Russia 2018

Well, the World Cup has begun. What do TAGers make of it?

I love it. All the football fans are off watching the games, and my favourite girls have openings in their schedules :D

Girls will be at places where the matches are televised cuz they know the guys will be there watching... If the match is boring, then can watch the playa's Playin :D:D:D

Zero interest.
But as a European, this will be the guaranteed opening people use on me.

Lol. People ask me about the recent political climate in my country and I am here trying to remember who our current prime minister is.. I just happen to have different interests.

But I used to watch fifa World Cup because I was a tomboy.

When I was a little kid the biggest global problem was said to be overpopulation. Japan is just showing the way for the other countries how to ease that problem.

Funny coincidence.
Just read the following article:

https://www.economist.com/asia/2018/04/05/japans-sex-industry-is-becoming-less-sexual

‘For some Japanese people sex is ”mendokusai”.’

However I can relate to Japanese women refraining from marriage and having children because of the harsh politics of the companies. It’s very hard to go back to work after having kids and day care is almost non existent. Some companies which employ international staff are also hiding behind the excuse of “this is Japan” and using this ancient approach to women to make sure female employees don’t get pregnant. I personally experienced this discrimination and my personal life was violated. I will certainly not have kids here as I have no intentions to micromanage my kids and cook miso soup for six subsequent years. I have a lot of respect for stay at home mums who choose this life willingly, but it shouldn’t be forced upon all women. I am not ready to have kids, but for those who are it must be frustrating having to choose between their career and kids.

Last edited:
For some Japanese people sex is ”mendokusai”.

And again that opinion is provided by the expert on the article without any reference to the studies or questionnaires that have been done. My guess is he just got it out of his own hat.

My own guess is, like the article also points, that now when we have abundance of masturbation material and less money the kids tend to do that. If you are working in the cash register at the konbini you won't be doing many trips to Yoshiwara every month.

Reactions: Frenchy and Simonka
Indeed.

The total fertility rate of Japan, most recently stood at 1.44, is actually higher than that of Italy, Spain, Portugal...so many people just overlook this easily verifiable fact to have some fun cultural discussions, yay.
https://www.figo.org/news/populatio...-rates-stay-below-replenishment-level-0015898
It’s true that birth rate is dropping everywhere because more women work than before and being a stay at home mum is not the only choice for survival. Honestly the planet is overpopulated and I don’t mind if our population shrinks a bit in the near future :) However although daycare is not perfect in Europe couples can seek help from well established systems. For instance France is a good example for what happens when governments invest in daycare. Women in Europe are not pushed to the edge of deciding between becoming a stay at home mum for years or remaining as an OL unlike here. It’s perhaps a more conscious choice than despair. In France teams of doctors and nurses check the free preschool nurseries, whereas in Japan some innocent babies die in “baby hotels” due to lack of educated staff because their parents had no other choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeH and Ken1988
And again that opinion is provided by the expert on the article without any reference to the studies or questionnaires that have been done. My guess is he just got it out of his own hat.

My own guess is, like the article also points, that now when we have abundance of masturbation material and less money the kids tend to do that. If you are working in the cash register at the konbini you won't be doing many trips to Yoshiwara every month.
I think Japanese people may do whatever they want, there are all individuals with different approaches to sexuality. I don’t believe in the “asexual Japanese person” myth because it’s very different from the truth. Demographics for men who are 35 and younger are more on the “Hazukashii” side but I had a good time with some 40+ men. If they want to remain a virgin it’s not my business. Certain conditions such a high stress levels at work and depression may trigger lack of sex drive, but I don’t know about the prevalence of these conditions in Japan and how the percentage compares to elsewhere.

My point was more about the women in the workforce having to give up their career. I have a soft spot for mother and children.

Last edited:
Not interested in any Russian government sponsored anything after the way they’ve been treating LGBT visitors.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Not even for the hot soccer players? :rolleyes:
Even the ladies in my office who hate soccer can't stop talking about Cristiano Ronaldo.

If I were of that persuasion, I'd be all over Harry Kane of England.
He looks good, but i’m not gonna watch soccer for him ;)

Reactions: RIDER 00
“baby hotels”

I haven't heard about these before, and managed only half way through the first article before I had to stop. Ignorance really is a bliss.

One more reason not to produce any midgets by yourself. At least if you cannot make enough money to survive on one salary.

If they want to remain a virgin it’s not my business. Certain conditions such a high stress levels at work and depression may trigger lack of sex drive

Yeah, it becomes your business only when they want to get rid of that virginity. :D

Everyone in my bubble takes care of that work stress by visiting some venues offering relief.

I haven't heard about these before, and managed only half way through the first article before I had to stop. Ignorance really is a bliss.

One more reason not to produce any midgets by yourself. At least if you cannot make enough money to survive on one salary.

Yeah, it becomes your business only when they want to get rid of that virginity. :D

Everyone in my bubble takes care of that work stress by visiting some venues offering relief.
Yes, but some babies from wealthy families also passed away in these “hotels”. Sometimes people need to leave their kids under someone’s care when they are traveling for a congress. The article I read says the establishment gave the false promise of having educated staff, and doctors around the clock. The reality is this was a lie and their staff had no experience in childcare.

Of course I fully support family planning, but sometimes you need nurseries even if you have a paying job and they should be better regulated.

Last edited:
Brazil 1 - Switzerland 1
Mexico 1 - Germany 0
Interesting start!

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Brazil 1 - Switzerland 1
Mexico 1 - Germany 0
Interesting start!

You forgot to mention France 2 - Australia 1.
Not that I'm rooting for France, but they didn't really seem like a dominant squad compared to the Zidane days.