Guest viewing is limited

Replacement for gaijinpot?

Not that I'm aware of... The usual boards, some you mentioned, have died off and don't get much activity.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
be glad that crappy site is gone... for what do you need that anyway?

I tought it was facebook and twitter...
Partially, but having a true discourse on either of those platforms does not work.

A lot of younger folks have their eyes glued to eye candy on IG, SC, Twitter and of course FB. Anything that requires reading comprehension gets (almost) fully ignored.

gaijinpot didnt have much information anyway... just
Back in the day, maybe 12 to 15 years ago when Gaijinpot was popular there was a good deal of information there. At the time the internet wasn't as robust as it is today so it (Gaijinpot) had some value. YMMV but I felt like p4p discussions there would not go well - most of the inhabitants would have frowned on these activities.

Last edited:
gaijinpot was always from teachers to teachers and from IT to IT... and trivial knowledge... nothing wrong with that, but never something that was helpful in real life... at least not to me

gaijinpot didnt have much information anyway... just use google for whatever you want to know, or even better: fond out yourself... it isnt that difficult anymore

You might be surprised how many folks these days do not have "search" skills. It takes a bit of independent critical thinking, a attribute that does not seem to be cultivated. These, otherwise social media savvy, folks are fine when it comes to the simplistic or the self-centered posts, but beyond that, it's like the Twilight Zone.

In the interest of full-disclosure, TAG operators did have a more vanilla Japan messageboard similar to TAG's current layout, but we could not expend the efforts twice over to get it off the ground. Obviously, it didn't have adult content... but it was very similar to GP, but better managed. (again, it didn't get very big just because we couldn't duplicate the efforts.) TAG turned out to me more fun to run. ;)

In the interest of full-disclosure, TAG operators did have a more vanilla Japan messageboard similar to TAG's current layout, but we could not expend the efforts twice over to get it off the ground. Obviously, it didn't have adult content... but it was very similar to GP, but better managed. (again, it didn't get very big just because we couldn't duplicate the efforts.) TAG turned out to me more fun to run. ;)

I wouldn't run a separate one either, but I would not be opposed to expanding the "Japan Living Resources." Which would be strictly up to the members.

I wouldn't run a separate one either, but I would not be opposed to expanding the "Japan Living Resources." Which would be strictly up to the members.
Oddly enough, people have showed up needing information there. Once they discovered exactly what the main purpose of TAG was, they quickly launched some shameful messages at us.. lol.

Non vanilla is always more fun :)

I hope you tracked them to see if they came back later and registered a new name, looking for something they really wanted to know about.
Seems like they went away and never came back; we can usually spot duplicate or multiple accounts when that happens. ;)

Some of the nasty comments are simply CYA attempts by people who checked NSFW stuff, and wanted to create a trace of outrage for the nazi admins at the office. At the very vanilla blog I ran for a few years, we saw them clicking on all the nsfw pictures and videos, and in the end, they demanded that the stuff is taken down immediately.