Re-Entry Permit with Resident card

Status
Not open for further replies.

John japan

TAG Member
Reaction score
Well this is my first time leaving japan (only 2 weeks) with my Gajin ID. From what I’ve re searched all I do is fill out the “Reentrant” paper stating i plan on coming back to Japan within one year and show my card to the officer. Can anyone confirm this is all I do? I don’t need a special re entry permit in my passport due to me having my Gajin card and me filling out the the “Reentrant” paper?

Thanks In advance to everyone for the help.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
That’s what I thought. I actually have the paper to fill out when I leave too that my friend got me a few weeks ago when he was at the airport and it looks the same in the URL but does not mention special re-entry anywhere.. Just your name etc, intended period out and then saying you will return within one year.

I actually have the paper to fill out when I leave too that my friend got me a few weeks ago when he was at the airport and it looks the same in the URL but does not mention special re-entry anywhere.. Just your name etc, intended period out and then saying you will return within one year.

I believe the form itself has seen already several revisions but at least in my experience they always ask you when you are intending to come back and then remind you to fill it correctly if you have forgotten to mark coming back in a year.

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it. Is there a different line I go into when arriving at immigration?

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it. Is there a different line I go into when arriving at immigration?

Nope, same than any old plebeian unless you have registered your fingerprints for the Automated Gate.

Reactions: Simonka
Last time they asked me "Are you ever coming back to Japan?"

Reactions: MossBoss
There is a separate line, typically one or two desks in between the Japanese and visitor lines.

You are now talking about the lines when entering Japan, right?

Reactions: wazawaza
When returning to Japan... before Immigration que... Orange Sign "Re-Entry Permit" are shown.... go there and make sure you completed the 2nd half of the card used when you departed Japan and checked "return within 1 year"... These lines are usually much shorter too :D

There are 4 different category at the immigration, entering Japan.

Foreigner (visitor)
Foreigner with residence visa (re-entry)
Japanese with Japanese passport
Special residence (特別永住者 in other term, Zainichi 在日 mainly South Korean and North Korean and some Taiwanese who were born and raised in Japan but their grand parents / great grand parents moved to Japan while both south and North Korea and Taiwan was part of Japan during would war 2. )

For the re-entry permit, when leaving, you simply fill out the provided card at the airport, before approaching the immigration officer. They will staple one half in your passport. On return, use the (usually very short and very fast) "re-entry permit" line at immigration. Done.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Status
Not open for further replies.