Sexually Transmitted Disease (std) Talk

I remember receiving the HPV vaccine when I was 17 (every girl in Sweden gets the vaccine nowadays), so I urge any lady reading this to get it if you haven't. Cervical cancer is the second most common cancer type in women under 35 (UK).

If you're a foreigner in Japan with national health insurance, and do not have free health care in your home country, definitely get it while you can (it is otherwise incredibly expensive).
I got the vaccine as well a a teenager.

The thing i'm more worried about now is throat cancer from getting HPV through BBJ... seems like there is nothing we can do against it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do those that do CFS also do CBJ when using professionals, or do most here do BBJ/CFS combo?

BBJ is the standard in Japan also when there is FS on the menue.

Definitely true though I have seen some girls to go with CBJ before CFS lately. Even in places where it has always been BBBJ and CFS before.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I got the vaccine as well a a teenager.

The thing i'm more worried about now is throat cancer from getting HPV through BBJ... seems like there is nothing we can do against it.

Is it a different strain? I thought vaccine should be a systemic adaptive immunity to HPV?

Is it a different strain? I thought vaccine should be a systemic adaptive immunity to HPV?
They only offered it to us girls and they said "this vaccine prevents against uterus cancer". They did not say anything about throat cancer as far as i can remember.
HPV is still very mysterious.

Not entirely an STD but does anyone know some OTC stuff for male Candidiasis? I forgot, repeatedly, to not wash with soap and now it's all fucked up again. Or maybe I did get it from a BBBJ so eh. I have no shame either, I'll slather some Vagisil on the old boy if that's what it takes to clear it up.

Reactions: Cambo
This looks like a research project for Roots.

My layman's opinion is that vaccines work by targeting the virus, not its effects. Assuming what you were told is correct, it might mean simply that certain strains were not covered by the vaccine.

Since that was a while ago, the vaccine may have been updated. You should check with your doctor.

What is the general conscenus on the STD risk of an oiled handjob of brief duration?

Obviously no sexual encounter is of zero risk but I would imagine the only risks for this would be HPV, more so if you had any broken or sensitive skin on your penis at the time.

I had read they HPV does not transfer from genitals to hands but that cannot be true, an opportunistic virus will do what it can to spread.

Thoughts?

I would also guess that no amount of rubbing alcohol kills hpv virus after the fact.

What is the general conscenus on the STD risk of an oiled handjob of brief duration?

Obviously no sexual encounter is of zero risk but I would imagine the only risks for this would be HPV, more so if you had any broken or sensitive skin on your penis at the time.

I had read they HPV does not transfer from genitals to hands but that cannot be true, an opportunistic virus will do what it can to spread.

Thoughts?

I would also guess that no amount of rubbing alcohol kills hpv virus after the fact.

Define "after the fact".
Anyway, you already answered your own question.

It doesn't matter how many times you ask this, and as has been answered to you already before the general consensus amongst the medical doctors is there is no STD risk in that kind of activity.

It doesn't matter how many times you ask this, and as has been answered to you already before the general consensus amongst the medical doctors is there is no STD risk in that kind of activity.

The skin on my shaft was quite raw in one area due to too much washing. Some broken skin

The skin on my shaft was quite raw in one area due to too much washing. Some broken skin

In this scenario the risk is to the provider, assuming his hands are clean. In any case, your biggest risks would be non-std infections, no?

My layman's opinion is that vaccines work by targeting the virus, not its effects.

This is basically correct. The vaccine introduces denatured virus (the virus version of a declawed and defanged cat) into your blood stream, causing your body to develop the defenses necessary to combat it. When your immune system encounters the live virus later, it is able to eradicate it.

This looks like a research project for Roots.

Sorry, just saw the post.

These are my words, so read the entire article, not just my quick layman's summary.

There are evolving vaccines from different companies. Clinical trials were only done for cervical cancer, so it cannot be claimed that it will prevent oral HPV. Still, it is believed that if the vaccine can be prevented in one part of the body, it might be safe to assume to prevent it in other non-tested parts.

HPV Vaccines
Two vaccines known as Gardasil and Cervarix protect against the strains of HPV that cause cervical cancers (HPV16 and 18), Gardasil also protects against other versions that cause genital warts (HPV6 and 11). A new version of the Gardasil vaccine protects against 9 versions of HPV. Millions of young girls in the US and in developed countries around the world have been safely vaccinated with an HPV vaccine. Because the original clinical trials were done only on cervical cancers, the FDA restricts the manufacturers from talking about other potential positive implications of these vaccines in different anatomical sites that HPV is known to infect. Since these vaccines block people from ever getting HPV16, it is not much of a scientific leap to extrapolate that to “if you can’t get the virus, you can’t get things the virus might cause”. Using this logic, many in the science community, including the CDC, and every major cancer treatment center in America, recommend vaccinating to protect people from the various different cancers associated with the virus such as oropharyngeal and anal cancers. The foundation also believes this to be highly worthy of doing, and has advocated at the CDC for vaccination of boys (finally winning their approval for pediatricians and other doctors to do so), not only to more quickly help reach the point of “herd immunity” in our country; protecting our next generation from HPV caused cervical cancers, but also to offer protection from other HPV cancers as well including oropharyngeal.

https://oralcancerfoundation.org/understanding/hpv/hpv-oral-cancer-facts/

Thanks, I ended up going to the doctor, it's something other than Candida but still a fungus, which means since I wash regularly someone I got a blowjob from in the last month needs to see a dentist right away.

