Guest viewing is limited

Safe to visit?

Some of the best Japanese women I've dated were from Shizuoka. I didn't have any exceptionally bad experiences but they all did know how to cook, which was a plus.

I always had a sort of image like that of the women there. A bit more traditional than, say, Kanto women, and more of a cleaner, classic Japanese look than those of Kansai. But what do I know? I spent years dating Osaka girls. After that, anything is an improvement. And most of them can't cook worth shit, too.

what exactly is wrong with the women in Shizuoka?
I know a bunch of ladies from Shizuoka..

One is a raging thundercunt - but she comes from a tea plantation family and grew up wealthy and spoiled. Like they have servants, and they sent a housekeeper to live with her when she moved up to Tokyo. She literally was only working at our company because she wanted the social interaction.

Most Shizuoka girls are just fine, maybe a little on the conservative side.

Most Shizuoka girls are just fine, maybe a little on the conservative side.
Which is probably part of the reason I get along with them pretty well.

she comes from a tea plantation family and grew up wealthy and spoiled
And yeah, I know or have known a few like this that were spoiled for most of their life until they wanted to come to Tokyo for an adventure.
A few have since married and moved back to Shizuoka - others have had mixed results.

Reactions: Sudsy
One is a raging thundercunt - but she comes from a tea plantation family and grew up wealthy and spoiled. Like they have servants, and they sent a housekeeper to live with her when she moved up to Tokyo.

That's exactly the kind of family my relatives wanted me to try marrying my way into for the money. I protested, saying that farmers are broke ass poor but my relatives insisted that farmers are the richest families. So during my naive first year in Japan I actually tried that route with an eikaiwa student I met at work who said she grew up on a farm in Hiroshima. Well lo and behold, turns out she was indeed broke ass poor, as well as bearing a striking resemblance to several of my female cousins. Naturally, it was the money rather than the semblance that was the issue. That shit works for royals, plus I had a number of female second-cousins whose budding titties were the main theme of my early wank sessions.

So the big question is when will Japan be open to vaccinated Americans?
Best guess - Mid to Late 2022. (And given Japan's conservative nature, maybe 2023....)
Even if you're a vaccinated U.S. citizen who is returning to Japan (Japan resident status) - they don't recognize the vaccine status.
Still have to get a PCR test before travel, upon arrival in Japan and 2 weeks quarantine in your home (or designated location by the government). That info is current as of the time of this post.

As the boss above guestimated, probably well into 2022. Of course, I've got my hotel rooms booked for a late 2021 winter trip but in reality it'll probably be next Spring at the earliest before I'm allowed back in.

IMO, the bigger question is: When will Americans actually want to risk traveling to Japan again? We're quickly approaching half of Americans fully vaccinated and Joe Biden's new goal is to hit 70% in the next seven weeks, while the ever-efficient Japanese are hovering down in the low single-digits and desperately trailing the rest of the industrialized world. A number of family friends and their kids who currently live in Japan are working on flying back stateside to get vaccinated, since it's looking like the average Joe Blow waiting for his jab in Japan will probably still be playing with his dick well into 2022 while you can waltz into any CVS or Walgreens in America tomorrow and get vaccinated in a matter of minutes.

Add to that the hordes of Japanese citizens working in India who are fleeing the current outbreak and coming home. It's only a matter of time before that particularly nasty and deadly Indian variant makes its way to Tokyo and Osaka, if it hasn't already.

Of course, you have to factor in the economics. After the upcoming Olympics ends up a colossal failure, there'll no doubt be nationwide demand to restart tourism and recoup the billions lost in preparation for something that never happened. Maybe the government is forced to rush reopening?

At the end of the day, the fact is that right now the average Japanese citizen/resident is a far greater risk to the average American citizen/resident than vice versa. As much as I'd like a vacation, I'm happy to wait for the Japanese government to unfuck itself and then see how the upcoming Pfizer booster shots work on known variants overseas before I grab my passport and go on a pleasure tour abroad again.

Reactions: TAG Manager
As the boss above guestimated, probably well into 2022. Of course, I've got my hotel rooms booked for a late 2021 winter trip but in reality it'll probably be next Spring at the earliest before I'm allowed back in.

IMO, the bigger question is: When will Americans actually want to risk traveling to Japan again? We're quickly approaching half of Americans fully vaccinated and Joe Biden's new goal is to hit 70% in the next seven weeks, while the ever-efficient Japanese are hovering down in the low single-digits and desperately trailing the rest of the industrialized world. A number of family friends and their kids who currently live in Japan are working on flying back stateside to get vaccinated, since it's looking like the average Joe Blow waiting for his jab in Japan will probably still be playing with his dick well into 2022 while you can waltz into any CVS or Walgreens in America tomorrow and get vaccinated in a matter of minutes.

Add to that the hordes of Japanese citizens working in India who are fleeing the current outbreak and coming home. It's only a matter of time before that particularly nasty and deadly Indian variant makes its way to Tokyo and Osaka, if it hasn't already.

