Guest viewing is limited

PM Abe

designer08

TAG Member
Reaction score
Kind of sad. just heard on the news that Abe will step down from his post as Prime Minister. I thought (while there were some policies I didn't agree with) overall he was a good PM for the country. Some of his business policies he instituted really help me set up my own business and thrive in Japan. I'm going to miss him. A little concerned about who comes next

Reactions: Tabanico
Oh no. I didn't expect for him to resign due to health concerns according to news now as a great official to emperor.
Despite negative feedbacks towards him, he made something good for Abenomics, jobs for foreigners, and other supports to countries.

Here in the U.S., this is one of the first stories I saw while eating breakfast. Despite the rumors of ill health, it still came as a surprise for me.

Reactions: just4fun
Here in the U.S., this is one of the first stories I saw while eating breakfast. Despite the rumors of ill health, it still came as a surprise for me.

Most people I have talked today had the opinion he suddenly developed health problems when he realised he doesn't have enough support for the next term.

Reactions: Kinky143couple
Most people I have talked today had the opinion he suddenly developed health problems when he realised he doesn't have enough support for the next term.
All joking aside, this was going to be his last term - due to term limits.

Wasn’t he supposed to step down next year anyways?

Yes, he was supposed to step down as the head of LDP, completing his third (and the last) term, in September 2021.

That's why the Tokyo Olympics was postponed by only a year - now they are scrambling to re-postpone the games to 2022.

Yes, he was supposed to step down as the head of LDP, completing his third (and the last) term, in September 2021.

That's why the Tokyo Olympics was postponed by only a year - now they are scrambling to re-postpone the games to 2022.

Is that even possible? Let's say if it does, then when will be the one after it? 2024? Gives athletes just 2 years to prepare. But who knows, right?

Is that even possible? Let's say if it does, then when will be the one after it? 2024? Gives athletes just 2 years to prepare. But who knows, right?
I would be happy to give them the Paris Olympics in 2024, if they are still keen on it and have not yet organized their own by then. Frankly we can’t afford anymore those costly , political ego-boosting, not-so-economically-benefiting (except for IOC corrupt officials) sports extravaganzas.
Paris is already enough of a mess in normal times anyway

Reactions: SugoiBoy
I was perusing a list of his potential successors...most of them seem pretty identical. Which bland, 60+ y/o nationalist will take his place I wonder

Which bland, 60+ y/o nationalist will take his place I wonder

Exactly, and who will notice any change regardless who it will be? So let's hope he at least has good hair; nobody wants to see old, ugly, bald guys and the first two are given.

Reactions: maikeru
Exactly, and who will notice any change regardless who it will be? So let's hope he at least has good hair; nobody wants to see old, ugly, bald guys and the first two are given.

Old politicians = tough
Abe was too young (and not tough enough ) when he tried his first premiership in 2006