Guest viewing is limited

Safe to visit?

If an outbreak happens, it will be a lot worse. Still semi crowded during the day.

Problem with Japanese response is that their response has been a bit weak in terms of social distancing and shutting things down to limit spread of infections. Wouldn't be as big of an issue if they tested more and did more contact tracing. There were articles where the Japanese govt admitted that they are almost at their limit, but they don't want to shut everything down due to economic concerns.

Reactions: capitanminchia
Problem with Japanese response is that their response has been a bit weak in terms of social distancing and shutting things down to limit spread of infections. Wouldn't be as big of an issue if they tested more and did more contact tracing. There were articles where the Japanese govt admitted that they are almost at their limit, but they don't want to shut everything down due to economic concerns.
Hospitals in Tokyo are getting to their limits because positive cases are managed very inefficiently. As far as I know everybody that's tested positive is hospitalized, even with mild / no symptoms. This way space is used up that is needed for the severe cases that need more care. Currently the government is preparing to rent out hotels to transfer the uncritical cases there to have enough space in hospitals. Economic concerns are one thing, not being prepared to handle the situation well is another thing....I think they need a bit more time to get an efficient system up an running. Should have happened in the past 3 months....I think we are all on the same page, that Japan doesn't handle the situation too well. Seems very uncoordinated.

8:30 on a Sunday morning - normally it would be a mass of people going out for coffee and breakfast.

10-11 people visible on foot....

upload_2020-4-5_8-27-0.png

8:30 on a Sunday morning - normally it would be a mass of people going out for coffee and breakfast.

10-11 people visible on foot....

View attachment 14203

Cool to see that it has at least an effect in Shibuya.
I went out jogging yesterday in a more rural area close to Ikebukuro and the playgrounds and parks were bursting with people....was kinda surprised by that. Maybe they don't head out shopping, but people don't stay at home

Reactions: capitanminchia
I went out jogging yesterday in a more rural area close to Ikebukuro and the playgrounds and parks were bursting with people....was kinda surprised by that. Maybe they don't head out shopping, but people don't stay at home
I go for walks daily and since there's no one in sight I feel comfortable that I'm not getting or giving anything. There's a couple of different daycare centers in my building and I see the staff take them for a stroll in a tight knit/hand holding group. That makes me scratch my head actually. The no smoking law has gone into effect and is severely enforced I've witnessed first hand. If only they'd take this (covid) more seriously.

I usually go out for a late night walk.....I get a little anxious when I see joggers approaching....puffing and panting. I swear that in Japan the number of joggers seems to increase every time there is a good reason to stay indoors (heat wave, global pandemic).

I usually go out for a late night walk.....I get a little anxious when I see joggers approaching....puffing and panting. I swear that in Japan the number of joggers seems to increase every time there is a good reason to stay indoors (heat wave, global pandemic).
Hehe, number of joggers has really increased, but the only reason is that public gyms and sport centers are closed. I hate jogging, but there is nothing else you can do right now....and you need to exercise somehow to stay healthy and not go crazy in your little appartment.

Reactions: Rusty Trombone
People were still out.
I went out Friday night to eat/drink a little. Just me and Master at the counter and a group of 5 upstairs and that was it for 2 hours. Streets pretty empty.

People were still out.
I
I went out Friday night to eat/drink a little. Just me and Master at the counter and a group of 5 upstairs and that was it for 2 hours. Streets pretty empty.
I heard things to that fact this morning. Maybe this will prevent a draconian type lockdown. Anyways, small areas seem to be like normal. I don’t see the little restaurants less busy at dinner time. But I did notice a difference at lunchtime.

People were still out.
I evacuated to higher ground and so I didn’t really see much about Tokyo. I know that convenience store ms were open, but where I had to go was pretty much far away from the city areas.

I wonder if anyone still goes to oppai bars. Bearing in mind, the girls would usually have a dozen or more guys sucking their tits every night, I guess someone would have to spray alcohol on their racks after each client to kill viruses...

I wonder if anyone still goes to oppai bars. Bearing in mind, the girls would usually have a dozen or more guys sucking their tits every night, I guess someone would have to spray alcohol on their racks after each client to kill viruses...
Less a problem of sucking their tits, more about sticking your tounge down their throat...no way to desinfect that.
I posted a few days ago that one of the bigger groups closed all their shops in ikebukuro and I assumed that these kind of places in general shut for a month. Just checked out of curiosity and it seems there are some that are open and operating as usual :dead:

Less a problem of sucking their tits, more about sticking your tounge down their throat...no way to desinfect that.
I posted a few days ago that one of the bigger groups closed all their shops in ikebukuro and I assumed that these kind of places in general shut for a month. Just checked out of curiosity and it seems there are some that are open and operating as usual :dead:
Very few at this point, I'd say way less than 10% as of today. I know of one in Ikebukuro (which I've never been to) and one in Shinjuku total.

I drove around Kabukicho the other day and it was like a ghost town in the late afternoon. A few people here and there, but most streets were completely devoid of life.

Reactions: Danbo
I drove around Kabukicho the other day and it was like a ghost town in the late afternoon. A few people here and there, but most streets were completely devoid of life.

Makes sense....tourists are missing, cinemas are closed, izakayas closed in the evening, kyabas closed.....only places still open in kabukicho seem to be bars. Checked the Twitter of some places I like...some are closed, some open as usual.

Very interested in the Oppai bar concept. Unsure if it's available in Nara where I currently live. The only medical downsides I can think of are the possibility of contracting H.Pylori & CMV. But if you just grab rather than kiss, it should be safe.

Anyone in Kansai.....do you know any honest establishments?

there's gotta be something magical in seeing that I still have this account here on TAG and reading my posts in here from 4 years ago, when I was in Japan and asking advices on how to get laid.

magical indeed

makes me feel old though, but at the same time excited for the future e.g. living again in Japan once this global pandemic crap is over, or at least when they'll let me in

time is most valuable but so is having fun in terms of drinking/banging like a mothefuck while meeting new people all 'round the world

Reactions: TAG Manager
I'll definitely keep my eyes on this thread as I hope to visit when it's most reasonable to. I definitely want to experience the traditional izakayas and visit Senso-ji. Let's keep our fingers crossed!