Guest viewing is limited

Recommendations for restaurants and Bars

Chiyoda

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I wanted to get some rec's from locals living in tokyo, about what their favourite restaurants are, and also their favourite bars are, could be hole in the wall or upscale, and maybe even some Jazz bars too? I've done tons of research myself just wanted to get a locals take. thank you so much :)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I'm not a local myself but I do share the same favourite restaurants as my close friend and business partner. He is a tokyo native and have been living in the same area (Setagaya) for almost 40 years. I've been traveling to Tokyo for 11 years now and I usually stay for 3-4 months and always living in Setagaya. So I would pretty much call it home away from home. I have three places I visit frequently when I'm there and would like to highly recommend them for a visit.

1. La Boheme in Sakurashinmachi. Atleast 4-5 times a week I finish off my evenings at this very nice cafe/restaurant. Their pizzas are great and they have a really nice list of wines. I usually go for a bottle of wine and a couple of beers.

2. Konamon in Sakurashinmachi. This has to be one of the nicest restaurants I have ever seen. It's only just a okonomiyaki but the exterior and the interior are breath taking to say the least. The food is great as well :)

3. Gyukakuyogaten in Yoga. Very good yakiniku. Pretty cheap but great indeed. The beef tongue is my favourite. They don't have a english menu here and aren't very helpful to people who doesn't speak japanese.

I'm not a local myself but I do share the same favourite restaurants as my close friend and business partner. He is a tokyo native and have been living in the same area (Setagaya) for almost 40 years. I've been traveling to Tokyo for 11 years now and I usually stay for 3-4 months and always living in Setagaya. So I would pretty much call it home away from home. I have three places I visit frequently when I'm there and would like to highly recommend them for a visit.

1. La Boheme in Sakurashinmachi. Atleast 4-5 times a week I finish off my evenings at this very nice cafe/restaurant. Their pizzas are great and they have a really nice list of wines. I usually go for a bottle of wine and a couple of beers.

2. Konamon in Sakurashinmachi. This has to be one of the nicest restaurants I have ever seen. It's only just a okonomiyaki but the exterior and the interior are breath taking to say the least. The food is great as well :)

3. Gyukakuyogaten in Yoga. Very good yakiniku. Pretty cheap but great indeed. The beef tongue is my favourite. They don't have a english menu here and aren't very helpful to people who doesn't speak japanese.
thank you so much, i'm kinda jealous you get to live in tokyo for such a long time, I can only say the same kind of schedule about living in Ningbo China for 2 months every year for the past 8 years. again thank you for the suggestions, any crazy/cool bars you've been to?

Reactions: stringen
thank you so much, i'm kinda jealous you get to live in tokyo for such a long time, I can only say the same kind of schedule about living in Ningbo China for 2 months every year for the past 8 years. again thank you for the suggestions, any crazy/cool bars you've been to?

I'm more of a restaurant kinda guy. Nothing against bars though but the bars I usually have been going to are closed. I have one that I visit maybe one time a year and it's called Bull Shit. Located in Yoga and sometimes you can have the time of your life there but most times it's pretty quiet. So no good bar suggestions I guess.

I'm more of a restaurant kinda guy. Nothing against bars though but the bars I usually have been going to are closed. I have one that I visit maybe one time a year and it's called Bull Shit. Located in Yoga and sometimes you can have the time of your life there but most times it's pretty quiet. So no good bar suggestions I guess.
A bar called Bull Shit? Damn I would go there just for the name!

Reactions: stringen and MikeH