Of course, you have to factor in the economics. After the upcoming Olympics ends up a colossal failure, there'll no doubt be nationwide demand to restart tourism and recoup the billions lost in preparation for something that never happened. Maybe the government is forced to rush reopening?

At the end of the day, the fact is that right now the average Japanese citizen/resident is a far greater risk to the average American citizen/resident than vice versa. As much as I'd like a vacation, I'm happy to wait for the Japanese government to unfuck itself and then see how the upcoming Pfizer booster shots work on known variants overseas before I grab my passport and go on a pleasure tour abroad again.

oh noooo! I am so eager to meet you asap and have interesting political discussions over cognac and the Cuban cigar I said I would offer you even if I won the bet (actually completely forgot which bet it was but I won it)

Reactions: ur19877 and Keihan
oh noooo! I am so eager to meet you asap and have interesting political discussions over cognac and the Cuban cigar I said I would offer you even if I won the bet (actually completely forgot which bet it was but I won it)

Please, you know you're dying for overseas tourism to resume and hoping I switch hit after enough cognac and wine, desperate to be impaled by all three thunderous inches of my Republican glory.

Please, you know you're dying for overseas tourism to resume and hoping I switch hit after enough cognac and wine, desperate to be impaled by all three thunderous inches of my Republican glory.
Damn! You continue to amaze me with your spot-on assumptions and predictions :D

I know this will disappoint you but I would like to kindle remind you he doesn't provide penetration.

I would guess that they will open up the borders for tourists in October. Probably all you have to prove is that you are not from the countries where the new variants are prevalent.

I don't think Japan can verify a US traveler's vaccine status because CDC vaccination card can be faked so easily and the Fed can't introduce any form of verifiable digital certificates.

I would guess that they will open up the borders for tourists in October.
I'm not even optimistic we won't be in another SOE by that point.

And a point a lot of people are missing is that most of the citizenry are perfectly happy not to have tourists in the first place. The government will be in little rush to open the borders for other than business traffic.

Reactions: Anna Summer

And a point a lot of people are missing is that most of the citizenry are perfectly happy not to have tourists in the first place. The government will be in little rush to open the borders for other than business traffic.

Also considering how slow japan is with its vaccination.... I doubt October is a promising date to begin with :confused: maybe October 2022

What’s the crime situation like up there in Japan lately for you folks living there? Considering the job and economic impact of the lost of tourists, state of emergencies, CoVID exhaustion, etc, has there been any uptick?

Where I’m at it looks like a significant increase of random crimes and friends in other states are also seeing the same. Robberies, burglaries, mugging, etc. I’ve always felt Japan safer than anywhere else I’ve been so was curious if there’s been an increase or not.

I think that the threshold vaccination rate for "near normal" is way below from what people say about the herd immunity threshold. The mask mandate in my state has just been lifted but the vaccination rate is still around 40 percent, now including adolescents. It won't go much over 50 percent. There was a visible change, such as receding pressures on hospitals, when the vaccination rate hit 20 percent. Japan is likely to achieve the 20 percent threshold in August. If they can confirm reasonably low hospitalization cases for a month or two, they will open up the borders for tourists from the list of "safe countries" and the US will be in it.

Reactions: ur19877
What’s the crime situation like up there in Japan lately for you folks living there? Considering the job and economic impact of the lost of tourists, state of emergencies, CoVID exhaustion, etc, has there been any uptick?

Subjectively I haven't become aware of any particular change, at least as it affects the Bergmann sphere of influence.

Mind you a while back I walked between Asakusabashi and Akihabara and was bemused to see a bunch of foreign-looking people of all shades milling around outside what looked like a grocery store stuffing produce into bags, turned out to be this place: http://2hj.org/english/about/access/

Reactions: Acid Burn
the Fed can't introduce any form of verifiable digital certificates.
Yep, you’d wish the Gates microchip hoax was true after all. At least it would be easier to check who really got the vaccine

Subjectively I haven't become aware of any particular change, at least as it affects the Bergmann sphere of influence.

Mind you a while back I walked between Asakusabashi and Akihabara and was bemused to see a bunch of foreign-looking people of all shades milling around outside what looked like a grocery store stuffing produce into bags, turned out to be this place: http://2hj.org/english/about/access/
That's my old hood. Free food and such.

And the Olympics has the potential to really screw things up ...... one business "leader" recently described hosting the Olympics as a suicide mission.

Where I’m at it looks like a significant increase of random crimes and friends in other states are also seeing the same. Robberies, burglaries, mugging, etc. I’ve always felt Japan safer than anywhere else I’ve been so was curious if there’s been an increase or not.

Foreign tourism was not such a big thing in Japanese economy to start with, lets get real. And domestic tourism suffered but the “go to” campaign helped alleviate the pain. Also “state of emergency” is mild compared to real lockdowns
frankly many people here (me included) are happy with the disappearance of loud Americans , rude Chinese , british Brits etc
No uptick on crime but sadly more suicides