Guest viewing is limited

Primer on Kabukicho Information Booth / Club Office

Hi everyone, I wanted to mark the end of my lurking phase with a review but I need to ask a question (three actually) for now. I was in front of Club Office without knowing it was downstairs and someone I instinctively identified as a scam-artist insisted to help finding the place. He initially tried to lead us to princess something and he finally accepted to show us Club Office location (my bad for letting it slip); I thought: “ok, let’s see where this ends”. When at the door he asked for money before entering the shop and with a “friend” peekaboo-ing his head through the door. What I saw was just a “pay twice scam” (to the man at the door and then inside without any chance to explain what happened). At that point I didn’t see any possible positive outcome and quit. Was I right? Was indeed a scam? I wanted to share my experience if that was the case. How to enter the club now that they “know me”? Thank you very much!

Hi everyone, I wanted to mark the end of my lurking phase with a review but I need to ask a question (three actually) for now. I was in front of Club Office without knowing it was downstairs and someone I instinctively identified as a scam-artist insisted to help finding the place. He initially tried to lead us to princess something and he finally accepted to show us Club Office location (my bad for letting it slip); I thought: “ok, let’s see where this ends”. When at the door he asked for money before entering the shop and with a “friend” peekaboo-ing his head through the door. What I saw was just a “pay twice scam” (to the man at the door and then inside without any chance to explain what happened). At that point I didn’t see any possible positive outcome and quit. Was I right? Was indeed a scam? I wanted to share my experience if that was the case. How to enter the club now that they “know me”? Thank you very much!
Probably has nothing to do with the club. If he wanted to show you another place at first and then wanted money from you for showing you this place he probably doesn’t get any money from that particular club for bringing in customers.

Don't follow people on the street in Kabukicho. Ever. It was indeed a scam.

Yes, I agree but this time I had him literally between me and the shop so I have to admit I didn’t find the nerves to counter for the best…

Probably has nothing to do with the club. If he wanted to show you another place at first and then wanted money from you for showing you this place he probably doesn’t get any money from that particular club for bringing in customers.

I don’t know… he actually called someone so there must be a sort of connection. The sketchy part by the way was that the artist’s friend was half inside and half outside the (more closed than open) door as he wanted to avoid been seen from colleagues inside. We asked to pay inside and they said to pay before entering, which I didn’t like, at all. It would have been too easy to ask me again for money inside playing dump.

Here's a tip to get rid of persistent touts without them getting aggressive.

Japanese tout: Listen to russian stuff and learn to fake the sounds and inflections a bit. Give them the bullshit language when they try and talk to you.

Black tout: Same as above

White Tout: rare but they exist. Just tell them to fuck off, they're more timid than the others.

Reactions: Rusty Trombone
Quick comment regarding the oppai club

Many of them offer a cheaper price for your first set to get you on the hook. Then they will often send the hottest girls in as the last one in your set, to try and get you to extend.
If you do extend then make sure of the extension price, as many times it will be more (in some cases much more) than the original.

Reactions: akasam
Another big downside of the info booths is that you can't take advantage of any advertised discounts, since the shop is already giving a kickback to the booth people.

Another big downside of the info booths is that you can't take advantage of any advertised discounts, since the shop is already giving a kickback to the booth people.
I'm not exactly sure if that's true. They sometimes give the info booths "special rates" so they will actively promote the club / bar.

Just an update: one of the following days I went straight downstairs dodging the guy from last time; I opened the door by myself and once inside I paid the standard fee to one of the staff guys; everything went quite smooth; by the way I'll post my review as soon as I can.

Just an update: one of the following days I went straight downstairs dodging the guy from last time; I opened the door by myself and once inside I paid the standard fee to one of the staff guys; everything went quite smooth; by the way I'll post my review as soon as I can.
Good to hear that. :)

Reactions: Kyon OO
I’d like to point out that there’s no golden rules for info shops outside of Tokyo. When I used to travel domestically, I befriended some rough-looking dudes in Susukino (Sapporo) who hooked me up quite well by helping me avoid time-wasters and places that simply were dirty or not a place I’d enjoy. I know this because I went back to the places to see if they were steering me away from good places and damn, I should have never doubted the dude with snakes and eyeballs tattooed on his arm.

Osaka was similar. Both places helped me save face and time by taking me to places that would accept me rather than I walk somewhere only to be turned away at the door due to my international heritage.

Finally, Nagoya was the wildest shit I have ever seen. There were some young, handsome Brazilian dudes driving for deriheri/driving customers from the shop to another neighborhood. I asked them were they would go (gaijin friendly, cheap, good) and I spent ¥5000 for a night with Brazilian women and it was cool. I would definitely make a habit of that if I could.

Last edited:
More to the point, my phone died and the info booth near Strawberry Jam in Shibuya (I think that’s it - Strawberry something; it’s along a staircase on the way to Taco Bell / Pure Vacation) was fair and didn’t waste my time either.

Finally, I keep weird hours and am either too late or too early; I don’t like phoning people to find out who’s open when they can just tell me.

Keep this with a grain of salt, I’m chatty in Japanese as well and tend to be working slow nights, so maybe they were just curious or bored.