Random Discussion Thread

I didn't want to create another thread for something "Random" .. so here it is.

Just got off a long flight today, it is after 1AM, I'm in Europe, my tummy hurts and I need to wake up in less than 6 hours for a full day of meetings.. :sour::cry:

/Whining

Just got off a long flight today, it is after 1AM, I'm in Europe, my tummy hurts and I need to wake up in less than 6 hours for a full day of meetings.. :sour::cry:

/Whining
Suck it up. I just finished 'days' of travel. :eek:

/Whining

I'll be on that boat in a few months, work has me traveling all over the place (to places I don't want to go) in May, I'll share in your pain soon brotha!

I just bricked my tablet, and can't find an SD card reader to copy a new ROM onto my micro SD card.... Sad panda is sad. :(

I just bricked my tablet, and can't find an SD card reader to copy a new ROM onto my micro SD card.... Sad panda is sad. :(
Cross my fingers, I've not bricked a device in quite sometime. :censored:
Good luck getting it back...

Cross my fingers, I've not bricked a device in quite sometime. :censored:
Good luck getting it back...

Kinda rough right now, because the tablet just boot loops. Worse, it's not charging or being recognized by my computer. Trying to find a way to flash via micro SD card, but that doesn't appear to be possible. Only thing I can do is get into the recovery manager, yet nothing there seems to work... Gonna take it home to play with it a bit more right now, since I've probably installed 5 different drivers for it on my laptop. Hopefully a "fresh" computer will recognize it again...

Fortunately, it's a piece of junk that cost me 2-3000Y a number of years ago. Not really worried about the loss, except I already bought a 2 way mirror of it's size for use in a project... =P

Reactions: TAG Manager
Then you are not trying hard enough :p.
Haha... I actually rely heavily on the devices I carry everyday. I generally don't tinker the ones that I need to earn money with to survive!

That all said... I have this Lenovo Thinkpad (X series) that I take damn near everywhere and it just keeps on ticking after almost 5 years of heavy daily usage. I did swap out the HDD for an SSD and I didn't add unnecessary crap such as a webcam, so less to break? It's a complete workhorse and I still can get ~7-8 hours of good work out of the battery before I need to plug it in.

Now, I'm considering changing over to a MacBook Pro because I sincerely do not Windows 10 or anything else between 7 and 10. It used to be that some of my work couldn't be done natively on the Mac, but that's all changed where now all I need is a special VD client, which is (now) available on the MacOS. I'm not retiring my Thinkpad just yet, but I'm considering options...

I have an iPad and iPhone, but the iPhone (6) and Thinkpad take the most abuse. I've been extremely lucky that I've had nearly zero issue with my productivity devices. (y)

Now... this portable GPS unit on the other hand... worst thing I've ever bought. It works fine as a GPS and Navi unit for Japanese roads but it bricks itself and it has to be reset which dumps all my custom map points and POI saves.

And that's me when the GPS fucks up..
Code:
https://youtu.be/mYuF3T7s7XY?t=1m10s
Damn parser strips out the start marker, boooo...

Reactions: MikeH
Suck it up. I just finished 'days' of travel. :eek:

I'll be on that boat in a few months, work has me traveling all over the place (to places I don't want to go) in May, I'll share in your pain soon brotha!

I'm just being a little whiny as I have a bit of a stomachs bug and have been in the air a lot recently. I probably flew like nearly 120k miles last year.. I wouldn't trade it for the world.. But some days! :oldman:

And, ew, MacBooks...

Reactions: AliceInWonderland