Guest viewing is limited

Salary improvement plan, help a bro out.

You need to know what you can do, are good at and write down a plan. Even teaching is ok if you have a long term plan and are actively working on it. Teaching as a way to slack off while dreaming of world domination will only kill your determination.
So, first question: what do you want to do?

E0B857E3-6E35-40B0-A412-86C7FAD8A40F.jpeg
You need to know what you can do, are good at and write down a plan. Even teaching is ok if you have a long term plan and are actively working on it. Teaching as a way to slack off while dreaming of world domination will only kill your determination.
So, first question: what do you want to do?

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Hmmm... Majora starts a thread about his desire to get a 'grown up' job with a decent salary. Then on the same thread posts a ridiculous Tom and Jerry cartoon.

He's ready! Time to grab your best interview gear. Micky Mouse tie, lime green y-fronts and shaven balls.

Good luck!

Reactions: Yuriko
Hmmm... Majora starts a thread about his desire to get a 'grown up' job with a decent salary. Then on the same thread posts a ridiculous Tom and Jerry cartoon.

He's ready! Time to grab your best interview gear. Micky Mouse tie, lime green y-fronts and shaven balls.

Good luck!

It’s not Tom and Jerry... the reply reminded me of the Brain. And I wish I were in a high position in Disney.

Do you know ‘lazy town’? The guy who made it is a millionaire, and it’s the most ridiculous thing on earth. I don’t see what’s wrong with posting a cartoon... that a. Makes a perfect answer to the previous suggestion, b. Is one of the greatest cartoons ever.

Reactions: MossBoss

Good luck!

Agreed.
I thought such an insulting childish manner, to all comments given to this thread. To stay positive, Maybe English teaching for kids using cartoon is your best suited job!

Good luck!

I was kinda inspired and horrified by the average salary post... I’m in my late twenties and I’m way behind in the career department. I have a business background and have taught English in Japan. My Japanese is N2, also speak Spanish.

What kind of companies should/could I apply? Where should I look? What should I highlight in my resume? I’d like to have some kind of fresh start.

Can some compassionate soul give me some advice?
I'd start a biz. A bit of risk but unlimited earnings

Most businesses fold within two years. He doesn't appear to have a concrete business plan or excess cash in case he needs finances to set up or grow the business.

What kinds of business would you suggest so that he can obtain 'unlimited' earnings while it being just 'a bit of a risk'?

Reactions: MikeH
Most businesses fold within two years. He doesn't appear to have a concrete business plan or excess cash in case he needs finances to set up or grow the business.

What kinds of business would you suggest so that he can obtain 'unlimited' earnings while it being just 'a bit of a risk'?

Tout in Roppongi or Kabukicho?

Is this brilliant utterance a considered pearl of deep business wisdom that you have learned over a long career in finance working along side Warren Buffet and Allen Geeenspan or is it something you just pulled out of your ass?

Agreed.
I thought such an insulting childish manner, to all comments given to this thread. To stay positive, Maybe English teaching for kids using cartoon is your best suited job!

Good luck!

It was a reply to ‘one’ person, because they mentioned world domination, this is a place where you can be casual, joke and I really appreciate the positive comments. However this is no meeting room, there are no rules about not posting amazing cartoon references, and FYI behind that ‘childish cartoon’ you can find a deep message about perseverance and ambition.

Some people need to get a sense of humor here, like come on, is Alice the only one who got the awesome reference? *wink*

Making a light joke was never meant to be insulting, and if it was for you, I’m sorry.
I really appreciate everyone’s comments. :)

Reactions: warubuta

Taro Aso had a concrete business plan. Went pretty well for him.

His concrete business plan was to be born in a concrete family , that’s about it :)
Details! Details! Why are you always bringing up the details? True, he was born into it. But it was his own plan to go to G7 dressed like a Yakuza. That was his plan and his plan alone.

Details! Details! Why are you always bringing up the details? True, he was born into it. But it was his own plan to go to G7 dressed like a Yakuza. That was his plan and his plan alone.

He probably cemented strong relationships with various groups in all walks of life... (heck, even the French :D)

Open translation business (he doesn't need to do the translations himself - can sub-contract). If he's been a teacher maybe he can have a go at opening a language school. Can translate during downtime, promote translation services at the school.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
For a language school the set up costs are quite high bearing in mind you need to rent space near a train station. Also to attract enough students to make a decent living would usually take years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cambo
Yes but how will you get the mosaic squares to stay in the right place all the time?

Reactions: Cambo
Well, the little entrepreneur in me has always wanted to try to start a business in Japan, and I have the raw material for a business idea, but now my job is my visa, and I’ve heard that you need an investment visa or so, however yesterday I heard there’s an owner visa you could get if you want to start a business. Any experiences with entrepreneurship? Also any recommendations for recruit type companies that are “gaijin friendly” lol ;)

With hatarakikata kaikaku, one has freedom to do fukugyou, which means you can do your entrepreneurship thingy as fukugyou to your main occupation here. . . . .