Random pictures in japan you took!

Here’s a panoramic shot of the Tokyo Bay Area taken from the Rainbow Bridge a couple of years ago, as I was rushing to a date in Odaiba.
I must turn once again to the words of that splendid poet W.H. Auden to shine a light on my thoughts during that journey.

All mankind, I fancy,
When anticipating
Anything exciting
Like a rendezvous,
Occupy the time in
Purely random thinking,
For when love is waiting
Logic will not do.

AE9A09CC-38E6-4A40-B3FC-DC3CF297161B.jpeg

Here’s a panoramic shot of the Tokyo Bay Area taken from the Rainbow Bridge a couple of years ago, as I was rushing to a date in Odaiba.
I must turn once again to the words of that splendid poet W.H. Auden to shine a light on my thoughts during that journey.

All mankind, I fancy,
When anticipating
Anything exciting
Like a rendezvous,
Occupy the time in
Purely random thinking,
For when love is waiting
Logic will not do.

View attachment 7607
How nice, I was there for a date this week. Luckily it was in the morning and I took some time to take a long walk in the promenade afterwards.

I miss Yokohama. But I don’t think I’ll ever go back there again.
Sing it, Otis.

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes
Watchin' the ships roll in
Then I watch 'em roll away again
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide, roll away
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

Attachments

• D021A3D8-8D3A-4617-8B55-714645A4C112.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 143
C61CB546-EDAD-4068-9B4A-162C5784D20B.jpeg
519CD76D-BD88-4F80-A583-62B5C1FB5BA2.jpeg
When I walked into this book store at a department store in Ginza, it was love at first sight. The structure of this book store is just architecturally beautiful, the enormous selection of books were insane, and the vast availability in each genre had my eyes looking like a kid in a candy store. I personally love photography and the books they had available in this genre alone had me doing cartwheels. I could easily get lost in this place for hours.

Another snapshot from a trip to Kamakura a couple of years ago.

Glad to know that British author Rudyard Kipling was inspired to write poetry after he visited the place. Here’s the first stanza from his poem:

Oh ye who tread the Narrow Way
By Tophet-flare to Judgment Day,
Be gentle when the "heathen" pray
⁠To Buddha at Kamakura!

EA359156-456E-4A0C-A8DB-9D9B504F8E0A.jpeg

I really like the decorative ceiling installations in Ginza Six, the luxury shopping complex that opened in April last year.
The new decor reminds me of nautical signal flags, while the previous one featured what looked like floating white pumpkins with red polka dots.
Very cool.
F842B466-5836-4476-B19E-7FB69372D0C2.jpeg
122F9946-4353-4782-8F23-DEF252903CC5.jpeg

Shinjuku, tonight. Had to head Kabukicho. Super crowd. I take "Seibu Shinjuku Line", going back home when heading Shinjuku can be a nightmere.

Anyone there tonight?

Attachments

• B9B01CD6-6A17-41D9-B8AC-B26DBC9D89CF.jpeg
    B9B01CD6-6A17-41D9-B8AC-B26DBC9D89CF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119
Shinjuku, tonight. Had to head Kabukicho. Super crowd. I take "Seibu Shinjuku Line", going back home when heading Shinjuku can be a nightmere.

Anyone there tonight?

Fighting through the heart of a Saturday night.

Reactions: Yuriko
A fascinating up-close view of Tokyo Tower. This snapshot was taken during a very nice dinner in The Tower Room, located on the fourth floor at The Place of Tokyo in Minato.View attachment 7894

I love up close photos of the Tokyo tower. Lattice towers not only provide a clear reference point in the silhouette of a city but the steel framework, especially buttresses create the possibility for practically infinite amount of different views!

I love up close photos of the Tokyo tower. Lattice towers not only provide a clear reference point in the silhouette of a city but the steel framework, especially buttresses create the possibility for practically infinite amount of different views!

The architectural lighting design used on the Tokyo Tower helps make the structure more amazing to behold at night.
I’m in awe of Tokyo Skytree, the world’s tallest tower. But Tokyo Tower has an old-school appeal and long history that make it the iconic symbol of the city.

The architectural lighting design used on the Tokyo Tower helps make the structure more amazing to behold at night.
I’m in awe of Tokyo Skytree, the world’s tallest tower. But Tokyo Tower has an old-school appeal and long history that make it the iconic symbol of the city.
Sometimes Tokyo looks too concrete for me, but concrete urban aesthetic paves the way for many possibilities for illumination design :)