Guest viewing is limited

Police brutality

MikeH

Presumably Male
Reaction score
Just a while ago we had this conversation and here we go again. My human rights were just repeatedly and horrendously violated by the aggressive organisation that wants to dictate how normal law abiding citizens are supposed to conduct their daily lives.

I was held against my will, interrogated endlessly without access to a lawyer or even food or drink. My property was searched, poked, hold upside down and reported by radio with my name included. What's worse just three minutes from the first instance I was stopped again with the intention to start it all over again!

I am planning to file formal complaints to Human Rights Now, United Nations Security Council, Save the Children International, PETA, Animal Rights Center, Greenpeace and of course Debito.

Well, if you want details, and I know you don't, but here we go anyway. I was peacefully and soberly (I know, my bad) cycling home after a long day of serving the Emperor, adding to the economy and saving orphaned children, or at least visiting a friend. I was paying a lot of attention to the traffic and all the laws, and I can prove it by telling I was really vigilant as I had just ran four red lights in succession and therefore carefully looking out for any cops.

And certainly in the next intersection I could see two fine young policemen crossing the street and positioning themselves the opposite site of the road. Digging their fox holes, positioning their machine gun or doing whatever they do when they build their base for making sure nobody is driving a bicycle that's not his property.

So here I was, stopping at the red lights like a decent person and watching over the other side of the road, which was a tiny road, like five meters away when they stopped and started to stare at me. At this point I gave myself 50-50 chances of just pedalling pass them but they were young, full of energy and just started their shift so when the light changed and I started moving the hand goes up and the guy goes "we are from the police and checking bicycle registrations".

He started immediately with Japanese, not asking me if I speak it or trying to speak English or anything. I already started to like the guy. I stop and tell him they can search all they want but I can already tell they cannot find the registration number as there is none. I tell him that is because "I am in the process of doing it", which is true as the process started a decade ago and has now advanced to the phase "I will think about it".

He doesn't get baffled but just makes his partner look for any numbers they could find while keeping me company. I show him my knowledge of all things important and say it's hard to register a bicycle that is not bought in Japan and he agrees the shops are reluctant to register anything not bought from them. Thanks internet, I wouldn't have known this without you.

The second guy turns my bicycle every which way and comments that it's a really big one. For a moment I have the urge to say "European bicycle big bicycle, Japanese bicycle small bicycle" while pointing at their crotches but I do resist the temptation.

The other guy finds some number and goes on his walkie-talkie reporting the number to the Higher Authority. The first guy asks my name very politely and I tell him it's Mike. That's all, no surname or nothing. I think about asking his Line now when we have became good friends but again I resist. The second guy reports by radio that the bicycle with that number now belongs to this Mike guy.

They give me my bicycle back and thank me and wish me a good night. I merrily bicycle away and around five hundred meters away there is an intersection with a police box next to it. Just when I am approaching it a young police officer steps out, puts up his hand up and goes "we are from the police and checking bicycle registrations". I start to laugh and tell him I was just stopped few blocks away. He says sorry and asks where. I tell him and he says sorry again and wishes me a good night.

And this boys and girls is the full story of how I escaped the oppressing forces and went on to live a full and meaningful life.

Poor guy. I've had the passport check at the airport a few times. I was on the way out to leave their country so they should have been happy. Anyway, at least they are finding the easy thing to do versus the real stuff that they should be doing; like stopping car that run red lights way after it's been red, etc.

Reactions: MikeH
You all probably made the mistake of looking like you had some free time for them to waste. That's why they stopped you. :p

You all probably made the mistake of looking like you had some free time for them to waste. That's why they stopped you. :p

I would still find it funny that after three decades in the country the first two stops came in under three minutes.

Poor guy. I've had the passport check at the airport a few times.

They tried to check my ID once in the airport when I was waiting for a friend to arrive. The young police started "We are checking passports, would you have some time?" to which I said "no, I am busy". After collecting his thoughts for a bit he went "we would appreciate your co-operation" to which I as bluntly answered "you are not going to get it". After that he left me alone.

Where is the bit where they frisk you, cup your balls and anally invade you?.

I would still find it funny that after three decades in the country the first two stops came in under three minutes.

I will say that's impressive. Both that you managed to avoid getting stopped by the Po Po for 30 years and that you got stopped twice in less time than it takes a punter to be disappointed with his soapland girl pick.

I don't know about you but I think that newly established personal record deserves a celebration.

Where is the bit where they frisk you, cup your balls and anally invade you?.

They asked extra for that and I didn't have the cash with me.

Reactions: Lukes and bergmann
He didn't have time as he could only last 3 minutes. I think it was a very happy moment for one of his fantasies.

Yeah, lasting three minutes is my biggest fantasy.

Reactions: oLUXo
Loooooong
Is there a summarized version for lazy French guys? :D

TL;DR Police bad, Mike a hero. Though you would have known the latter part, as that's how all my stories end.

Reactions: Frenchy
You will end up in SoraNews as an inspiration to us all

I am aiming for the big lights and instant fame and try to get to the Rising Wasabi.

I readily admit that was my mistake. Which makes me now wonder; this was the first time bicycling sober in three decades and also the first time I was stopped by the police. Cannot be a coincidence, right?
I hope you learned your lesson..........:p

Reactions: AMcguyver and MikeH
I have to warn you Mike, after what happened in Korea, they starting to search for all kind of churches here, especially the secretive ones that encourage there members to get in close contact ... All I'm saying is, check your bike if they didn't put a GPS tracker somewhere ...

Reactions: MikeH and Sudsy
The first guy asks my name very politely and I tell him it's Mike. That's all, no surname or nothing. I think about asking his Line now when we have became good friends but again I resist.
Your posts and replies are too much haha :LOL::LOL:

I readily admit that was my mistake. Which makes me now wonder; this was the first time bicycling sober in three decades and also the first time I was stopped by the police. Cannot be a coincidence, right?
I'm also doubting your creds as a hard ass, suit wearing go-getter.
You now seem to be a tree hugging, hemp wearing, bicycle riding hippie.

I sure miss old Mike. Please have a 12 hour session with a 25 year old spinner to set the globe back on it's axis.

giphy.gif