You also have to keep in mind that HIV transmission rates from F->M is extremely low. It essentially takes an open wound for both the woman and the man for that to have a chance of happening. Last time I went to my doc and he asked if I wanted STD testing, he only got me tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea despite him knowing that I'm fairly promiscuous.

That's not to say you definitely won't catch something nasty, and you should certainly get re-tested again and maybe even another time down the line, but chances are pretty low.
sorry to ask but do you have anything to back this up? I would find it very reassuring.
my doctor was just like ' yeah you can get HIV from bareback sex come back in a few weeks and get tested'

sorry to ask but do you have anything to back this up? I would find it very reassuring.
my doctor was just like ' yeah you can get HIV from bareback sex come back in a few weeks and get tested'

Here's the best information I could find on the current HIV status in Japan:

1. HIV/AIDS cases reported in Japan in 2016
Since 2007, around 1,500 HIV/AIDS cases have been reported annually (range: 1,002-1,126 for HIV and 418-484 for AIDS). In 2016, 1,011 HIV (965 males; 46 females) and 437 AIDS (415 males; 22 females) cases were reported (Fig. 2). Among the 1,011 HIV cases, 885 were Japanese (857 males; 28 females) and 126 were non-Japanese (108 males; 18 females). Thus, Japanese males occupied 85% of the total HIV cases (857/1,011) and 86% of the total AIDS cases (376/437). Men who have sex with men (MSM), including bisexual contacts, made up 73% (735/1,011) of all HIV cases and 78% (669/857) of all Japanese male HIV cases (Fig. 3, Fig.), and the majority were in their 20’s to 40’s (Fig. 4). Males infected through heterosexual contact made up 14% (137/1,011) of all HIV cases and 14% (117/857) of all HIV cases of Japanese nationality. Among Japanese female HIV cases, the route of transmission was recorded as heterosexual contact for 79% (22/28) and other/unknown for the remaining 21% (6/28) of the cases. No case attributed to congenital infection was reported in 2016. One Japanese male case attributed to infection through intravenous drug use (IDU) was reported in 2016; except for 2013 when no case was reported, 1-5 IDU cases have been reported every year since 2001.

https://www.niid.go.jp/niid/en/iasr-e/865-iasr/7534-451te.html

Please read the entire article for a fuller picture.

Here's the best information I could find on the current HIV status in Japan:

1. HIV/AIDS cases reported in Japan in 2016
Since 2007, around 1,500 HIV/AIDS cases have been reported annually (range: 1,002-1,126 for HIV and 418-484 for AIDS). In 2016, 1,011 HIV (965 males; 46 females) and 437 AIDS (415 males; 22 females) cases were reported (Fig. 2). Among the 1,011 HIV cases, 885 were Japanese (857 males; 28 females) and 126 were non-Japanese (108 males; 18 females). Thus, Japanese males occupied 85% of the total HIV cases (857/1,011) and 86% of the total AIDS cases (376/437). Men who have sex with men (MSM), including bisexual contacts, made up 73% (735/1,011) of all HIV cases and 78% (669/857) of all Japanese male HIV cases (Fig. 3, Fig.), and the majority were in their 20’s to 40’s (Fig. 4). Males infected through heterosexual contact made up 14% (137/1,011) of all HIV cases and 14% (117/857) of all HIV cases of Japanese nationality. Among Japanese female HIV cases, the route of transmission was recorded as heterosexual contact for 79% (22/28) and other/unknown for the remaining 21% (6/28) of the cases. No case attributed to congenital infection was reported in 2016. One Japanese male case attributed to infection through intravenous drug use (IDU) was reported in 2016; except for 2013 when no case was reported, 1-5 IDU cases have been reported every year since 2001.

https://www.niid.go.jp/niid/en/iasr-e/865-iasr/7534-451te.html

Please read the entire article for a fuller picture.
Thank you

Hey! New member here. I'm 100% fine with CBJs and CFS but I have a thing for DATY and I was wondering how to exercise safe practices in japan. To my knowledge most p4p places supply male condoms, but nothing the other way?

Hey! New member here. I'm 100% fine with CBJs and CFS but I have a thing for DATY and I was wondering how to exercise safe practices in japan. To my knowledge most p4p places supply male condoms, but nothing the other way?
Dental dam or use something like plastic food wrap. You can also make your own barrier by cutting open a regular condom.
The only thing that would make me use a barrier for DATY the girl's bad hygiene, not any STD fears.