Guest viewing is limited

Recent Breakup and Taking a Trip Soon.

Billbobaggi

TAG Member
Reaction score
As someone who is very afraid of rejection and failure, I had one of my biggest missteps recently. A Japanese girl who I was seeing recently broke up with me out of the blue right after I told her I had plans to come visit Japan. She had spent money on a plane ticket to see me and we had a great time together. My Japanese isn't too great, but also isn't all basic.

I'm still planning on going to Japan with the goal of putting myself out there to meet more people. Although as with my experience abroad before, it is quite difficult to find people outside of bars and clubs. I'm not too much of a night guy, but I can enjoy it from time to time depending on my mood. I was reading the forums and was impressed by all the advice coming from this community. I would like some advice on dealing with my breakup while also enjoying my trip.

Are there places where I should hang out?

Whats the most comfortable places to meet new people?

And in general, how do you cope with that horrible breakup feeling?

Rejection.jpg

There is little info to go by but many girls have boyfriends overseas especially in large cities they love to visit(NYC, LA, Paris, Lon, Syd, Hawaii). Your role might have been her escape from Japan. The ghosting & breaking up with no explanation does not get better over here.
Take the trip have fun & enjoy.

Any place where you can give away free English speaking lessons.
If your Japanese isn't that good and you want to have fun with girls don't even try talking to them in Japanese.
And tell everyone you're just visiting.
That's the easiest route to a one night stand.

Find comfort in telling yourself big lies that you want to believe in.

Reactions: ur19877
Best cure for a break-up: find someone else to break-up with :D

You should hang out with people in your own country. If you need to come to Japan to meet people and if you date Japanese girls before you have dated a lot of girls from your now country and culture, then there might be a problem. Think about it.

As someone who is very afraid of rejection and failure, I had one of my biggest missteps recently. A Japanese girl who I was seeing recently broke up with me out of the blue right after I told her I had plans to come visit Japan. She had spent money on a plane ticket to see me and we had a great time together. My Japanese isn't too great, but also isn't all basic.

I'm still planning on going to Japan with the goal of putting myself out there to meet more people. Although as with my experience abroad before, it is quite difficult to find people outside of bars and clubs. I'm not too much of a night guy, but I can enjoy it from time to time depending on my mood. I was reading the forums and was impressed by all the advice coming from this community. I would like some advice on dealing with my breakup while also enjoying my trip.

Just by realizing that one has to face more difficult problem than that (might be later in their life) compared to "pity breaking up problem"

death of loved ones, getting fired, business failure, mortgage problem etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: Majestyk
Best cure for a break up is time... More immediate coping... Accept it and move on... I mean look at what u enjoyed about the relationship and be glad u had that experience with another human being.. I know ur ego, soul, heart is bruised now but.. That's what made the relationship enjoyable... Putting yourself out there...
If u want to meet people and not into the night scene... In Tokyo coffee shops can be a place where u can start a conversation... Just don't be creepy about it. And if they are too shy or don't speak Eigo.. It's OK.. Try ur Japanese... Keep it light and try to make her laugh.. Don't pressure too much

There is little info to go by but many girls have boyfriends overseas especially in large cities they love to visit(NYC, LA, Paris, Lon, Syd, Hawaii). Your role might have been her escape from Japan. The ghosting & breaking up with no explanation does not get better over here.

I’ve had the most irritating experiences of ghosting in Japan.
Live and learn.
Thanks to TAG and its knowledgeable members for providing a sort of coping ecosystem in a place that I’ve grown very fond of. Much obliged.