Random pictures in japan you took!

Greeting cards have all been sent
The Christmas rush is through
But I still have one wish to make
A special one for you

Merry Christmas, TAG comrades!

Photo taken while waiting for a taxi at Shangri-La Hotel in Marunouchi.
71394489-3CC4-4381-A670-F31AE8A30C26.jpeg

@AMcguyver
That someday will come soon, I hope!
Funny when you are in Japan, I am always in your country.

I know - it’s always like the powers that be just don’t want it to happen. ;)

Photo is at some convenience store in Tokyo a while ago. Coke with coffee flavor. Not sure about that.

:LOL: I was looking at that exact thing minutes after taking the meltykiss pic, thinking if I wanted to take a can home with me (but couldn’t since we had already checked our bags in)

Reactions: Manami TMK
It has been two weeks since my last trip to Tokyo and I miss it so much, especially dining with two of my favorite people in the world.
Whether it’s at a fancy restaurant, a family eatery at a mall or a neighborhood izakaya, I consider these meals with my lovely companions absolutely precious.
Here are a few of the delicious dishes from my recent visit.

48F0E732-11E9-4E79-BD2B-734158899EF1.jpeg

156D61D2-E3D0-4535-BBB9-1223D55BA9CB.jpeg

302A49F6-5D8D-4B9C-829B-F5BDD67636B9.jpeg

56C2C6A8-0092-4C2D-A9D0-7497FAC066A1.jpeg

FCED10BF-77DF-46D0-AC07-2D6B9C6C72CD.jpeg

CA6F7C07-99DF-449B-837F-A74B413842F5.jpeg

Motomachi Chuukagai
Sorry for the bad photo quality.
I was in Yokohama today for an appointment and had some free time to walk around & explore. So many different visuals and scents intertwine in Chinatown.

Believe this: the best is yet to come.

View from the 31/F of Tokyo Skytree
View attachment 9795
Wow. I do believe I can spot my place in that pic. I have a pretty clear view of Skytree... the circular lights at night are mesmorizing in the window. :p

@Simonka , I have daikon ashi.;) They’re so white I can use them as reflectors on my photoshoots. :LOL:
Hmm ok. Also the rare situation when I don’t know what’s underneath those pants :D

Reactions: AMcguyver
View attachment 9829

Motomachi Chuukagai
Sorry for the bad photo quality.
I was in Yokohama today for an appointment and had some free time to walk around & explore. So many different visuals and scents intertwine in Chinatown.

Saw this at 2am, now I’m hungry for some shoronpo... :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Isn't that the lost and found office?

Yeah, it is my bad, I lost the envelop with more than 100k donation in it on a street but some Japanese guy kindly turned it into his near by police station. Love japan.

Yeah, it is my bad, I lost the envelop with more than 100k donation in it on a street but some Japanese guy kindly turned it into his near by police station. Love japan.

Wow. That is great that in Japan people still do kind things like that. ( ◠‿◠ )

Decades ago when I was a uni kid I found a wad of bills in the street. I think it was 70k in 10k bills. Just the money, nothing else. It was a small quiet street with several snack pubs around and after some thought I realised I probably saw the persons who dropped them.

There was this couple that passed me by a couple of minutes before. The young guy was very handsome and his companion much older lady in expensive clothes. I first thought they were a mother and a son but after seeing the money I realised the guy was speaking in a way too polite Japanese to her.

I turned back and tried to find them but I guess they had gone in to one of the snacks and didn't see them anymore. I figured the guy is going to have to earn that money so I walked to the closest police box in just two blocks away and gave them the story. I gave them the details about the guy but skipped the older lady and they dutifully scripted everything down and off I was.

Much to my surprise I got a letter three months later to come to the police station. After going there they unceremoniously handed me the money as nobody had claimed it. Was totally baffled by the whole thing but as it was p4p money to begin with I decided it must not be wasted and promptly used it for the same purposes.

Last edited:
I think it was 70k in Was totally baffled by the whole thing but as it was p4p money to begin with I decided it must not be wasted and promptly used it for the same purposes.

Hope you gave him a big tip :)

Reactions: MikeH
Reactions: namae
Much to my surprise I got a letter three months later to come to the police station. After going there they unceremoniously handed me the money as nobody had claimed it. Was totally baffled by the whole thing but as it was p4p money to begin with I decided it must not be wasted and promptly used it for the same purposes.

Interesting story. And I’m glad the good karma came back to you