Web form/Email

Appointment Length & Costs:
1hr 45min (2 sessions back to back), 20,000yen x 2

Type/Location:
Photo studio in Shimbashi

Language Notes:
Japanese only

Details of the Encounter:
Class-A is a photostudio where you can meet and photograph and/or video nude models and JAV actresses for personal use only (you are not allowed to post the photos online). There is no touching or sexual contact of any kind allowed. Specific details of the studio and booking info can be found in my previous review with Kobayakawa Reiko.

This time around my session was with JAV actress Enami Ryuu.

I was running a little late that afternoon and ended up taking a taxi to the studio. We arrived just a few minutes before my first session was scheduled to begin. Not a good way to start off. I rushed in lugging pretty much the same crap ton of gear as last year (getting the usual “who is this nutcase” looks from everyone). Mentally I was preparing myself to climb those stairs again. To my surprise, after I paid the fees, they ushered me into the ground floor studio room just past the front desk.

My first thought - “Yay, no stairs this time!”. Then I saw the room. :eek:

It was about half the size of the studio space I shot in last time. The room barely fit a bed, couch and some accessories. Plus no windows whatsoever this time. I’ve shot in love hotel rooms that were bigger and nicer than this. Less than 5 minutes before we start, I have no ideas on how I’m gonna light this space.

Cue cold sweat now. :confused:

Since I had no idea what to shoot yet, I just set up two speedlights in opposite corners of the room and bounced them into the ceiling. Nothing special, but it worked as a basic light setup that gave me the flexibility to shoot almost anywhere in the room without having to move the lights around too much. It actually worked out better than I expected and I ended up using it for the majority of the shoot.

The door opened and in comes Ryuu dressed like a Christmas present. Literally (she has a photo of it on her Instagram). She also had the goofiest grin on her face which cracked me up. Perfect way to break the ice.:LOL:

Like last time, I was informed that since I had booked two sessions back to back, we could either shoot it as two separate sessions with a 15 minute break in between or just shoot straight through to the end of the second session. Ryuu was ok with going with the second option.

To be honest, I wasn’t very familiar with Ryuu’s work when I booked the sessions with her. I really liked her look and her quirky sense of humor though, so I’m glad I did.

Underneath the Christmas present costume, she was wearing a form fitting red dress so I had her chuck the costume (sorry Ryuu) and we started with a couple of fashion poses with that outfit. We then did a few topless headshots using a small electric fan I found in the room to add movement to her hair.

We took a short break and I showed her some examples of past shoots I had done. She pointed out a couple of implied nudes that she wanted to try, so I had her put on a white men’s dress shirt and climb onto the bed. That’s where we ended up spending the majority of the shoot, just trying different poses and states of undress on the bed. (I really need to work on improving my posing skills so that I can suggest different things and offer more variety of shots.)

During our session, Ryuu remarked that this was a very new experience to her. When I asked her why, she told me that up until this shoot, all her previous photosessions with Class-A and similar studios pretty much only involved guys only taking repeated closeup pictures of her vagina.

She has a lot of fans that are aspiring gynecologists maybe?;)

Towards the end of our time together, I decided to try the same backlit lighting concept that I had previously attempted (and botched up) with Reiko last year. Thankfully, I was much better prepared for it this time around and was able to set up the lighting properly to get the look I wanted. It took several tries to get the timing of her hair flipping right but when I showed Ryuu the results, her reaction was worth all the time and effort it took to set up the shot.

Ended the session by giving her some gifts from Hawaii and a promise to send her some images from the session. Later the next day I was surprised to find out that she had found and followed me on Instagram. I sent her a printed album and some digital files, and we had a nice short chat via IG - hopefully we’ll have the chance to shoot together again next December.

Was it worth it?

To me personally, yes. I know some will complain about the no touching, no sex part, and others will say that they got lucky and actually got it on in the room with the model. Different strokes for different folks. Bottom line - I had fun, and more importantly - she had fun and she loved the images we created together. That’s all that matters to me.

Final Thoughts:
Recommended, Will Repeat.

Closing Comments:
Like I mentioned in my previous review, most of the TAG community are not going to be interested in this place. But if you’re into photographing beautiful women, it’s a nice way to spend an afternoon and put a smile on someone’s face.

Last edited:
Interesting hobby.
So the pics are for your professional portfolio? Spankbank?

She has a lot of fans that are aspiring gynecologists maybe?;)

LOL! Why am I not surprised?

Thanks for another interesting story. Unfortunately from the DMM site I couldn't get a good idea what she looks like but glad to hear you made the best of a tough shooting situation.

Reactions: AMcguyver
Interesting hobby.
So the pics are for your professional portfolio? Spankbank?

The pics are mainly to practice shooting boudoir style photos and to get more comfortable directing and posing a nude model. Due to the studio rules I can’t use the images on my online portfolio, but I am able to put them into the sample print book I show potential clients.

Very nice, never tried nude model photography before (university don’t offer them). I wonder what are the ratio for nude to erotic poses are for sessions such as these.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
To bad you can't find too many willing women in Hawaii to photograph cause our local girls are no ka oi!!!

Looks like a few local girls are willing.

http://www.hawaiipinups.com/hawaii-nudes/

http://karenloudon.com/portfolio/boudoir/

https://www.lovewaterphoto.com/blog/maui-boudoir-photographers-outdoor-boudoir-inspiration/

All shapes and sizes
https://www.backtothebody.org/for-women/hawaii-retreat-one-qPYr9

For those enjoying tattoo nudes

http://www.hawaiitattoomodels.com/stories/2017/1/30/photographer-imagefaktory

Just in case-a list of nude beaches in Hawaii

https://www.tripsavvy.com/nude-beaches-in-hawaii-1529579
and a video

And a haole girl, Merry Jane

Very nice, never tried nude model photography before (university don’t offer them). I wonder what are the ratio for nude to erotic poses are for sessions such as these.

You are allowed to pose them in any way you want, as long as the model is ok with it. From what I've gathered from speaking with the various models I've shot there over the years, I'm pretty much the only oddball that bothers to actually try to pose and light them in a flattering manner. :D

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
My first girlfriend was a Nisei in Ewa Beach-da kine!

I used to live in Honolulu.... man, I miss that place. I jus step out de doah an my mass go drop.... so much hotness, no ka oi.....

Nice write up. I love Ryuu. Great bod and very hygienic in the vaginal area. ;)

You are allowed to pose them in any way you want, as long as the model is ok with it. From what I've gathered from speaking with the various models I've shot there over the years, I'm pretty much the only oddball that bothers to actually try to pose and light them in a flattering manner. :D

Ahh nice. When I was in Tokyo last year I manage to get into an AV event where you can take pictures. I wish I bought my 70D since my Sony point and shoot was pretty slow to take pictures for 30 seconds, haha (I think using my phone would be faster).

I never tried those AV events where everyone in the audience is taking photos at the same time like at a press conference. I much prefer shooting them one on one - even though it's way more expensive, you can concentrate on posing and lighting to get the shots you really like.