Random pictures in japan you took!

24515D87-74C3-4614-AF81-EDE6A76B3A23.jpeg
The Reinheitsgebot (German pronunciation: [ˈʁaɪnhaɪtsɡəboːt], literally "purity order"), is a series of regulations limiting the ingredients in beer in Germany and the states of the former Holy Roman Empire. The best known version of the law was adopted in Bavaria in 1516, but similar regulations predate the Bavarian order, and modern regulations also significantly differ from the 1516 Bavarian version.

"Furthermore, we wish to emphasize that in future in all cities, market-towns and in the country, the only ingredients used for the brewing of beer must be Barley, Hops and Water. Whosoever knowingly disregards or transgresses upon this ordinance, shall be punished by the Court authorities' confiscating such barrels of beer, without fail."

Some American beers also contain rice. Hell, Bud Light even boasts about its ingredients including rice. Go figure.

I actually live in Yamaguchi, just as inaka. I drove up to Sakaminato just because. On the drive there and back I came across houses that were in the deepest reaches of BFE. Not that far into it because you could be in a decent sized town/city within an hours drive or so. It is not like BFE is Wyoming, Montane, etc. Maybe it seems much more isolated than some places in the US just because heavy urbanization is not that far away.

Damn, man...coincidences adding up. Yamaguchi is where the other half of my family comes from. Still have the family farm right across the water from the airstrip in Iwakuni. Tell me the Marine Corps didn't stick you out there??

I haven't dragged my ass back down there in at least six or seven years, even though the relatives are always extending invitations. I could definitely see myself dying of alcoholism in a field somewhere if I were forced to stay. A couple of my buddies got stationed out there way back when, and that was the main reason they didn't re-up. And I spent a couple years in what I suppose could be considered BFE, about thirty minutes outside Cheyenne...and I think I'd prefer WY. At least they've got those rural/cowgirl types that'll fuck you just out of boredom. I remember I once asked an uncle why there weren't any young girls around in Iwakuni. He told me the ones that are even half-decent looking flee to Osaka or Tokyo as soon as they graduate high school to try and get married so they'll never have to come back again.

1. Please don’t exceed the capacity. (“Let’s protect the capacity” would be word by word translation)

2. Please don’t drop gum, cigarettes or small rocks (小石?) on the sliding door gap.

3. Don’t rush, or jump inside.

4. Please don’t press unnecessary buttons.

5. Please don’t open the doors by force. (If you have a better translation for muri I’m happy to hear)

6. Don’t let small children use the elevator by themselves.

7. If the door doesn’t open by itself please make a contact with someone outside by inter phone (phone). Please don’t panic and wait. (Please wait without panicking? Please remain calm and wait? I’m not a linguistic major h
Another point is needed:
8. Please take the next elevator down as you have just missed your floor by reading the instructions.

Reactions: Simonka
View attachment 15858
Some American beers also contain rice. Hell, Bud Light even boasts about its ingredients including rice. Go figure.
If only it was rice that some added ...
A quick search on the web shows that substances like urea, potassium sulfate, sodium benzoate, antifoaming agents, flavor enhancers, sodium citrate, tartaric acid, corn syrup, genetically modified malt and hops, amyloglucosidase enzyme, propylene glycol alginate, chemically modified hop extracts, carbon dioxide, papain enzyme, liquid sugar, potassium metabisulfite, Emka malt—to name are few—are used in beer.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
If only it was rice that some added ...
A quick search on the web shows that substances like urea, potassium sulfate, sodium benzoate, antifoaming agents, flavor enhancers, sodium citrate, tartaric acid, corn syrup, genetically modified malt and hops, amyloglucosidase enzyme, propylene glycol alginate, chemically modified hop extracts, carbon dioxide, papain enzyme, liquid sugar, potassium metabisulfite, Emka malt—to name are few—are used in beer.
A good point for the Germans and their beer purity law then

Im naturally gullible but never swallowed that BS
If by that you mean you've never swallowed Bud Light, I congratulate you, sir, and wish you continued good luck in your avoidance of that foul liquid.

If by that you mean you've never swallowed Bud Light, I congratulate you, sir, and wish you continued good luck in your avoidance of that foul liquid.
Yes. Only the normal Bud, that’s how I knew I’d never believe their BS that this is beer

Reactions: SugoiBoy
小石 is closest to pebble I guess.

But why have they installed unnecessary buttons in the elevator in the first place?

In this case having a better translation than "force" is muri. Though "Please don't force the doors open" sounds better.
Pebbles! Right.

“Please don’t push the buttons if not necessary”
That would be better.
596FD72E-744D-4C7B-9985-2CCAA6BD4B1E.jpeg

Another point is needed:
8. Please take the next elevator down as you have just missed your floor by reading the instructions.

Heh. At least this elevator isn’t as scary as the one in Czech Technical University. (Paternoster lift)

It gets difficult when during a service, you can only take the cabin going upwards, in order to go to a lower floor.

deutscher humor.. ein bisschen spaß muss sein :p

Last edited:
Pebbles! Right.

“Please don’t push the buttons if not necessary”
That would be better.
View attachment 15864

Heh. At least this elevator isn’t as scary as the one in Czech Technical University. (Paternoster lift)
Fond memories. My first work after uni had a paternoster elevator. It was always a bit worrisome but I don’t think I have seen any since.

C6E9E1A3-52E5-4D8E-8681-A716DEBE5C3E.jpeg
When I first saw this sign I kept thinking of cows chewing.

Somebody needs to get fired! Such a terrible translation!

Maybe it's just a special service for the Chinese customers?

I was once staying in a cabin in the woods that had a sign on the wall with four different languages. Three of them explained how to use the heater; the fourth one said "please do not take the towels with you when you leave".

Last night my local base implemented a 24 shelter in place directive to assist in contact tracing due to a rise in cases. I slept in. When I took out the trash I saw this.

C9F1788A-2B3A-4253-BF13-29E500A1D3DF.jpeg