Question for the girls: Young cock or experienced?

Aw, it may need a bit more explanation.

Suppose there is a film sequence which consists of 3 scenes. The first scene begins with a woman going into a toilet in her office building. She sits on the toilet seat and starts peeing. The following second scene begins with the closeup shot of a man's face, opening his mouth full. Then it shows that the man is lying on the bed naked, facing up the woman who is also naked and standing above him. She pisses on his face but he keeps his mouth open. The third scene begins with the closeup shot of the woman's face. She then silently finishing her business, flushes the toilet and goes back to the office. What the viewers see the plot of the film in the sequence of scenes 1, 2, 3.

The viewers would feel "WTF?" Some may assume the woman was daydreaming her desire in the toilet. Some may assume the woman was recollecting her past experience. Whichever case, the viewers need to reconstruct the sequence of events in a realistic chronological way from what they are watching. This reconstructed narrative is the story. A film always has both its plot and story.

This being said, I think I understand, and actually like, the OP's view on Totoro - which doesn't need much guessing or assuming to be absorbed into as if there is no story over the plot. The film student probably tried to get an upper hand by being a pedantic show-off.

Now intercut those with seemingly unrelated scenes of "a day in the life" of what appears at first to be an unrelated character and you've become the Toilet Tarantino! Lets call it Piss Fiction why not?

But Tonari no Totoro does have a story. It's the story of how a mystical beast helped this girl find her lost sister by using a cat bus. The one minute of suspense before she was found had many kids in tears back when they first saw it.

Yeah but that part of finding Mei was only in the last minutes of the film.

It sounds like you weren't trying to diffuse any friction there probably because you have some weird hang up about this guys age. Personally I don't think age matters, I've had mind blowing sex with a 21 year old as well as a 50 year old. Sometimes older guys can be more mature which is a plus and sometimes younger guys can be hotter which is also a plus (sometimes it can be the other way around). Be open to trying all the flavours that are out there, I say.

Yeah, I do not have anything against young people, but I know it sounds like that. Sorry for that.

You should re-read Ebert's review. Your SO's friend is with him because he's not a moron who starts fights in public because he misunderstood a movie review.

No, I'm certain I read it well and of course I have seen the film many times myself.

This is off topic, but I guess the argument was caused by misunderstanding.

If he was a film student, he may have read a heavily influential textbook “Film Art: an introduction" by Bordwell and Thompson. This textbook says, in a film narrative, a series of events are linked over cause and effect, time, and space, but not all of them are shown in the film. Part of the narrative is left for viewers to infer or assume. In the narrative, the plot is defined as everything that is visibly and audibly presented in the film where the sequence is not necessarily chronological and non-diegetic images and sounds are often presented with it. The story is a sequence of all events, usually chronological, viewers infer or assume out of the plot presented before them. He may have just not been able to take "no story"-"not plot" argument and he tried to tell you what he was taught in the class, but I'm not sure.

Oh shit I think you are right, thanks for this man!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Theres something in that story which I wanted to ask from the beginning: your SO’s niece is 45 , so I assume she’s around 60-70. And you are maybe older. Which is not a problem of course , but don’t you think that a bit of jealousy is at play here?
No judgment by the way: when I see 20-something idiots with hot ladies I just want to ... well, you don’t really want to know :D

So the niece is 45, my SO and I are 39.

Reactions: Acid Burn
These are not mutually exclusive.

Plenty of guys at 25 or even (a lot) younger that have had more sex and given more orgasms than others will in their entire lives. Same goes for women.

Being a 50 year old guy doesnt automatically make you good in bed, more interesting or more interested in your partner. Im guessing a significant amount of the older guys who last longer in bed last longer because it simply takes them longer to cum.

No but I think most of us here, get a lot of experience and try out out a lot of stuff. I think that makes us better. I think, I'm not sure.
To be honest, if you look like Brad Pitt or Natalie Dormer and you are 15, you probably get more action than a generic person.

Yeah but that part of finding Mei was only in the last minutes of the film.

If you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. Tonari no Totoro is more about visuals and wonder to inspire young kids, not good story telling that'll engage adult viewers who have forgotten what it's like to be a kid.

Reactions: statrosa
Not that usual, especially in big families. I've got a friend with an uncle who's younger than he is.

Yep, I have an aunt who's younger than me.

Did you ask him what the plot of the movie was in his opinion?
Now i am curious because i never really thought if it has a plot or not.

I guess my favorite would be Spirited Away because its set in a soapland. ;)
yeah I was thinking the same, what's the plot according to him ?

Spirited Away is the English name for Sento Chihiro ? Never thought it was a soapland ! now I have to try soapland and rewatch it :D

yeah I was thinking the same, what's the plot according to him ?

Spirited Away is the English name for Sento Chihiro ? Never thought it was a soapland ! now I have to try soapland and rewatch it :D
Its not exactly a soapland i guess, maybe more like a bath house with staff. But its a funny thought ;)