Guest viewing is limited

Reason to go to a Japanese Baseball Game?

roots reggae

Officially Unverified
Reaction score
I've never been that interested in baseball. It's a boring game.

In the previous century, I did make it to a few American Major League games.

The most exciting was the first. I was in a boarding high school and on some sort of athletic team; I forget which.

It was the San Francisco Giants vs. Los Angeles Dodgers. I did not realize I was watching baseball legends: Juan Marichal pitching, Willie Mays and Jesus Alou in the outfield, Willy McCovey and Tito Fuentes in the infield.

The only reason to go after that was because of women, two in Oakland one in Atlanta. I do not remember any of those games. I do recall, hitting a home run each time.:LOL:

So, today I'm reading my favorite source of Japanese News the former RocketNew24, now SoraNews 24, and the following article caught my eye:
Japanese beer-vending girl refill teams have the speed and precision of an F-1 pit crew

Wow, I never knew such angels existed! They must have such nice thighs.:p

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/08/25/japanese-beer-vending-girl-refill-teams-have-the-speed-and-precision-of-an-f-1-pit-crew【video】/

And some pics I found:

541683867_f063e4390b.jpg
1034659004_162e5e362f_b.jpg
Beer-girl.jpg
yomiuri-giants-draught-beer.jpg
sp-wayne-a-20160925.jpg

So, has anyone been to a Japanese baseball game? What are they like? Are the Beer Girls hot?

So, has anyone been to a Japanese baseball game? What are they like? Are the Beer Girls hot?

Yes, but as you said too I find the game itself to be very very boring. The only good part of the event was the beer girls. They are young, sporty and they have a huge amounts of beers strapped in their back; so obviously they are hot!

I never cared - in the slightest - about baseball but I went to a couple games just to hang out and drink in a different setting.

The one of my kids decided to joint a local grade-school team. So I go to practice regularly - and I have even learned some of the rules.

So now I'm interested in going to a game both for my kid and to be served beer by one of those beer angels. Heck, I might even watch the game.

If you guys think baseball is boring ... try watching cricket ! (And yeah I'm not going to make new friends with the Brits and possibly Indians here but sorry ... documentaries on the life of Intestinal worms are way more interesting)

If you guys think baseball is boring ... try watching cricket ! (And yeah I'm not going to make new friends with the Brits and possibly Indians here but sorry ...

But you know, after you have conquered the whole world but you still need an excuse to give to the wife to be able to go out with the lads for several days... I am sure inventing cricket seemed like a very good idea at the time!

... you still need an excuse to give to the wife to be able to go out with the lads for several days... I am sure inventing cricket seemed like a very good idea at the time!
Yeah, it's not like anybody wko wasn't born to the sport could ever raise enough interest to understand the rules. So you KNOW she will never want to join you.

Reactions: MikeH and Frenchy
You absolutely should go. Almost everything about it is better than American baseball, it's too bad you haven't seen more games to be able to appreciate the improvement.

The crowd, the food, the chants, the other weird wacky stuff and most of all the beer angels. The beer sucks of course, but you can drink it fast and order another one (or get the frozen beer on a hot day).

I should qualify that by saying, "if you like Japan, Japanese people and trying new things." Someone who stays in their hotel room and orders room service won't like it.

I went to a baseball game while I was over and it was a ton of fun, and I hate baseball for the most part.

Good food, beer girls, cool chants, everyone seemed to be having a good time. The beer girls were so fucking cute.

Going to probably go again next year!

I've been to both pro games and high school games at Koshien.
I can't stand baseball, but if you're there with a group then you can have a lot of fun.

FYI the beer girls are often working on commission depending how much they sell.

My standard modus oprendi is to get a few drinks from several girls in the first few innings, then choose one I like and have her come back at the end of each second inning.

Last one I did this with was a uni student from Okinawa who looked like Ai Miyasato the golfer. Cool girl who knew how to take a joke and gave back as good as she got.

Don't really follow sports in general, but I do enjoy going to games once in a while. I happened to go to a game while I was in Tokyo last month, and the atmosphere far more energetic overall compared to games in America. To those visiting Japan, I totally recommend going to a game if baseball interests you at all.

As for the beer girls, is it true that a lot of them are ok with you taking their pictures? I think the idea is that the publicity that the pics might get if posted online might grab attention of some talent/model agencies. I mean, it worked with Nonoka Ono!
f603bba1cc195bcf25eb09dbcb2322f1.jpg

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I've been to a few Japan baseball games and very much more entertaining the one in the states.

I've been to a few Japan baseball games and very much more entertaining the one in the states.

Yeah, that is pretty much like saying going to the dentist is better if they use anaesthesia than if they don't.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland