washio-jibika.com/blog/花粉症の注射は2種類!比較して解説します/

http://yuuki-jibika.com/index.php?id=21

The bad news is it seems I'm way too late to receive the immunotherapy injection...so I might need to opt for the steroid injection.

I'm not a big fan of steroids and try to avoid them at all times. I know it will probably really help with my hayfever symptoms, but it explains how it isn't recommended because the long-lasting side effects.

The second article is really scary, but it looks like these severe side effects occur in people that receive steroid injections yearly, which I definitely don't plan on doing.

Has anyone on here ever had a steroid injection for hayfever/allergies?

I will be honest...I'm a little intimidated by the steroid injection.

I might end up receiving either a histaglobin or neurotropin injection.

Also, unlike a steroid injection, it is characterized by extremely few side effects.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthTriangle
7617939B-2C09-4D88-98DA-9E9390F7DC03.gif

I would like to apologize for cancellations and not being able accommodate the inquiries. My kafunsho is worse than ever. :(

Last edited:
I don't want to create a new post, so I will ask here.

Has anyone here that is sexually active ever been in a situation where they contracted an STI like chlamydia and needed to take antibiotics for it...while taking hayfever medicine?

I don't have any STI now, but just curious if it is dangerous to take antibiotics used to treat chlamydia while taking hayfever medicine?

I know there are many types of antibiotics and allergy medicine, but thought I would ask on here anyway.

I was reading these articles about the different injection options I have:

https://washio-jibika.com/blog/花粉症の注射は2種類!比較して解説します/

http://yuuki-jibika.com/index.php?id=21

The bad news is it seems I'm way too late to receive the immunotherapy injection...so I might need to opt for the steroid injection.

I'm not a big fan of steroids and try to avoid them at all times. I know it will probably really help with my hayfever symptoms, but it explains how it isn't recommended because the long-lasting side effects.

The second article is really scary, but it looks like these severe side effects occur in people that receive steroid injections yearly, which I definitely don't plan on doing.

I will be honest...I'm a little intimidated by the steroid injection.

I might end up receiving either a histaglobin or neurotropin injection.

Also, unlike a steroid injection, it is characterized by extremely few side effects.

If I were to provide a very simplified rough & unqualified explanation about the use of steroids in these sort of scenarios, it is that it is an “ immune system stimulator”. Continuing with this, the problem with immune system stimulation is that similar to Newtonian physics, what goes up , can also come back crashing downward.

This differs from say, “immune system modulation” whereas the overall system is made somehow stronger. For example, the purported mechanisms behind substances like 1-3 beta glucans ( i.e. found in food products like Swedish oat bran, fermented yeast products like nutritional yeast , Ebios, Marmite ( not live yeast ).

One US product based on fermented yeast, Epicor, had studies which showed a significant increase in Natural Killer (NK) cells two hours after consumption, but more importantly, it seems an increase in the right type of IgA (sIgA) that bind to allergens to assist your immune system in getting rid of them... so all part of that ‘virtuous’ gut biome / probiotic-prebiotic regimen-cycle mentioned earlier.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow

What are the side effects it lists? Sorry, i cant read it.

Yes, what Hofmeyer said is correct. If you are just a visitor, you have no problems at all (chances are really low). I didn't start experiencing hayfever until my third year living here.
I was here 29 years before I first got it last year. Never had any problems before that.

The Buta read some of the research (also known as shit on the internet) on steriod injections for hayfever and he has come to this Buta conclusion:

I got the injection and it has proven to be very effective. I am suffering much, much less than in previous years although reports (also known as shit on the internet) indicate that the pollen count this year is the highest ever. Regarding possible side effects including diminished intelligence, obesity, bad breath, flatulence, lethargy and priapism, yes it is true that I am experiencing all of these to some degree - but not any more than usual. Anyway, The Buta, like Monsanto, believes in Better Living Through Chemicals. I will outlive all of you! And when I die, my generous corpulence will not require the usual enbalming fluids. I have already begun the process of preserving myself for entombment by consuming all nature of drugs, preservative-laden junk food and vast amounts of alcohol.

reports (also known as shit on the internet) indicate that the pollen count this year is the highest ever.

It pretty much increases every year. Cedar trees start producing pollen when they hit about 30 years old, and since nobody's cutting them down any more, we're just getting more pollen year after year.

They really need to just subsidize local lumber for a few years to get the cedar forests cut back, and replant them with some slower growing - and less noxious - trees. A nice mix of cherry and maple would be pleasing for the eyes in a a decade or so.

Instead of asking a doctor? 50% of us are dumb, 50% of us aren't experts and 50% of us can't even math good.

Yes, I will ask my doctor too next time I see him. Even though nobody on here is a doctor...I'm sure there are a lot of other sexually active people on here that have had first hand experience contracting STis all seasons of the year (including during pollen scattering seasons).

It pretty much increases every year. Cedar trees start producing pollen when they hit about 30 years old, and since nobody's cutting them down any more, we're just getting more pollen year after year.

They really need to just subsidize local lumber for a few years to get the cedar forests cut back, and replant them with some slower growing - and less noxious - trees. A nice mix of cherry and maple would be pleasing for the eyes in a a decade or so.

Another idea I thought about is why not just put a bunch of foreigners to work cutting down a ton of cedar trees?

There are a lot of immigrants from poor countries that would love the opportunity to live in Japan, so they would happily cut trees down since most Japanese men don't want to do such "lowly blue collar work" lol.

