Guest viewing is limited

Quick question about Omiai

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonGRAY

TAG Member
Reaction score
I finally decided to buy premium membership. As a premium member I thought you would get a few free points per day but nope. Ended up buying some points aswell. The free points you get for completing your profile I used to send additional likes early on. Foolish, but I didn't know they were so valuable.

Question: how many mails do I need to send before I can send my LINE ID? It's not allowed in the first mail ofc, but in the second mail I got an error saying that the keyword LINE and ID was blocked. I'm asking because I do not want to waste more points than needed as I'm not going to buy more. (Yes I'm dutch and frugal :p)

I figured it out. Sending messages does not cost any points. Points can be used to highlight your profile, send special likes and some other stuff. Problem solved. Topic can be closed.

Last edited:
So you buy the 4,800円 a month membership and on top of that you also have to buy points? What does this app have that is so incredible that they can afford to be so much more expensive than all the competition?

So you buy the 4,800円 a month membership and on top of that you also have to buy points? What does this app have that is so incredible that they can afford to be so much more expensive than all the competition?

You actually don't need to buy any points at all. I read that in a review but looks like that person was wrong or they changed it.

Unlike Japancupid and simular western sites there are no visa and gaijin hunters who want to live abroad or looking for free english lessons (main reasons why I prefer a japanese only app)

400 likes in 2-3 months. Over 1000+ who visited my profile. I started deleting likes and stopped looking who viewed my profile cause just too many. The userbase is just so much bigger. On JC with identical profile (written in japanese) and pic I get maybe 5 profile views a day on Omiai it's like 50 to 100 views a day (I stopped counting)

Been on JC for many years and always felt the women are the japanese lost dogs that nobody wants. Sorry if that sounds disrespectful, but my honest opinion. Lots of visa hunters, unattractive women and girls with mental issues.

Because the app requires age verification with japanese passport / residence card / health insurance you'll have less competition aswell from all those thirsty gaijin not living in Japan wich is not the main reason but it's kinda nice aswell :p

If you guys are interested let me know and I'll write a more detailed review. I'm currently on 10 different apps/sites to see wich ones are worth the money.

PS: On Omiai you can't see anyone who's in your Facebook by default wich is nice and there is also a feature for premium members where nobody can see your profile. Only the ones you viewed or messaged. Wich is great if you're married and looking for some fun. Ofcourse who would do such a horrible thing.. :whistle:

Last edited:
I also noticed that I'm getting tons of people matching with me and sending me messages that I can't read since I don't have an account, which seems to be exponentially more than on OKC or Tinder.

The reason I'm reluctant to try it is that given the name of the app, I suppose most if not all of these women are looking for marriage.

I also noticed that I'm getting tons of people matching with me and sending me messages that I can't read since I don't have an account, which seems to be exponentially more than on OKC or Tinder.

The reason I'm reluctant to try it is that given the name of the app, I suppose most if not all of these women are looking for marriage.

You're right Omiai was made for serious relationships leading to marriage but no matter the site/app the endgame for all japanese women is marriage/baby so it doesn't really matter IMO. Even the easy hook ups are looking for marriage. Difference with omiai atleast they don't try to trap you into one :p

JC is full of weirdos and traps I reactivated my profile today:

001.png

002.png

003.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Des Esseintes
JC has a very narrow member base in my experience. After a few weeks it felt like I had run out of people to match with.
The trouble with omiai is that it seems to be Japanese girls only. I think I'll give it a go anyway if only to practice my Japanese.

What I don't understand is why there's a x2, x5, x10... next to the いいね!button depending on the girl. Is it more expensive to like the more popular ones? Since you say you don't need to buy points it doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeonGRAY
JC has a very narrow member base in my experience. After a few weeks it felt like I had run out of people to match with.
The trouble with omiai is that it seems to be Japanese girls only. I think I'll give it a go anyway if only to practice my Japanese.

What I don't understand is why there's a x2, x5, x10... next to the いいね!button depending on the girl. Is it more expensive to like the more popular ones? Since you say you don't need to buy points it doesn't make sense to me.

Right. JC doesn’t have alot of active members and lots of good women delete their profile because there are so many scammers and perverts. Everytime I reactivate I see the same faces again. It’s kinda funny in a way.

The different 'iine' price on Omiai depends on your popularity. That’s the only problem I have with Omiai. Nobody going to spend 10 likes for 1 person. After awhile the only likes you get is if your profile appears on their 'free picks of the day' and ofc when they press ‘arigatou’ when you send them a ‘iine’. They can also see how many total ‘iine’ you received wich is very bad because they will lose confidence or think you're a serial dater and not serious.. but alot of japanese apps have that.

Every ‘iine’ you receive adds up to your total even if you decline and I haven't found a way to manipulate your stats. So I just started to accept all. Even if they have no pic. No reason not to. I made a female profile to search how many ‘iine’ I cost (lol) but I couldn’t find my profile.. very strange.

I just used this app to check it out. It’s expensive and wasn’t really planning on paying, but there was this one woman who caught my eye and I upgraded for her. I’m not really looking for hookups that end nowhere and want something serious so we exchanged 4 mails and told her to add me in mail #4 but haven’t heard from her for 2 days.. fingers crossed. Kinda sucks but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Des Esseintes
Thanks for the detailed explanation. So basically it's like all the other apps, lots of activity in the beginning until it kinda dies down. I've restarted my OKC profile a couple of times and noticed that on both occasions.

I take it the membership gives you a certain number of "いいね!" to spend and then if you want more you have to buy some extra?

Anyway I hope it works for you with that woman.

Reactions: LeonGRAY
Thanks for the detailed explanation. So basically it's like all the other apps, lots of activity in the beginning until it kinda dies down. I've restarted my OKC profile a couple of times and noticed that on both occasions.

I take it the membership gives you a certain number of "いいね!" to spend and then if you want more you have to buy some extra?

Anyway I hope it works for you with that woman.

You'll receive less likes because of your popularity, but there's still lots of activity. You get a random amount of free likes everyday. Not sure the amount though. If you keep logging in you'll get a bonus on 3rd day(?) on top of your daily amount or maybe a daily bonus aslong as you keep logging in everyday not sure the exact details. IMO more than enough. I need to write so many mails and reply to several girls but haven't got around to it and don't want to send copy/paste mails.

It took some effort but finally managed to get that women added to my LINE (y) I guess sometimes you gotta take it very slow. Not my style. I almost unmatched her :ROFLMAO:

I need an app dedicated to fixed period relationships.
You'd set in advance the maximum number of months you want the relationship to last and when you have a match you date that person and leave after the said period.
No headache, no drama.

I need an app dedicated to fixed period relationships.
You'd set in advance the maximum number of months you want the relationship to last and when you have a match you date that person and leave after the said period.
No headache, no drama.

What's stopping you from entering a relationship and breaking up / ghosting when you reach your "said period"? lol

You're so weird.. what you need is P4P.

Edit: Close my topic please it's going offtopic and my question is answered ^^

Last edited:
At the request of the OP, this thread is closed as the topic has been covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.