Guest viewing is limited

Rugby Strategy - JPN vs IRE Question

Whats your question? I feel like the article explains what happened well.

Don’t think of it as rugby strategy. Think of it as playoff strategy. Makes more sense that way.

Reactions: DireWolf98
“How do you get a bonus point in the Rugby World Cup? RUGBY World Cupteams receive four points for a win, two points for a draw and nothing for a defeat by more than eight points. A team will receive ONE extra point if they score four or more tries in a single match, and ONE extra point if they lose by eight or less.”

“How do you get a bonus point in the Rugby World Cup? RUGBY World Cupteams receive four points for a win, two points for a draw and nothing for a defeat by more than eight points. A team will receive ONE extra point if they score four or more tries in a single match, and ONE extra point if they lose by eight or less.”
This completely clarifies the issue. My knowledge of RWC rules is severely lacking.

@Durg50 - sorry, if this was mentioned in the article, I apologize for wasting everyone’s time.

Reactions: Frenchy
Bonus points sounds like a Mickey Mouse rule. Why does the tournament need that?

Don’t bother explaining. I’m not actually interested.

Reactions: Frenchy
i wasn't watching ... from the looks of things they did the same thing Japan did in the Soccer World Cup ... where they dribbled away the clock.

fans always look at only the W or the L and never the strategy.

IMHO playing those extra seconds could've gotten an important player injured without getting anything possitive out it.

i wasn't watching ... from the looks of things they did the same thing Japan did in the Soccer World Cup ... where they dribbled away the clock.

fans always look at only the W or the L and never the strategy.

IMHO playing those extra seconds could've gotten an important player injured without getting anything possitive out it.
Or something wild/unexpected could have happened: the ball pops up, a JPN player catches it and runs it in for a try - then IRE loses by more than eight.

Reactions: scorpioni6ths