Guest viewing is limited

Pua Should Be Pus

Hamerare

Offa da street
Reaction score
Pick Up Artists are not artists but scientists. Their behavior is based on psychology ( a science ) and the manuals they read are scientific in nature. So they should be called Pick Up Scientists PUS. It's so non brainer, like most of them.

actually i still dont understand what is nampa or pua really is?!

In a way it is a mystery. Sometimes the experts/practioners of PUA/nampa/gaming say that it is what all guys do when they try to meet and then seduce women in any context or venue - on the street, in clubs, via social circles, online, at work or whatever/wherever with some emphasis on guys trying to consciously improve their skills and techniques. Sounds broad and inclusive, right? But then if anyone mentions an inappropriate, insensitive, offensive (to women), irritating or whatever way in which some guys (including some who call themselves PUAs/gamers!) try to meet and seduce women, the definition suddenly changes from the broad and inclusive one to a nartow and restrictive one. Any such bad behaviors are said not to be "true PUA" and shouldn't be counted against PUA. Very confusing.

As far as I can judge, PUA/nampa/gaming is defined as an effective way of meeting and seducing women to which there are no legitimate objections nor reasonable criticisms.

-Ww

Last edited:
Pickup/game is taking action towards meeting people you are interested in romantically, and reflecting on how to improve that behavior.

Most men do this with or without knowing it's game, but few do it really well. This is why it seems confusing. Generally, the part men don't do well is the "reflection" part. Aggressive / overbearing approaches aren't effective nor respectful and would be eliminated if they were reflecting properly. Instead, men are often concerned about protecting their ego and lashing out or "teaching" women a lesson rather than being comfortable with the rejection. This is the reason for bad approaches.. In short, ego defense mechanisms. The true PUA/gamer seeks to destroy his ego and therefore open himself up too real relationships with women who have actual affinity with him, and aren't just physically attractive or dtf. (note I phrased this as men picking up women but it could be applied to any genders).

As for PUS vs PUA I understand what @Hamerare means, but it is definitely not a science because it deals with human relations and emotions. If it was a science, you would be able to "solve" it and there would be specific lines which would work every time, but that's simply not true. It's an art because it has to do with beauty, emotion, and subjective experience more than facts, repetition, and predictable outcomes.

It's an art because it has to do with beauty, emotion, and subjective experience more than facts, repetition, and predictable outcomes.
...and you have to pay to attend "art" school. (n):poop:

Reactions: just4fun
I think our sadly unfree compatriot merely wanted to slur practitioners as "puss", along with delivering his "no brainer" backhander. Poor Sinapse's understanding of the criminal psyche seems fortunately to have been sacrificed in favour of understanding that of the female!

Tokyo Adult Guide sadly seems to be devolving into "Tokyo whoremongers vs Tokyo players" of late, and with most of the regulars and admins falling into the former camp the seductionist camp's future is not looking promising.

it is definitely not a science because it deals with human relations and emotions. If it was a science, you would be able to "solve" it and there would be specific lines which would work every time, but that's simply not true.

I am with @Ascent in thinking that @Hamerare was making a word play rather than being serious, but fwiiw and in any case, the above quote is a TERRIBLE way to define science or distinguish it from non-science! I think you'd be very hard pressed indeed to find a working research scientist who agree with anything close to that. And, of course, psychologists would be particularly surprised to hear that science doesn't deal with human relationships and emotions. Just sayin'.

-Ww

Reactions: Midlife Crisis
I'm frankly surprised you are still here commenting about pua after your last post which displayed your true opinion on the matter was swiftly deleted by the mods.

I'm frankly surprised you are still here commenting about pua after your last post which displayed your true opinion on the matter was swiftly deleted by the mods.

Uhhh...to whom are you speaking?

But whomever it is, a deleted post rarely has the effect of causing a TAGer to stop expressing himself on a topic, nor is it intended to do so as far as I understand it.

-Ww

Sorry, I was addressing the original poster; for some reason my quotes don't work on this device.

FYI the original poster popped up in my appreciation thread a few times the last he stated some very nasty comments that were off the mark but showed his complete dismissive view of everything valued in this sub forum. Lucky for him his dufus post was bonked.

I don't think paying women for sex is a great idea but I don't waste my time commenting this on the subforums here that address this. I suggest that he should do the same and gtfo

Reactions: Sinapse
I am with @Ascent in thinking that @Hamerare was making a word play rather than being serious, but fwiiw and in any case, the above quote is a TERRIBLE way to define science or distinguish it from non-science! I think you'd be very hard pressed indeed to find a working research scientist who agree with anything close to that. And, of course, psychologists would be particularly surprised to hear that science doesn't deal with human relationships and emotions. Just sayin'.

-Ww

My point is that in science ours repeatable and the observer matters little and in art the observer and his way of observing the world is arguably ALL that matters. Anyway I don't really want to get into it at this point..

Yeah as for the OP he has tried to evolve his trolling into more and more distant and masked criticisms but his envy for the amount we get laid is apparent. Keep hating, haters!

My point is that in science ours repeatable and the observer matters little and in art the observer and his way of observing the world is arguably ALL that matters. Anyway I don't really want to get into it at this point..

Yeah as for the OP he has tried to evolve his trolling into more and more distant and masked criticisms but his envy for the amount we get laid is apparent. Keep hating, haters!
(sigh)

Reactions: John Chavers

Envy for the amount you get laid? That is hilarious. After spending last 40 minutes scrolling tbru this forum and reading about the experiences of various dudes loitering train stations and harassing women for numbers.. only to get a handful of dates and virtually no sex to show for it.. Envy is probably the last emotion that comes to mind. Sadness would be a lot more accurate description.

It's pretty simple really.. Talk to girls if you want to. Don't if you don't. But if you don't, don't complain about your lack of sex life

Reactions: meiji