Guest viewing is limited

Relationships becoming boring

You must know my wife very well! :D
Maybe we could trade. Mine wrote the book on "I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna do anything except look at my fucking phone".

Reactions: Frenchy
... which you pay for (just a wild guess) :D
Yes indeed, but, I am VERY GOOD at playing "can you top this". A very dangerous game to play with a woman I know but......when you stop caring......all the more fun

Top or stop?
PS: hey maybe she’s sexting with @MikeH all the time... ask him to contribute to the phone bill at least
Top. when i cared I could stop but not anymore.

Maybe Mikes got a 3p going with our so called wives. Better him than me

Top. when i cared I could stop but not anymore.

Maybe Mikes got a 3p going with our so called wives. Better him than me

Im not sure he would have so much fun with mine tbh, however mesmerizing the BO is...

So “can you top this?” Means you try to show even less interest than her, is that it?
Playing video games non-stop or similar?

Can you top this =

In a negative sense of course

Imo it is almost always useless and counter-productive to try to figure out who is to blame when any significant relationship goes bad. In most cases doing so has no good consequences. And very likely you are both somewhat to blame.

But if you must have an answer, I'd advise blaming yourself. It will almost surely surprise your partner (which is an advantage), and it gives you the chance of learning something valuable for the future. If it wasn't (significantly) your fault in reality, nothing much is lost.

However, if the same sort of thing goes wrong in a whole series of your relationships, it probably is your fault directly or indirectly (meaning that you are attracted to people whose flaws you cannot long tolerate).

-Ww

I still get fooled by the bait and switch in relationships

I still get fooled by the bait and switch in relationships
How do you define b&s? For me (but im not a native) it just means when someone is not as good as advertised or just not the same person completely, but you have probably a broader meaning in mind?

How do you define b&s? For me (but im not a native) it just means when someone is not as good as advertised or just not the same person completely, but you have probably a broader meaning in mind?

You're not a native what?

I mean, beginning of the relationship everything is great......but after you take the next step then slowly but surely things start to turn to shit (as you well know)

I've had a couple of fantastic relationships that i know "I" fucked up cause I thought "well, if I can get this...then I can probably get something better/hotter" but the asshole that i am couldn't smell the coffee till it was to late.

LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Of this planet, I assume he means. Remember the Cone Heads from the early years of SNL? "We are from France!" :D

I mean, beginning of the relationship everything is great......but after you take the next step then slowly but surely things start to turn to shit (as you well know)

Everything ends, as you know and often point out, my friend. If it is good enough for a time, it was well worth having Imo and experience, even if it doesn't last. As the good doctor (Seuss) said, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Easier said than done of course.

-Ww

I've had a couple of fantastic relationships that i know "I" fucked up cause I thought "well, if I can get this...then I can probably get something better/hotter" but the asshole that i am couldn't smell the coffee till it was to late.

Native english speaker , I meant.
Well im not sure “bait and switch” is the right expression for what you just described then. More like FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Which we all have to some degree (ladies included... especially ladies on SA I noticed... there’s always a richer guy out there must be their motto!)

Reactions: just4fun
Everything costs something that's for sure.

Ww, I'm not complaining in the least.

Life is for most just memories and sorrow. I have more good memories than bad.......

Well, I made a big mistake with the one I'm with now but there's really no getting away from it and......well.......oh well.....I made the bed so may as well sleep.........on the couch

Well, I made a big mistake with the one I'm with now but there's really no getting away from it and......well.......oh well.....I made the bed so may as well sleep.........on the couch
Even in the depth of despair my friend, remember we always have booze , a dick and two hands :D

Even in the depth of despair my friend, remember we always have booze , a dick and two hands :D
I wanna like this more than just once.
hahaha

Yes, the booze has been flowing all summer like even I have a hard time imagining.

Reactions: Wwanderer
I sense no despair in @just4fun posts... just realization of his situation and how he entertains himself in that situation. I applaud him for his approach and honesty ! ! (insert clapping hands emoji here) :D
When you care and try to sort out the problems (via talking to SO, counseling, or whatever) and it still doesn't seem to work then best to have "Whatever" attitude otherwise you go crazy.. this assumes that divorce is not an option... or at least not an option you want to take (Financial, Children, etc)... so next best thing is to be a thorn or ignore... both have pro's and con's...

In the past, when my SO was seeking a compliment, I would always give an observation.. ie: do these jeans make me look fat ? I would reply, Honey, I don't think the jeans have anything to do with that.. it's what's inside the jeans... :rolleyes: and like clockwork, a huff and puff followed by a day of silent treatment... it was a nice break for me... :p Everyone has their own coping skillz however, so what works best for one, may not for the other.

Relationships require lots of work and compromise.. if either party is not willing to do those, then what's the point. I'm not trying to be harsh... just my experience and what I've learned FWIIW....

I sense no despair in @just4fun posts... just realization of his situation and how he entertains himself in that situation. I applaud him for his approach and honesty ! ! (insert clapping hands emoji here) :D .

Absolutely. Thank you sir.

Wife got new jeans..........she said "What do you think?" I glanced at them and noticed the label was "Guess"

I said XL?

Absolutely. Thank you sir.

Wife got new jeans..........she said "What do you think?" I glanced at them and noticed the label was "Guess"

I said XL?

Ooooooh... baaaaad paper-husband! :D
(I would never say such thing... since she never wear jeans.... only black clothes. Its been decades she has not worn anything but black)

Reactions: just4fun and BB0523
(I would never say such thing... since she never wear jeans.... only black clothes. Its been decades she has not worn anything but black)

Is that to match the color of her heart ? :rolleyes: or just because Black is easy...

She must be in mourning..........:D

Black was/is still my favorite color but lately..........meh

She must be in mourning..........:D

Black was/is still my favorite color but lately..........meh

I was actually wearing a lot of black too when we were still living together . Reflected our mood I guess. But now I’m free (in reality if not on paper) and I make a point to dress with more colors

upload_2018-10-4_14-12-29.png
upload_2018-10-4_14-12-29.png Like this @Frenchy