Post-Pandemic Gift to Yourself??

You mean Phuket? Yeah. Better than for ski or snowboard for sure :ROFLMAO:
NOOO, I didn't mean Phuket. I meant here in Japan......sigh.

aaaah okayyyyy
Short answer: not really. Maybe Niseko in the good old days ... like 2 years ago
Was just thinking out loud. Ski all day, bar in hotel probably and a room right up stairs.....girls that go skiing perhaps looking for some fun too.

Nah, the ‘apres ski’ scene here is pretty lame. Even in the popular areas the few bars are just full of sweaty single gaijins.
Yeah, I can confirm that. I was one of those sweaty single gaijins. If you have the chance you should (which year's skiing season are we talking about?) go to the French alps for skiing. I have been there once a couple of years ago and it was quite "enjoyable".

Our friend in crime @ah toh will probably think 'those days are when you are dead'.

I should probably have written "when you want to give your balls a rest". Because it's your duty as a customer to give the girls an orgasm; if not theirs then at least yours.

Nah, the ‘apres ski’ scene here is pretty lame. Even in the popular areas the few bars are just full of sweaty single gaijins.

Probably because Japanese girls rarely like snow (or at least I haven't met one that does yet).
Thus my search for a snowboard (with benefits) partner continues ...

Probably because Japanese girls rarely like snow (or at least I haven't met one that does yet).
Thus my search for a snowboard (with benefits) partner continues ...
What's a snowboard with benefits?
YES-GreatBoobs.jpg

Reactions: Lukes and Yanchan
I’m considering to replace my Canon EOS 5D Mark II by the IV. This is the last toy I bought from Fujiya Camera Nakano. I saved 40% from retail price. The value about lenses is that if they have been taken good care of, there is no difference between a new one and a used one.
Isn't it sexy? ;)
View attachment 16056

400m and x1.4

you are either:
1. taking photos of the moon
2. an avid avian photographer
3. a pervert
4. all of the above.

I spent the money on a Nikon 90-200mm f/2.8 and it's beautiful, it will out last any camera I buy and probably even me. Camera come and go but money spent on glass is not wasted.

400m and x1.4

you are either:
1. taking photos of the moon
2. an avid avian photographer
3. a pervert
4. all of the above.

I spent the money on a Nikon 90-200mm f/2.8 and it's beautiful, it will out last any camera I buy and probably even me. Camera come and go but money spent on glass is not wasted.
I bought it to shot nature, specially wild fauna, and of course I’m a seasoned 3), like most TAG members.:D
f/2.8 is a gem! Congrats! (y) My Canon 70-200mm is just f/4, but makes me happy.

Reactions: Sudsy
So here is what i dont get about bitcoin (actually there is loads but this is the main bit):
So bitcoin has gone through some insane bubbles, sufficient for anyone with any significant holdings to be very well off, if not financially set for life.
However all the bitcoin evangelists (of which their are very, very many) dont seem to be very rich. They dont seem much different to your typical ‘day trader’ ie slightly weird dude that is way too excited about finance but not that rich themselves and spend all day on social media trying to get other people to do what they are doing.

Seems all a bit pyramid-scheme-ish to me.

disclaimer: in around 1999 i said that online shopping didnt have any future and the internet was for weirdos.

So here is what i dont get about bitcoin (actually there is loads but this is the main bit):
So bitcoin has gone through some insane bubbles, sufficient for anyone with any significant holdings to be very well off, if not financially set for life.
However all the bitcoin evangelists (of which their are very, very many) dont seem to be very rich. They dont seem much different to your typical ‘day trader’ ie slightly weird dude that is way too excited about finance but not that rich themselves and spend all day on social media trying to get other people to do what they are doing.

disclaimer: in around 1999 i said that online shopping didnt have any future and the internet was for weirdos.

In my experience, the big boys don't even talk about it. The most vocal people online are probably holding on average <0.1 BTC.

In my experience, the big boys don't even talk about it. The most vocal people online are probably holding on average <0.1 BTC.

It's like everything else in life. The idiots who brag about how much [insert commodity here] they have really don't have all that much of it and will probably end up losing what they do have. I've been around successful people for most of my life (and unfortunately have never been in that "successful" category), particularly operating in politics with donors, PACs, etc., and the almost universal rule is that a person who has amassed an 8, 9 or even 10 figure fortune would rather put you in a hole in the ground before having to reveal what he/she is really worth.

I don't know if this is true, but I was under the impression that it was difficult to actually get cash for bitcoins through whatever exchange there is. Or at least difficult to sell of a large number of them at once.

Reactions: Durg50
I don't know if this is true, but I was under the impression that it was difficult to actually get cash for bitcoins through whatever exchange there is. Or at least difficult to sell of a large number of them at once.
I got a bridge for sale......

So you are saying bitcoins are the bridge? I'm a bit slow this morning...
I had a good friend con me into helping his pyramid......needless to say, we are no longer speaking......and I remind him each and every time I bump into him. Hasn't been much recently though. It just seems fishy in a bad way...........

It's like everything else in life. The idiots who brag about how much [insert commodity here] they have really don't have all that much of it and will probably end up losing what they do have. I've been around successful people for most of my life (and unfortunately have never been in that "successful" category), particularly operating in politics with donors, PACs, etc., and the almost universal rule is that a person who has amassed an 8, 9 or even 10 figure fortune would rather put you in a hole in the ground before having to reveal what he/she is really worth.
Goes for a lot of walks of life. One thing I learned bartending in some rough joints in my university days... the louder the bark, the less fight in the dog. The dangerous guys don't draw attention to themselves... or give warnings.