I know this sounds harsh but if after enough trees are cut down and the Japanese government wants some of these foreigners to return to their home countries, they could just have the plan be to grant temporary work visas that only last say like 5 years or so.

Since it is going to take many years to do this, they would be wise to have a large team available for a long period of time to handle this.

Yes, I know this costs money the Japanese government "can't afford". Maybe if heavy tourism during the Tokyo Olympics makes Japan a lot of money, they could use that money to set this type of plan in motion.

Otherwise...yes the pollen is just going to get worse and worse each year.

What are the side effects it lists? Sorry, i cant read it.

The other day, a patient full of bloody bloody noses and a large amount of bloody noses stopped. When I looked at my nose, blood was spouting out in a sloppy manner, and I was able to burn and stop the mucous membrane with an electric coagulator after compression somehow, but it seems quite hot.

When I asked the patient about the story, it is said that he has been receiving an injection of kenacort A, which is a steroid, for pollinosis every year about 10 years ago. The face is clearly "Moonface" and the eyes are also bloody.
He recommended blood tests and explained to re-examine the next day, but he was not re-examined after that, and I do not know if I was alive or dead. I hope the nosebleed does not stop, but I thought it would be nice if I could not bleed in my head.

Other than this one comes a person who is injecting steroids every year for hay fever, but I think that everyone is not aware of the danger. If you give it a side effect that you know,

Infectious disease (infection related to mold and life) and adrenal insufficiency (sometimes you may feel dull or die) :eek:
Atrophy / sinking of muscle at subcutaneous injection site (high frequency) :eek:
Diabetes (probable to occur):eek:
Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer:eek:
High blood pressure:eek:
Liver dysfunction:eek:
Glaucoma (visual acuity, visual field disorder):eek:
Mental disorder (depression), general fatigue (rebound phenomenon):eek:
Osteoporosis (decreased bone density):eek:
Reproductive dysfunction:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Menstruation may stop or may not stop:rolleyes:
Full moon-like face, facial erythema:eek:

Reactions: Durg50
The other day, a patient full of bloody bloody noses and a large amount of bloody noses stopped. When I looked at my nose, blood was spouting out in a sloppy manner, and I was able to burn and stop the mucous membrane with an electric coagulator after compression somehow, but it seems quite hot.

When I asked the patient about the story, it is said that he has been receiving an injection of kenacort A, which is a steroid, for pollinosis every year about 10 years ago. The face is clearly "Moonface" and the eyes are also bloody.
He recommended blood tests and explained to re-examine the next day, but he was not re-examined after that, and I do not know if I was alive or dead. I hope the nosebleed does not stop, but I thought it would be nice if I could not bleed in my head.

Other than this one comes a person who is injecting steroids every year for hay fever, but I think that everyone is not aware of the danger. If you give it a side effect that you know,

Infectious disease (infection related to mold and life) and adrenal insufficiency (sometimes you may feel dull or die) :eek:
Atrophy / sinking of muscle at subcutaneous injection site (high frequency) :eek:
Thanks!

Another idea I thought about is why not just put a bunch of foreigners to work cutting down a ton of cedar trees?

There are a lot of immigrants from poor countries that would love the opportunity to live in Japan, so they would happily cut trees down since most Japanese men don't want to do such "lowly blue collar work" lol.

I know this sounds harsh but if after enough trees are cut down and the Japanese government wants some of these foreigners to return to their home countries, they could just have the plan be to grant temporary work visas that only last say like 5 years or so.

Since it is going to take many years to do this, they would be wise to have a large team available for a long period of time to handle this.

Yes, I know this costs money the Japanese government "can't afford". Maybe if heavy tourism during the Tokyo Olympics makes Japan a lot of money, they could use that money to set this type of plan in motion.

Otherwise...yes the pollen is just going to get worse and worse each year.
You got some good ideas there, Joe. How about this one: When immigrants cut down the offending cedar trees, they could put aside the larger ones. Then when their work in Japan is done, they could hollow them out into log canoes and paddle home to their countries!

Reactions: Sudsy and MikeH

where did you get this?

If I were to provide a very simplified rough & unqualified explanation about the use of steroids in these sort of scenarios, it is that it is an “ immune system stimulator”. Continuing with this, the problem with immune system stimulation is that similar to Newtonian physics, what goes up , can also come back crashing downward.
Wtf. Dude, in the context of allergies, the generic term “steroid” refers to corticosteroids, not the anabolic androgenic type of steroids which is where you’re likey getting the immunostimulatory info from. Bad hay fever, basically an overly active immune system response to allergens in the air, can be treated with the use of corticosteroids to suppress the immune system. And different from the allergy shots that try to get you desensitized to the specific allergens, corticosteroids just go and blunt your immune system response. Suppressed immune system = less reaction to the allergens = more comfortable during allergy season. But that immune system suppression that’s giving you the relief, and the fact that you’re using exogenous hormones to get it, is where all the side effects come into play.

You got some good ideas there, Joe. How about this one: When immigrants cut down the offending cedar trees, they could put aside the larger ones. Then when their work in Japan is done, they could hollow them out into log canoes and paddle home to their countries!

Well, that would definitely save more money for Japan.

Sounds a bit harsh though lol.

By the way, if you think this isn't a good idea and most Japanese people are unwilling to cut down trees...what ideas do you have to fix the problem?

Last edited: