Guest viewing is limited

Self-isolate or get paid?

Old Cesar

TAG Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

While I was reading the news briefs, I came across the question posted above. What would you do in that situation?

I think this person means if you have a job as an outside contractor with no paid sick days and you start to feel sick, would you isolate yourself and lose income or would you just go to work and see what happens. That's just my guess though.

Reactions: Old Cesar
The very few smart people I know who have read widely and thought deeply on the situation are saying this:

Our efforts now, specifically social distancing, hand washing and other precautions, could have a very big impact on how quickly we get the worst of it behind us. Specifically, expert opinion based on data and facts now lead to the prediction that any success we have reducing it and slowing it down before the summer could have a positive exponential impact in the fall when it comes back. So yes, if you are going to make a sacrifice at some point, now is likely to be the most impactful timing.

Reactions: Lukes and Acid Burn
I’m just going to post the full articles for the ones that can’t imagine anything. I’d imagine that some people have chosen to work from home, while others might not be as fortunate and have to continue to work. This assumes that there is no lock down. Placed in that situation, would you choose to self isolate or not on your own? I believe that there was one other thing mentioned about freelancing. Should people with gig type jobs where they have to go out in public or work with the public look out for their health or financial situation first?

I think this person means if you have a job as an outside contractor with no paid sick days and you start to feel sick, would you isolate yourself and lose income or would you just go to work and see what happens. That's just my guess though.
. I wonder what people that live paycheck to paycheck do in this situation? Or those contract workers that have little to no health benefits.

Are you in Japan? I thought Japan had a very good public health system. Even contractors or haken staff in Japan have health insurance. I might be wrong but I thought not having health insurance was a US problem.

Are you in Japan? I thought Japan had a very good public health system. Even contractors or haken staff in Japan have health insurance. I might be wrong but I thought not having health insurance was a US problem.
To not have health insurance in Japan, you have to make a deliberate conscious (and illegal) effort to avoid it. Anyone without it deserves to be turned away from the hospital. Or if they have Covid-19 and pose a risk to others, treated and then invoiced for the whole time they were here and not paying.

To not have health insurance in Japan, you have to make a deliberate conscious (and illegal) effort to avoid it. Anyone without it deserves to be turned away from the hospital. Or if they have Covid-19 and pose a risk to others, treated and then invoiced for the whole time they were here and not paying.
They still wouldnt pay... :mad:

If I was sick, I would self isolate & stay at home during these precarious times..id take one for the team & not spread the love. Fortunately im fine, and still on the prowl..